Often used to mirror the ceiling in the bathroom mirrors. They are easily mounted on the surface, and are very durable. For the manufacture of mirror ceilings, you can use either a special glass or a satin cloth. Installation of such structures begins with the manufacture of the crate and preliminary marking of the surface.
- mirror on the ceiling in the bathroom: the pros and cons
- Set the glass ceiling
- How to install glazed ceiling
- Reviews of mirrored ceilings
- mirrored ceiling design in the bathroom( video)
- Mirrored ceilingsIn the bathroom( photo)
Mirror on the ceiling in the bathroom: pros and cons
If you decide to install a mirror on the ceiling, you need to consider all the advantages and disadvantages of such a finish. It should be noted that the pluses of mirrored ceilings are much larger.
Advantages of glass ceilings:
- Beautiful appearance. The mirror ceiling looks luxurious, and it fits perfectly with all styles.
- Variety of textures.
- glass or satin ceiling are environmentally friendly products.
- High moisture resistance. Ceilings from mirror can not deform under the influence of moisture and steam.
- Ease of installation. The design of the ceiling is primitive, so even a beginner can cope with the installation.
- Practicality. The glass or satin surface is easy to clean. In addition, mirror ceilings do not accumulate dust and harmful condensate.
Mirror ceilings take about 10-20 centimeters from the height of the bathroom. It is recommended to use glass and satin linens only if the height of the bathroom reaches 2.3-2.6 meters.
Disadvantages of mirrored ceilings:
- High cost. Satin and mirror canvases are more expensive than plasterboard or polyurethane tiles.
- Mirrored ceilings made of glass, easily crack.
- Satin cloths slightly distort light.
Install the glass ceiling
The frosted glass ceiling looks better than the satin finish, however, it costs a little more. To install this design you do not need to use a heat gun or other expensive equipment.
Before installation of the glass ceiling, the corner profile must be mounted. Initially, you need to drill in the product holes for dowels. You also need to install the hangers so that their bottom edge is on the same plane with angular profiles.
Further installation is carried out in the following order:
- Carry out wiring in the ceiling area.
- Cut glass tiles using a glass cutter. Do not forget to make holes for the lighting fixtures.
- Fasten the tiles to the frame. First panel section to be inserted into the profile, and then secured by means of dowels.
- Place the lighting fixtures. Remember that all appliances need to be hidden behind the glass tiles.
How to install a satin ceiling
Satin ceilings look no different from glass sheets. However, satin tiles are less durable and durable. To install the design you will need a heat gun.
Before starting the installation, it is necessary to apply markings on the ceiling and calculate the number of required materials. In order to accurately mark the ceiling, use a laser tape measure.
Satin ceiling technology:
- Set the start profile. Fix the product using the metal screws.
- Warm the room with a heat gun. Mount the canvas is necessary only after the temperature in the room reaches 40 degrees.
- Gently stretch the tension web.
- Then fix the film along the diagonal. To fix, use clips or clips. Then install the rest of the film with a spatula.
- Install the plugs. The tape needs to be inserted into the gap between the wall and the satin cloth.
Reviews for mirror ceilings
Reviews of mirror canvases are mostly positive. Many people argue that with the help of stretch glass or satin fabrics the bathroom has become visually larger and more beautiful.
Vitaliy, 38 years old: "About a year ago I installed a glass ceiling in the bathroom. The bathroom looked much better. In addition, mirrored ceilings helped to hide defects on the base surface. In general, I was satisfied with the result. "
However, there is a downside to the coin. Many testimonials indicate that the mirror ceilings of satin canvas look ugly, and easily deformed.
Helena, 29 years old: "Recently installed in the bathroom ceiling of satin. At first I liked the result. However, I noticed that the satin cloth distorts the light. I believe that it is better to use other materials to finish the ceiling in the bathroom, since ceilings look tasteless. "
Design of mirror ceiling in the bathroom( video)
Mirrored ceilings - a universal solution for bathroom finishing. To make a mirror surface, it is best to use glass sheets. They cost a little more, however, they look better and are more durable. Satin cloths are advisable to install only if you do not want to purchase expensive materials. However, note that for installing satin cloths you will need to use a heat gun.