Balcony and balcony in the apartment - this is an additional square meter, which is in almost every apartment. Most people use them to store tools or workpieces. However, recently there has been a steady increase in the tendency to re-register this room in a living room. The balconies, which formerly played the role of a cluttered pantry, have now become amazing and functional kitchens, bedrooms or children's. And to achieve this result helps the furniture, which is properly selected for the dimensions of the room.
- Furniture for the balcony and the loggia: the selection rules
- We make the sofa on the balcony with our own hands
- How to choose a soft armchair for the balcony
- We make by ourselves the chest of drawers on the balcony: materials and tools
- Selection of furnitureFor the balcony( video)
- Design of furniture for the balcony and loggia( photo ideas)
Furniture for the balcony and the loggia: the selection rules
Furniture for the balcony should have an external attractiveness, compactness, andThe same functionality. To make it really a living room, you need to carefully think everything over and use the right space correctly. However, you should not forget that you need to keep free meters.
Here are 4 rules to consider when choosing furniture for a balcony:
- The most important thing in choosing furniture is the glazing. If there is none, then the humidity level is increased, which means that the furniture should be made of plastic or metal. You can also buy furniture of a folding type, which is removed in the moments of cloudy weather.
- Dimensions of the area. This is also an important point for choosing furniture. Given the fact that the area in the main cases is small, the furniture should be as functional as possible and not clutter up the area.
- Selecting furniture, you need to take into account the fact that during installation, it was able to enter the doorway. For example, the ideal option is to install a folding table and chairs, which after use can return to their original position.
- If the balcony is insulated, and you want to organize an additional room here, take care of keeping furniture from sunlight, as it can quickly burn out in the sun.
All these items will help you to choose the furniture and not make a mistake with the purchase.
Make a sofa on the balcony with your own hands
You can make a sofa on the balcony with your own hands, nor should it look perfect. Organize everything you can using improvised means. You can use boxes, boards or boxes. After they are trimmed with fabrics or a coverlet you can get a magnificent sofa, as well as functional furniture.
In order to make a sofa for a balcony with your own hands you will need:
- Doors for framing;
- For manufacture of a back - plywood;
- Hammer, pliers, mounting glue and stapler for furniture;
- Fixing material, screws or nails;
- Upholstery material.
In order to protect the sofa from rotting or insect attacks, the entire surface will need to be treated with a special primer and antiseptic. As for the appearance, in order for it to become better, you can use the paint. And attach a filler and fabric will help furniture stapler.
It's very easy to create a sofa on the balcony with your own hands. The main thing to approach this matter thoroughly, and in a few hours you can enjoy your work. And maybe you can create a sofa bed, who knows?
How to choose a soft chair for a balcony
It is commonly believed that an armchair is a bulky and oversized piece of furniture, but there are also options that can be as good as possible.
How to choose this product correctly, because there is a huge choice. This can be a folding, folding, wicker or soft construction.
The first thing you need to know is that such furniture is installed only on those balconies that are insulated, because their upholstery and skeletons are not designed to be in the open air.
The second is the correct model. Take into account all the details, and most importantly - the dimensions. Of course, you can choose massive structures, the most important thing is that they do not interfere with the movement.
It's great if you can put a small table next to the chair. This option will look very stylish.
It will look nice soft chair, mounted on a metal frame. They do not look too massive, nor do they take up much space.
The most popular type are arm-chairs, they deserve special attention. Their popularity is explained by the fact that during the day they can be used in the usual way, and if necessary, they can always be repaired. This option makes it possible to get an extra bed without occupying the necessary square meters. Such an armchair can help out, if visitors come unexpectedly to you. However, it should be noted that if the chair is placed on the width of the balcony, it is best to choose a model without armrests. This will help maximize the use of free space. Ikea furniture store is able to provide a huge assortment of such chairs. Their photos you can see in the catalog of the store.
We make by ourselves the chest of drawers on the balcony: materials and tools
Chest of drawers, it is an ideal furniture for storing things, it can be both external and built-in. Most often, in order to make a chest of drawers on a balcony, use the popular material of the chipboard. It not only gives the products a good look and practicality. The material is affordable, and the color palette will not leave anyone indifferent.
Another suitable material may be OSB.These plates, which are manufactured with modern technology, they are strong and resistant to various external influences.
OSB slabs are ideal if the balcony is not glazed or is not heated.
Do not forget that the end of each of the plates must be closed. For this, an edge made of melamine or plastic is used. This will help not only to improve the appearance of your chest, but also protect tenants from the influence of harmful components in the composition of slabs.
In addition to the materials mentioned above, Eurosticks, corners, straps, fasteners, as well as various accessories such as handles for boxes, may be required.
Selection of furniture for the balcony( video)
What can I say about the furniture for the balcony?In modern apartments, this has become an integral part of the whole situation. Due to the right approach and purchase, furniture is able not only to create a unique design, but also to provide a small space with functionality. In addition, it is furniture that can create a comfortable setting for evenings in a cozy atmosphere.