Modern plastic panels presented in the construction market are striking in the variety of their color palette and simulated textures. This allows you to create a unique ceiling design that will complement the overall style in the interior. Ceilings made of plastic panels are easy to install and use. Mounting of panels can be reproduced independently, after having studied the instructions and advice of professionals. Installation will take a little time, and the result will please with its stylish look.
- PVC ceiling panels: Species features
- PVC panel ceilings: types of coatings
- Advantages of PVC panels in front of modern finishes
- How to make a ceiling from PVC panels with our own hands
- Installation of PVC panelsOn the ceiling( video)
- Design of ceilings from PVC panels( interior photo)
PVC panels for ceiling: Species features
Panels for ceiling coverings are made of a material called floorVinyl chloride. Abbreviated them are called PVC panels. By their composition, they almost do not differ, except that additives to the basic polymer material can vary. But there are differences between PVC panels.
Main differences in size
- Wall paneling( length 12 cm);
- Plate from the panel( up to 50 cm);
- Sheet from the panel( up to 200 cm).
You can calculate the dimensions of the panels for yourself. It depends on the area of the room in which they will make repairs. Also PVC panels differ by the installation method.
Differences in mounting method
- Suturing panels leave a noticeable connection point. They look good, but their cost is quite cheap.
- The device of seamless panels provides absence of visible seams and cracks after their installation.
It is necessary to determine the type of installation in advance so that the finished ceilings blend harmoniously with the overall interior of the living area.
It is important to pay attention to the fact that the plastic panels are divided into wall and ceiling panels. Each view must be installed strictly on the intended surface.
Plastic panels for walls are more durable and harder, while the ceiling panels have a more delicate structure.
PVC panel ceilings: coating types
In the modern construction market, there are many varieties of PVC panels. Panels can be made in a single color scheme, imitate the texture of different materials, they can be applied to design drawings.
Types of panels by type of coating:
- Matte. The cost of such a panel is democratic. The panel is similar to the lining, it has a width of 10 cm. They look rather simple, but this is explained by their low price.
- Glossy. Wide panels are covered with special paint and protective coating. The choice of colors is very large, there are also panels that mimic the look of marble or wood. Their cost increases with the width, which reaches up to 25 cm. This size provides a beautiful coating with a minimum of visible seams.
When choosing the type of cover, it is important to consider the general view of the room in advance.
A glossy surface is a good option for decorating a ceiling in a room that lacks space. Due to its ability to reflect light, the surface creates the effect of an expanded space, and the objects reflected in it create the illusion of an additional room.
There are a large number of plastic panels of different types: from the size and color to the installation method. Before buying it is important to check the integrity of the panels, to see not nailed and corner.
Advantages of PVC panels in front of modern finishes
Facing materials from PVC materials have excellent properties. Thanks to them, plastic finishing will last for many years, will not bring trouble in maintenance and care, and the appearance will retain its freshness for a long time.
Positive characteristics of PVC material:
- Moisture resistance. Plastic is resistant to moisture, so you can not be afraid of deteriorating its appearance. Also, with plastic panels on the ceiling, you can not be afraid of floods, because it will cope well with the load and not deteriorate from moisture.
- Decorative effect. Plastic panels perfectly cover defects of any complexity. With the help of panels you can easily hide various household cords, wiring, pipes.
- The PVC material has a small coefficient of heat expansion.
- The plastic is resistant to high temperatures. Plastic panels begin to melt only at a temperature of 80 degrees.
- Material is chemically neutral. It is odorless and completely safe for health.
Thanks to this set of characteristics, the plastic panels provide a reliable ceiling coating and easy maintenance. With such a surface, you can not be afraid of fat and other forms of contamination, since they are easily removed with a detergent.
It is important to remember that the use of abrasive powders and pastes can lead to the formation of small scratches on the surface of the glossy panels.
From the disadvantages of the panels, you can note the presence of seams, even in seamless types of panels, as well as the fact that its installation will take several centimeters of room space, but very little if the unevenness on the ceiling is not very large.
How to make a ceiling from PVC panels with your own hands
You can make a ceiling from plastic panels yourself if you follow step by step instructions and strictly follow the recommendations of professionals. In case the master is not very confident in his abilities, it is better to entrust the work to a qualified worker - the installation of the construction is not difficult, but requires a responsible approach.
- First, using the construction level, you need to specify the mounting lines of the mounting profile. Do it all along the perimeter of the ceiling. The main goal should be to create the most horizontal surface.
- The profile must be firmly attached to the wall. We must strictly monitor the fact that there are no crevices.
- To the straps fixed on the perimeter, you need to attach a transverse profile. It is the basis of PVC panels.
- Attach the L-shaped mounting profile to the slats along the perimeter of the ceiling.
- At this stage it is necessary to solve the issue of internal communications - this is the last stage, which is appropriate for their placement.
- Cut the plastic panels with a hacksaw along the length of the ceiling. Tightly insert the first panel into the profile, secure with self-tapping screws. Liquid nails or glue can also be used.
- Insert the panels one into the other and attach them to the mounting profile using rails. Stacking should be as accurate as possible.
- The last bar must fit the width of the remaining space to the wall. Carefully insert the panel into the L-shaped profile.
. Some use wooden strips and bars instead of metal profiles, and use special brackets instead of screws. This method is cheap at cost.
It should be remembered that when wet the tree becomes soaked, loses its shape, starts to break down. This can lead to the destruction of the main structure.
When installing plastic panels with your own hands, it is important to remember that the choice of quality materials affects the entire structure: its operation, appearance and service life.
Installation of PVC panels on the ceiling( video)
Ceilings from PVC panels can be an excellent alternative to suspended structures. They are easy to install, use, affordable. Which of them is the best, everyone decides for himself. The quality depends on the material selected, but a price-quality ratio is possible. A variety of types of panels allows you to choose the right option for the interior in any style. The consumer has a wide range of matt and glossy panels to create a beautiful interior with them.