unit is guaranteed. The lack of sufficient space in most apartments makes one wonder whether it is possible to put a refrigerator on the balcony in the winter. On the one hand, our grandparents sent the unit to the loggia or balcony without any problems, but on the other hand, this did not always have a positive effect on the working capacity of the refrigerator. In order to understand this issue, you need to first look at the operating instructions of the device.
- The expert's answer: how to choose a refrigerator( video)
Manufacturers' advice: can I put a refrigerator on the balcony in the winter
Almost any device underbnogo recommended type used at a temperature of from +16 to +32 degrees Celsius. In this case, there are models equipped with increased resistance to low temperatures. This indicates that such a refrigerator can withstand even +10 degrees.
. It is important to emphasize that the listed temperature ranges do not yet allow the unit to be installed on the balcony in winter.
From a legal point of view, storing the refrigerator on the balcony is a violation of the operating conditions. This gives the seller the opportunity to refuse further warranty service. Do not entertain yourself with the hope that a glazed loggia or balcony created a comfortable temperature regime. Depending on the climatic zone, both elevated and lower temperatures are noted.
Manufacturers distinguish the following reasons according to which the refrigerator on the balcony is strictly forbidden:
- Even a short exposure to low temperature causes the oil to solidify in the compressor. As soon as this happens, you will need a long and expensive repair.
- A sudden change in the humidity level does not have a good effect on the electrical wiring. In addition, the process of corrosion is accelerated. To a lesser extent, the thermal regulator of the device suffers.
- Direct exposure to sunlight causes the burnout of one side of the device. If it is a hot climate, then in this case the permissible temperature range is significantly increased.
- A balcony without glazing makes possible a long-term impact on the device of the vagaries of nature. As a result, the efficiency of the refrigeration unit is reduced. In addition, the level of pressure in the cooling line is gradually reduced. After 2 months, the compressor will fail.
Holders of refrigerators should be aware that storing them on the balcony, according to the recommendations of the manufacturer, is not recommended. Cold, high or low humidity, heat - all this leads to accelerated wear of individual elements. It is important to note that for several hours the refrigerator can be put on the balcony. This is done in the event that in the room you need to spend a short repair.
What is the operability of the refrigerator on the
balcony? Similarly, you can deal with the device when it is out of order. In this case, the refrigerator turns into an ordinary cabinet with a door. In doing so, it must be remembered that the cold room performance of the device is reduced. Simply put, even reliable, but the old refrigerator, having fulfilled its own, "freeze" will be worse.
Here, skeptics may object that in the cold, the freezer should work better, but in fact, All is not so unambiguous.
For a start, it's worth looking into the instruction manual. There is a minimum temperature threshold at which the device functions normally. If this threshold is not met, then the cold can and do not wait.
In order to better understand how justified to keep the refrigerator on the balcony or loggia, you need to consider the possible types of its device:
- No frost models - in models of this kind, the minimum temperature threshold of the freezer is adjusted manually. Depending on the chosen program, the freezer will start its work at t from -24 to -16 degrees.
- 1-compressor with one thermal regulator - to activate the freezer, the temperature "overboard" should not fall below +4 degrees Celsius.
- 1-compressor with independent temperature control is the most common architecture in existing refrigerators. The compressor is triggered at the moment when the temperature background reaches +4 degrees. If the temperature background on the balcony is less than the specified mark, the device simply does not turn off.
Before you place the refrigerator on the balcony, you need to study its specifications. Attention is drawn to the minimum temperature level required to turn on the freezer. Depending on the model, this indicator is in the range of -24 to +4 degrees. If the window is a harsh climate, then the idea of installing a refrigerator on the balcony should be abandoned. In extreme cases, a balcony or loggia must be glazed.
Storage of the refrigerator on the balcony in winter: permissible temperature
As it was said before, the permissible temperature range for each model is different. In this regard, you must carefully read the instruction manual. At the same time, there are a number of indicators that are universal for each model.
It is a question of a technically justified temperature at which the TV, refrigerator, vacuum cleaner or other type of household appliance copesWith their duties.
You can find out these values in the operating instructions already mentioned. You need to find a section on what can not be done with the device.
In particular, the following information is indicated there:
- The freezer should operate at its minimum power if it does not rise above -18 degrees within one week t;
- Operation of the freezer is forbidden if the temperature "overboard" is below the -28 degree mark on the Celsius scale;
- A similar prohibition applies if t is above +28 degrees.
The more the owner of the refrigerator knows about the permissible temperature background, the less it is necessary for him to apply for service.
Recommendations to the hostesses: is it possible to store jam on the balcony in winter
For decades, a sweet and nutritious product is stored on the balcony throughout the winter. At the same time, not many people know that not every jam can be sent there. As in the case of refrigerators, each product has its own allowable t range.
The following recommendations will help the mistresses avoid the common mistakes:
- Stay on the balcony with pear and strawberry jam;
- It is not allowed to store on the balcony cherry, plum, apple and peach jam.
Answer of the expert: how to choose a refrigerator( video)
Storage of a complicated technique on the balcony involves certain risks. For starters it is worth to familiarize with the instruction manual, which shows the minimum required temperature parameters for the operation of the freezer and the unit as a whole. After this, it is advisable to find out the average temperature index on the balcony. This is especially true if the window is a harsh climate and we are talking about a balcony without glass.