Many apartment owners face difficulties in choosing the finishing material for the ceiling in the corridor. Most apartments have narrow, small corridors. The decoration of such a room is always filled with difficulties. The ceiling is not an exception in this respect: the choice of the way to decorate the ceiling is not easy. However, professionals have developed a number of methods that will help solve the main problems of modern corridors. If you wish to read them, read below.
- We choose the ceiling design in the corridor
- How to make the ceiling with our own hands in the corridor
- Repair the ceilings of the old corridor
- Multi-level ceiling in the corridor of the new apartment
- Design of stretch ceilings in the corridor and hallway)
We choose the ceiling design in the corridor
To make a competent ceiling design in the corridor, it is necessary to take into account the individual features of your corridor. First of all, we are talking about the size of the room, its shape and the height of the ceiling. Each of these parameters affects the recommended ceiling design. It is also important to consider how much money you are willing to spend on your ceiling.
Choose the material for the ceiling finish in the corridor based on the size, shape and height of the ceiling cover.
Basically for the corridors, the following options are used:
The stretch ceiling is the most popular and beautiful material for the ceiling finish in the corridor
- Whitewash. Looks good on a properly aligned ceiling. Plus option in low cost and ease of execution. But the quality of such a ceiling will leave much to be desired.
- Painting looks a little more qualitative than whitewashing. Paint can be glossy, have an original shade and texture. However, the paint will look good only on a perfectly flat ceiling.
- Decorative plaster. This kind of finish looks very good on a flat ceiling. The ability to create an original drawing without much expense attracts many.
- Wallpaper. Wallpapers are good because they are easy to paste on any surface, the choice of the picture is limited only by the imagination of the consumer, and the quality coatings look no worse than expensive types of ceiling finishing. Minus in the need for leveling the ceiling.
- PVC tiles. This option looks cheap and angry. PVC with proper care can last for a long time, but the appearance of such a ceiling is unlikely to greatly delight owners and guests.
- Drywall. It is possible to make a complex, beautiful and reliable construction from drywall. Plus is that in the plasterboard ceiling you can mount spotlights, and also that the design can be installed on your own, which will significantly save your finances.
- Rack-mounted suspended ceiling in aluminum is very practical and stylish. The ability to establish spots is also present. It is very convenient in the care, completely resistant to temperatures and moisture.
- The wooden ceiling rail creates a warm, cozy atmosphere. Depending on the quality of the wood, this ceiling can look either very simple, or luxurious and expensive. Lighting elements are also easily mounted in such a ceiling.
Stretch ceilings are good because they are very durable, and the choice of color and texture is absolutely unimaginable. Installation is done by professionals with a minimum of costs in terms of time and money( the installation often comes bundled with the material).Glossy ceiling with good lighting significantly expands the space of a narrow corridor.
Remember that the corridor is often devoid of sunlight, so provide this room with high-quality bright lighting.
How to make a ceiling with your own hands in the corridor
Theoretically, you can make almost any ceiling with your own hands. The only exception is the stretch ceiling made of PVC linen. This coating is installed only by professionals using special equipment. With gypsum cardboard ceiling also things are not easy: basic building skills and at least a minimum experience is necessary to establish a ceiling from gypsum board.
A simple, beautiful and relatively inexpensive option for finishing the ceiling in the corridor is decorative plaster
Let's consider a simple but high-quality way to decorate the ceiling surface. To make decorative plaster, it is necessary to perform the following actions:
- First get rid of the cracks, if any, present on your ceiling.
- The second step is puttying the ceiling. Shpaklyayte strong cement filler on cement basis.
- Apply the first non-decorative plaster.
- Apply decorative plaster to the dried perfectly flat surface.
- Give it the desired shape with a spatula or other suitable instruments.
- Make the painting as needed.
Decorative plaster is a very comfortable and pliable material. With the help of a roller, a sponge stamp and other improvised tools, you can easily make your own unique relief.
We repair the ceilings of the old corridor
The repair of the ceilings in the corridor depends on the overall design solution in the room. Designers insist on proper attitude to the design of the corridor: this part of the house creates a first impression of the entire dwelling.
The old corridors are quite small in size. Many designers recommend using light colors when decorating such premises
Traditionally, the types of ceilings for the corridor are as follows:
- The ceiling is lighter than the walls. This gives an additional height for the ceiling.
- Dark shiny ceiling. This option gives the ceiling surface depth, and the room - a mysterious futuristic atmosphere.
- Frosted ceiling with spots. This is an option that has become a classic. It looks expensive and modest.
- Multi-level ceiling is good for large hallway. Looks nice, lets you create an interesting 3D image.
An annual version of the ceiling repair in the corridor should appear on the basis of the shape and size of your corridor, as well as on the basis of aesthetic preferences and financial possibilities.
Multi-level ceiling in the corridor of the new apartment
In apartments, the corridor room is sometimes arranged somewhat unreasonably. Therefore, competent repair of the ceiling should brighten up this oversight in the layout of the apartment corridors.
Multi-level ceiling is a great way to hide the defects of the corridor
Creating a multi-level design can solve several problems inherent in the corridors in the apartments:
- Lighting. The levels fit well in convenient and compact spots.
- Disgust. A neat multilevel ceiling gracefully decorates even the most boring and dreary room.
- Unsuccessful form. Using levels, you can rearrange the accent from the angular shape of the ceiling to unusual shapes of additional ceiling levels.
Even in a small unsightly corridor you can install a multi-level ceiling. The designer will advise how to smooth the minuses of the apartment corridor with this type of ceiling coating.
Design of stretch ceilings in the corridor and the hallway( video)
Do not forget that the first impression of the house comes from the first room - the hallway. Therefore, it is important to think through all the details of this room, including the ceiling. In a long corridor, it is better to make a not very high plastic ceiling. Color, texture, lighting - all this can work to create a beautiful, decent place, which is nice to show to guests and family. Examples of the design of the ceiling you can see in the gallery.