Wallpaper as ceiling decoration - a great alternative to ceiling coating as at major overhaul, and in cosmetics. Modern wallpaper materials are not inferior in quality and design originality to other methods for ceiling finishing. In addition to the usual roll wallpaper for repair suitable liquid or special ceiling, which are more dense and adapted to the horizontal surface.
- Popular wallpaper for the ceiling: catalogs with the main views
- Ceiling wallpapers: which to choose and by what criteria to evaluate
- Ceiling paper wallpapers
- White wallpapers: which color of the ceiling to choose and the combinatorics rules
- Most requested 3D wallpapers for ceiling
- Wallpapers on the ceiling( video)
- Ceiling wallpaper design( photo)
Popular wallpaper for the ceiling: catalogs with the main views
Wallpaper mostlyssotsiiruyutsya with the material for the walls, but they are equally applied effectively as a coating on the ceiling. In this case, ceiling wallpaper has significant advantages that are important under certain conditions of the interior.
Ceiling wallpapers are qualitatively different from suspended structures:
- Low material cost;
- Low cost of bonding services;
- Simplicity of work, which a non-professional will cope with;
- Absence of special tools while working with material;
- Save the height of the room, which is especially valuable with low ceilings;
- Possibility to paint and recolor ceilings.
However, it should be understood that wallpaper linens are not a universal material, so there are restrictions on their use.
- fragility( material loses its original aesthetic qualities for an average of fiveyears);
- Exposure to burnout;
- absence of water resistant component or a low level of water resistance, depending on the material;
- Absorb odors;
- Do not hide the significant unevenness of the ceiling.
worth considering all the features of this material, to eliminate the factors negatively affecting the cloth to prolong the life of the wallpaper and use their main advantage - the most diverse assortment.
Start choosing the wallpaper is the main idea of the room and the task that will perform the wallpaper.
Any pro shop has a directory with photos of possible options for wallpaper, which helps to determine: what fabric best suited for future repairs.
Wallpapers on the ceiling: which to choose and according to what criteria to evaluate
The modern choice of wallpaper fabrics impresses with its diversity in composition, properties and design effects, so that they can be used in apartments, cottages and private homes.
Depending on the material, wallpaper can be in the form:
- 3D wallpaper.
The main difference between all kinds of wallpaper - a material that can be fabric, synthetic or paper. Synthetic wallpaper, for example, vinyl, emit minimal amounts of formaldehyde and other harmful substances. Therefore, it is better to choose more environmentally friendly materials in the bedroom and the children's room, even if the instruction indicates that the material meets the sanitary requirements.
Velor wallpaper, often used for walls, but they look great on the ceiling as well.
Features of wallpaper:
- Have a velvety texture that overflows in certain lights;
- Have a protective coating against burnout and fading;
- Absorbs noise;
- Absorb odors, so they are not suitable for the ceiling above the working area of the kitchen;
- Poorly cleaned.
Liquid wallpaper, so popular in recent times, have a microporous structure. And to put on the ceiling such wallpaper is much more convenient than roll.
wallpaper liquid specifications:
- fabric structure is not aligned surface before application of the wallpaper;
- Wallpapers have heat-insulating and small sound-proof characteristics;
- Have antistatic and antifungal composition;
- Create a seamless surface.
Features wallpaper on non-woven backing:
- Convenient for ceilings, asAdhesive must be applied to the surface, not to wallpaper;
- Wallpapers are capable of withstanding up to 10 colors by changing colors;
- Mask small irregularities and cracks on the surface;
- Do not soak and tear resistant;
- Abrasion resistant.
- fire safety, asVinyl material does not support burning;
- Due to the structure, air is passed through;
- Durable( up to 20 years service);
Textile wallpaper can be on paper or on a fabric basis. This is the most environmentally friendly and economical choice. However, textile wallpaper is stretched and wetted during the gluing, which makes it difficult to apply to the ceiling surface.
