The scientific and technological development of the society could not come up with a more effective way of drying clothes than the clothesline on the balcony. You can meet them in new buildings and "old school" houses, which is due to common sense. It is much easier to leave the laundry for several hours on the balcony than to dry it with a bathroom or buy a separate unit. It is important to remember that not every rope will cope with the task.
- Selection of the material of the clothesline on the balcony
- Exterior design of the rope for drying clothes on the balcony
- Existing types of fasteners or how to hang the clothesline on the balcony
- Correctly hang the rope on the balcony
- How to attachLinen ropes on the balcony( video)
- Examples of clothesline on the balcony( photo)
Selection of the material of the clothesline on the balcony
In order to dry clothes passedEffectively, you need to carefully examine the potential piece of rope. It is a mistake to think that the only significant characteristic in this case is the strength of the material. Yes, this indicator is important, but it is not the only one. Quality linen ropes should not get dirty and absorb color, otherwise white fabrics will soon cease to be so.
Depending on the size of the balcony, the quantity and the predominant type of laundry, one of the following material types can be selected:
- Equipped with a sheathOf PVC metal wire - thread is durable and resistant to prolonged tension. In addition, environmentally friendly material for drying will appeal to those who care about nature.
- Ordinary twisted rope - a budget in all respects option, with a number of shortcomings. First, even a slight wetting is enough for an impressive sagging. Secondly, it is necessary to hang such a rope only if white fabrics are not placed on it. This is explained by the ability of its surface to actively absorb external pollution.
- Plastic ropes - they cost more, but this fact is due to a number of obvious advantages. First, the material withstands increased loads. Secondly, the buyer has the opportunity to hang a rope of the color that he likes.
- Traditional jute is characterized by wear resistance and the ability not to spoil laundry. In addition, the material is environmentally safe.
- Polypropylene - in addition to environmental safety, the rope from this material does not accumulate moisture and does not become electrified.
When choosing a rope for a balcony, you need to carefully study its characteristics. The main ones are strength, tensile strength, low degree of interaction with moisture. In addition, the rope should not accumulate the dust and color of those things that are dried on it.
Outer rope design for drying clothes on the balcony
The rope buyer should remember that it can be of two types. This is a material for indoor and outdoor use. The difference between them is at the level of the ability to withstand the long-term effects of vagaries on nature.
Fabric for external use is attached to the balcony or on an open loggia, which reduces the load on the available space.
Regardless of the type of room and the characteristics of the laundry, the balcony will require reliable brackets. The stronger the fastening, the lower the probability of falling clothes.
. The above recommendations will help you to achieve a good result:
- Secure from both sides of the balcony strong steel brackets;
- Buy in the store corners made of a similar material;
- It must be ensured that the corners are equipped with apertures that securely attach the clothesline;
- In order to simplify the process of hanging clothes, the profile with the corners should be placed not perpendicularly, but at an angle;
- It is not superfluous to install a spacer that does not allow the profile to deform.
For a small balcony, the outer fastening of the clotheslines is appropriate. In this case, you do not have to sacrifice the existing space. As the basis of the rope fixing system, metal corners and brackets are used. Installation of them is made at a small angle, which reduces the number of difficulties at the time of hanging and removing washed laundry.
Existing types of fasteners or how to hang a clothesline on the balcony
These are divided into factory and home-made. Opens a list of popular and inexpensive ways to equip the balcony with fasteners 2 metal corners, screwed into opposite corners of the wall.
With the help of an electric or hand tool, it is necessary to make holes in them, where to fix the rope. In addition to this option, there is one more, suitable for regions with a temperate climate.
Instead of metal corners, wooden beams with built-in hooks are taken. The bars are fixed in opposite corners of the room. The greatest difficulty is to pull the rope as tight as possible.
Regardless of which type of fastening is selected, some precautions should be taken into account:
- Before buying, Made of stainless steel;
- Factory fasteners are always supplied with an indication of the maximum permissible load;
- Unlike self-made ones, factory fasteners for ropes are more popular due to the presence of necessary elements, executed with the greatest accuracy;
- The height of the accommodation is chosen so that it is convenient to get to the laundry.
Existing fixings for the balcony are divided into factory and homemade. The first option is more preferable due to the accuracy with which it is made, and the second is the ability to adapt to existing conditions.
We correctly hang the rope on the balcony
The work begins with the choice of the frame and the type of fabric, after which you can pick up the tool. It is necessary to adjust the rope length in advance so that it does not sag even when the peak loads are reached.
If it comes to self-made fixtures, then in this case you need to tie the cable in advance. The next stage is the installation of the structure on a concrete or wooden base.
It is useful for beginners to know that the choice of tool for work is carried out taking into account the basis, and not the design of the dryer.
. For work it is necessary to have the following at hand:
- Pencil simple;
- Multiple dowels;
- Rotary hammer;
- Construction level;
- Hammer;Screwdriver, figured.
How to attach the clothesline to the balcony( video)
After the ceiling has been pre-marked, the bracket mounts. This is done with a drill, creating grooves at a height of up to 150 cm from the floor. At this point, the bracket and the roller mechanism are attached. The base is fixed on the ceiling and the final adjustment of the degree of tension of the ropes for drying the laundry takes place.