Gas boilers are often used for heating countryside and private houses, villas whose owners, due to poor electrical supply to the periphery, often face fluctuations in the electricity network. Such differences have a negative effect on the operation of heating boilers, significantly shortening the period of their operation. Therefore, voltage fluctuations in the network must be eliminated. Help in this can special devices - stabilizers. What are the stabilizers for a gas boiler and how to choose the device - read below.
- Stabilizer for a gas boiler: requirements for the
- Recommendations: how to choose a voltage regulator for a gas boiler
- Features of voltage regulators for heating boilers
- Which stabilizer is needed for a gas boiler
- Connecting a gas boilerTo the mains
- Characteristics of the voltage regulator for the gas boiler( video)
Stabilizer for the gas boiler: requirements for the
Stabilizer is a device that regulates the voltage and frequency of the current in the network, which allows all devices and systems operating and electricity to function stably. That is, the main function of the stabilizer is to protect the equipment from wear and burnout. In addition, heaters connected through the stabilizer work in a more economical mode, which allows reducing both gas consumption and electricity costs.
. Therefore, the stabilizer for a gas-heating boiler must:
- Provide power to the boiler and its uninterrupted, According to the technical requirements of the device.
- Protect the device from overheating, short circuits.
- Redistribute the voltage too low in the network, supporting the operation of the boiler.
- Perform emergency shutdown in the event of sudden jumps and an increase in input voltage that go beyond its own technical capabilities and automatically return to work after the normalization of power.
In order to be guided by the differences between models, to have an idea of the performance of the device, it is necessary to pay attention to the basic engineering characteristics of the stabilizer.
Indicative are: the response time of the device to changes in the network;Speed of response of the device;Range of input levels and changes in the value of the output voltage;The design term for the operation of the stabilizer.
Not the least role is played by the price of the device. If you are offered an electronic stabilizer for less than 5,000-6,000 rubles, then most likely you will have a low-quality Chinese device that will quickly fail or, worse, not be able to protect the boiler from a short circuit.
Recommendations: how to choose a voltage regulator for a gas boiler
The continuity of the operation of a gas boiler, the safety of its and neighboring electrical appliances, can guarantee only a properly selected stabilizer that meets all electrical system requirements. The choice of the stabilizer is affected by several factors.
. So, in order to choose the suitable heating stabilizer, it is necessary to pay attention to:
- Number of phases. The stabilizer can be single-phase and three-phase. The phase should be selected depending on the type of power supply. So, if the network is single-phase, then the stabilizer should be with one phase.
- Device power. The power of the stabilizer is calculated by summing the recoil of all the devices that will be included in the circuit. Select a stabilizer for power is better with a margin of 30%.
- The accuracy of the stabilizer. Devices are manufactured with the accuracy of determining the voltage in the mains in the range from 1 to 10%.The higher this index, the better the device will work. But the higher will be its value.
- Mounting type. The device can be wall, floor and ceiling. The difference of models will be only in the design of the hull. The most compact, convenient and safe( the wires will not be located under your feet) are devices for wall mounting.
Not last role, when choosing a device for voltage stabilization and uniform operation of the gas heater, the principle of the stabilizer's operation plays. It is from what type of device you choose by type will depend on the speed of its response to the change in the voltage in the network, the ability of the stabilizer to smoothly adjust the feed at the input.
Features of voltage regulators for heating boilers
The operating period of the stabilizer, the cost of the device and its operating parameters depend not only on the manufacturer, capacity and dimensions of the stabilizer, but also on its type.
At present the following types of voltage regulators operating principle:
- Servomotornye ( servo).The principle of operation of such devices is similar to that of a conventional transformer. This explains the low response rate of the device to the change in the voltage in the network, the fear of overload. The advantages of the devices include the smooth regulation of the voltage with a stepless type.
- Relay .The relay regulator has compact dimensions and low weight, is resistant to frequent changes in input voltage and is able to respond quickly to changes in the network. The main non-delivery of devices: rapid wear of the relay, low accuracy of the output voltage, a step change in the value of the voltage.
- Triacs ( thyristor).Thyristor stabilizer is characterized by quiet and smooth operation, high accuracy and speed of operation. The disadvantages of such devices include their high cost. In addition, control boards in thyristor devices often require frequent reconfiguration and replacement.
In addition, a separate ferroresonance stabilizer is selected, which is similar in principle to a conventional transformer, and high-frequency impulse devices with a PWM-voltodobavka. The latter are distinguished by reliability and high accuracy. The disadvantages of the devices include their high cost and low threshold of the upper output voltage. What
stabilizer is needed for a gas boiler
For gas heating heater included in a standard single-phase network( 220b) with ideal elektrostabilizator triacs or thyristors as the semiconductor elements that perform the function of switches automatically between the windings of the transformer.
Electronic devices have many advantages, among which are:
- High accuracy of output voltage stabilization level;Durability( the estimated service life of the device is 10-15 years);
- 90% resistance to loads;
- Noiseless operation of the device;
- Quick response to changes in mains voltage.
The shortcomings of the devices include their relatively high price and excessive responsiveness to network interference.
Based on user feedback, the most effective and long-lasting electronic voltage regulators for gas heaters are such devices: Calm R600-ST, ST-800 Teplocom.
Secure not only the gas boiler, but also a number of other electrical appliances, to protect the outlets will allow the Progress regulator 8000SL-20 with thyristor switching keys. This device will last at least 10 years, and will be perfect for groups with a total capacity of up to 6.4 kW( 8000 VA).To protect the two-circuit gas boiler, stabilizers Garant SN-400 and SinPro SN-750PT are suitable.
It is possible to secure the gas boiler and other household electrical appliances from fire by means of special network filters.
Most often, the network filter looks like a regular network extension cable. The main differences are that the filter has special safety knots and commutating buttons. Among the most high-quality and popular filters can be identified devices companies Foton, Power cube, Defender, Supra Jen Tech, Krauler. Depending on the model, filters from these manufacturers can be designed for one or several outlets.
Connecting a gas boiler to the electrical network
Today, there are several schemes for connecting the boiler to the power grid. The most popular ones are via a plug with a grounding contact and a bipolar switch with a minimum contact distance of 0.3 or more cm.
Regardless of the selectedMethod, the boiler is connected via a stabilizer or safety filter to the shield with mandatory earthing.
A special circuit can be arranged to provide effective grounding. If there is not enough space for the circuit, the boiler can be grounded in a modular( dotted) way using electrodes. In this case, the resistance for grounding the gas boiler should not be more than 10 Ohm.
The gas boiler must not be grounded to a heating or gas pipe.
The inclusion of a gas boiler in an electric grid is a responsible exercise, which is best instructed by an experienced master. But if you are confident in your abilities, then you can connect the device yourself. The main thing is to follow the instructions to the boiler and the fire safety rules.
Characteristics of the voltage regulator for a gas boiler( video)
The stabilizer for a gas boiler is an indispensable device that allows extending the term of operation connected to the electric system of the heating device. The selection of the stabilizer is quite a labor-intensive exercise, in the process of which it is necessary to take into account a number of nuances related to the type of power supply and the characteristics of the device. Using the above recommendations, you can choose a really high-quality, suitable device that reliably protects the heater from the effects of power fluctuations in the network, and will allow you to enjoy the work of the gas boiler for more than one year.