When installing stretch ceilings between the wall and the sheet a small gap is formed. To eliminate it, various decorative elements are used. Most often resort to the use of masking tape, as it is easy to install and costs much less than a decorative skirting board.
- Masking tape for stretch ceilings: types and features
- Decorative tape for stretch ceilings: pros and cons
- Masking tape for stretch ceilings: stand-alone installation
- Installation of decorative stretch ceiling tape in corners
- Masking tape for stretch ceilings( video)
Masking tape for stretch ceilings: types and features
Masking tape is made of polyvinylchlorideYl chloride. This material does not deform under the influence of low temperature and retains a beautiful appearance for many years.
The masking ceiling ribbon can be of three types:
- T-shaped. Such products are used in case the walls are perfectly even or tiled.
- L-shaped. This fastening is advisable to use if the surface of the walls is slightly uneven. A decorative tape of L-shaped configuration made of polyvinyl chloride with a low stiffness index is produced.
- F-shaped. These tapes are fixed to the ceiling using specialized profiles. Products with an F-shaped configuration are used only if the ceilings are made in the form of a curved construction.
. The best producer of decorative tapes is Allen. This company produces tapes of high quality materials. Also a good manufacturer are Miltec and ACU.
Decorative tape for stretch ceilings: pros and cons
Decorative tapes are more versatile than classic fillets, as they are easier to assemble. When installing the product, you do not need to use adhesive, dowels or other fastening materials.
Also to the pluses of decorative tapes are:
- Ability to reuse. If necessary, decorative tapes are easily dismantled.
- Tapes help to hide defects located on the walls.
- High flexibility. Tapes are easily bent, so they can be installed even on a multi-level ceiling made of gypsum board or PVC.
- Low cost. You do not need to purchase glue mortar or fasteners.
- High wear resistance.
- Tapes help to avoid the appearance of dust in the gaps.
- Versatility. If desired, the decorative tape can be painted in any color. Thanks to this, you can easily create an unusual element of decor. Remember that you can use only acrylic paints to color the tape.
Masking tape for stretch ceilings: stand alone installation
The masking tape is installed using a conventional spatula. Before starting work, it is advisable to check the evenness of the wall and the hanging cloth. If you find any irregularities, eliminate them.
How to install the camouflage tape:
- Measure the length of the wall.
- Trim the decorative tape to the desired size.
- Attach the tape to the wall.
- Secure the product with a spatula.
- After that, lightly press on the product and trim the excess tape.
. Installing decorative stretch ceiling ribbon in the corners
Installing a masking tape in the corners is a simple process. The installation is also carried out with a spatula. Alternatively, you can use a rubber mallet.
Corner installation technology in corners:
- Cut the strips to the required length.
- Dock two products. Remember that they must create a 90 degree angle. If you have curved ceilings, the angle between them may be somewhat larger.
- Fasten the tape with a spatula or rubber hammer.
- Cut off excess tape with a hacksaw.
It is recommended to use ribbons with T-shaped or L-shaped configuration for decorating corners.
Masking tape for stretch ceiling( video)
Decorative tape is a practical material that will help you to hide the gap between the stretcher and the walls. Unlike classic moldings, these products have high flexibility. When choosing a decorative tape, pay attention to the manufacturer and the color range of the product. Mounting masking tape is carried out with a spatula or rubberized hammer. The product is installed in a specially designed groove.