Recently, for finishing the ceiling, gypsum boards are increasingly used. This material is unpretentious in maintenance and has high performance characteristics. For fastening drywall to the ceiling, it is recommended to use special fastening materials, however, if desired, you can do without profiles. In this case, the sheets should be installed using mastic or other binding materials or other fastening materials.
- We install plasterboard on the ceiling without a frame with mastic
- Leveling the ceiling with gypsum board without a frame: features and benefits
- Fastening the plasterboard to the ceiling without a frame yourself
- Is it possible to attach drywall to a wooden ceiling withoutFrame
- Installation of drywall on glue without a skeleton
We install gypsum board on a ceiling without a skeleton with mastic
If you do not want to useUse self-tapping screws, you can simply glue the sheets to the ceiling. For these purposes, it is recommended to use mastic. This glue material will ensure reliable fastening of the sheets to the ceiling. In addition, mastic is a very inexpensive material.
In case you want to save, you can make the adhesive yourself. To do this, you need to mix water, alabaster and ordinary bone glue. The resulting solution must be thoroughly mixed. Remember that in the glue solution there should be no bubbles or lumps.
The installation is carried out in the following order:
- First you need to remove all microroughness from the ceiling. In order to remove defects, use putty and sealant.
- Cut the sheets of plasterboard.
- Use a spatula to apply glue or mastic to the material.
- Attach the sheet to the ceiling and press it. In order to firmly attach the drywall use the holder.
- Remove minor flaws with a spatula and rubberized hammer.
Leveling the gypsum board without a frame: features and benefits
Leveling the ceiling with gypsum board is a responsible process. In order to properly perform the installation, you need to pay attention to the surface roughness. If there are significant defects and leaks on the ceiling, then it is rational to use the frame.
Before proceeding with the installation work, decide on the method of attaching the sheets. It is recommended to use beacons, because with their help, the installation is much easier. If you do not want to spend a lot of time, you can do without lighthouses.
The advantages of a gypsum board without a frame include:
- Cheap construction. You do not have to spend a lot of money on accessories and fasteners.
- Reliability. If you perform the installation strictly according to the instructions, the ceiling will not collapse or deform.
Fastening drywall to the ceiling without a skeleton with your own hands
Before you attach the sheets to the ceiling, you need to prepare the surface. It is recommended to clean it from dirt and dust. In addition, the ceiling should be applied several layers of primer and putty. Do not forget to degrease the surface.
The procedure for installing the plasterboard on the ceiling:
- Attach the sheet to the ceiling tile. After this, drill 10-12 holes. They will serve as a kind of guide.
- Insert the wooden chinks into the holes. If you do not have them, use the usual dowels.
- Glue a piece of foam rubber to the sheet. This material will serve as a kind of regulating spring. Remember that you need to glue the foam with a 10-centimeter run.
- Attach the sheet to the ceiling and secure it with screws. Do not forget to put the washers on it beforehand. Do this operation with all sheets.
- Drill a hole with a diameter of 4-5 centimeters near the screws. Install foam in these holes. It will serve as a fixative and will not let the structure collapse.
- After the assembly foam has dried, you need to unscrew all the screws. Fill the gap with a putty or sealant.
- Proceed to the finish of the ceiling.
Is it possible to attach a drywall to a wooden ceiling without a frame
You can install a drywall on the wooden ceiling. Mounting is carried out using self-tapping screws, mastic or glue solution. But at the same time you need to consider that you can not glue this material to any wood. In addition, if you glue the plasterboard to a wooden ceiling, the structure may become deformed. In case you are not sure about the quality of wood, it is better to resort to the wireframe method of fastening.
Please note that only those sheets that have a low specific gravity can be used to finish the wooden ceiling.
The advantages of finishing the wooden ceiling with plasterboard include:
- No need to install a wooden crate.
- Saving the height of the room. The thickness of drywall is small, so this method can be used even for finishing the premises with a low ceiling.
- No need to use specialized tools. To carry out the installation you will only need a spatula, a screwdriver and a knife.
Installation of drywall on glue without a skeleton
As you can see, it is easy to install drywall on the ceiling. You can do this even without the use of a specialized crate. To do this, you need to prepare and mark the surface. Remember that laying gipsokartonnye sheets need to be staggered. This technique helps you avoid deformation of the structure. After the completion of the work, do not forget to seal the seams between the sheets with a putty.