To make the living room it is advisable to use two-level ceilings only if the room is spacious. To build a multi-level structure, you can use PVC panels or gypsum boards. Materials for special crate are fixed. It can be made from metal profiles. It is preferable to use aluminum products, since they are not prone to corrosion.
- Multilevel ceilings in the living room: the advantages and disadvantages
- Trey ceilings of gypsum boards with their hands
- Make Trey ceilings made of plastic
- How to make a two-tiered ceiling with LED
- Installation of two-level ceiling in the living room(video)
- Design duplex ceilings in the living room( photo examples)
Multilevel ceilings in the living room: the advantages and disadvantages
Multilevel ceiling has a lot of advantages, however, it is not without flaws. A distinctive advantage of this design is its versatility. Any kind of light source can be used to illuminate such structures. In addition, multi-level ceilings will help to hide any defects on the base surface.
With multi-level ceilings, you can make a visual enlargement of the room. Also, with the help of such designs, you can split the room into several functional areas.
Disadvantages of multi-level ceilings:
- High cost. Multilevel ceilings will cost you dearly, since you will need to purchase a large number of panels, fasteners and profiles.
- The design takes up a lot of space. When using multi-level ceilings, the room height will decrease by 25-35 centimeters.
- The complexity of installation. It's very difficult to construct a ceiling in 2 levels independently, because this design requires precise marking and strict adherence to the installation instructions.
Trey ceilings of gypsum boards with their hands
Gypsum panels are widely used for decoration of ceilings, since they are relatively inexpensive and have high strength characteristics. Remember that for the construction of a two-level ceiling, it is advisable to use gypsum boards with low specific gravity.
Before starting the installation, you need to partition the entire base surface and make holes for the profiles. If there are cracks on the ceiling, make sure to pin them.
Technology for installing a two-level ceiling from gypsum board:
- Attach a UD profile to the wall. Remember that to attach such products it is better to use hollow dowels with a diameter of 6-7 millimeters. Screw to the surface of the suspension. The distance between adjacent elements should not be more than 57-60 centimeters.
- Install the CD-profiles. They need to be inserted into a special hole located in the UD-profile.
- After the lath of the first level is made, enclose it with drywall sheets. To fix the panels, use self-tapping screws.
- Next, apply the marking to the ceiling under the second-level frame.
- Cut the side walls of the profiles.
- Screw a UD profile to the wall. If you plan to make a figured ceiling, then a CD profile must be inserted between the wall and the UD profile.
- After the lath of the second level is made, cover it with drywall sheets. To fix the panels you need to use self-tapping screws. Do not forget to sew up the vertical parts of the structure.
- Seal joints between adjacent panels with a putty.
- Next, proceed to the finish finish. It is best to use acrylic paints.
- Install the lighting fixtures.