3D wallpaper - a special type of wallpaper, which has the effect of bulkiness. Such wallpapers are practical in care, becauseWash with any cleaning agents.
Cork wallpaper is the least common material for wall decoration, however, as a ceiling coating, these wallpapers will look superb. Wallpaper on the cork base is very heavy, so they are mounted on a special glue. The wallpaper has anti-dust and anti-static properties.
For a single room, you can select several types of wallpaper, for this we combine the material with their properties and characteristics.
Wallpapers for paper ceiling
Paper-coated wallpapers are a classic material that has earned trust and is not a concern. Domestic producers produce special ceiling wallpaper, which, in contrast to the wall, has a denser base. However, there is no such distinction anywhere else in the world.
Paper wallpaper can be:
- Simplex( single-layer);
- Duplex( two-layer);
Simplex wallpaper is the most short-lived and has low operational properties. Duplex wallpaper has a more solid base, consisting of two layers of paper. Most durable and high quality wallpapers - three-layer, they have a very dense texture, hide minor surface irregularities easily interact with the adhesive, so the taping, and if necessary, dismantling of wallpaper, do not cause difficulties.
Design paper wallpaper very diverse and rich. The wallpaper can have smooth glossy or matte surfaces, and can be structured and corrugated.
The main advantage of the wallpaper on paper basis is environmental friendliness, due to the natural origin of the materials, and air permeability, which prevents the appearance of fungus and mold. Therefore, such wallpaper is preferably used in the bedroom. But in the bathroom, because of the humidity, these wallpapers do not fit.
White wallpapers: which color of the ceiling to choose and the combinatorics rules
The color of the ceiling wallpaper plays a key role in the interior of the room. Domestic wallpaper, designed specifically for the ceiling, are exceptionally white. This color of the ceiling surface is considered classic, and is most useful in small rooms with a low ceiling.
Advantages combination ceiling white coating with white walls are:
- In additional illumination space due to the reflected light;
- In the visual expansion of the room;
- In the psychological sense of lightness, purity and freedom.
White ceiling is perfectly combined with other colors, so the walls can be selected in any shade. If the room is decorated in the Art Nouveau style or the avant-garde, you can give preference to even a black or purple hue.
addition to the standard domestic wallpaper you can buy imported wallpaper, designed for painting, to independently find the right combination. Due to the correct color combination, you can visually adjust the proportions of the room.
Popular color combinations of the ceiling to the walls:
- white ceiling - the walls of any shade;
- Beige ceiling - brown walls;
- Blue or turquoise ceiling - white walls.
In addition to the color combination in the gradient style in a room with high ceilings, you can use contrasting compositions, for example, a green ceiling with white or yellow walls is a bold combination, but with the right tonality will create a very energetic atmosphere.
In addition to monophonic wallpaper, you can use the use of patterns on the ceiling. For example, wallpaper with stripes can be glued to the ceiling along or across the room, depending on the proportions of the room.
Most popular 3D wallpaper for the ceiling
especially popular wallpaper with surround effects, which, thanks to the innovative 3D technology creates a unique composition in terms of conventional apartments. Especially spectacular such wallpaper look on the ceiling:
Advantages of such wallpapers:
- Wallpapers expand the space, blurring the ceiling;
- Polyester base protects the wallpaper from burning out
- Have fluorescent species as wallpaper with a special coating, which creates a gentle nighttime illumination.
For the bathroom suitable surround wallpaper with marine themes. In the corridor the wallpaper with the image of the fresco will look spectacular. In the nursery - 3D effect of the sky with clouds or the starry sky. The hall, as the main room, can be distinguished by a huge voluminous flower on the ceiling.
wallpaper on the ceiling( video)
wallpaper as a ceiling decoration in high demand, as it is one of the simplest and easiest ways to arrange the ceiling surface. The main advantages of this finish are the low material cost and ease of installation, which everyone can handle.