The stretch ceiling has become literally an attribute of the decoration of the modern ceiling surface. Beautiful, practical, not requiring additional finishing - what else is needed?In order to make the buyer more easily oriented in the product range, it will be reasonable to describe the types of ceilings, the materials used and the methods of attaching the fabric.
- Types of stretch ceilings
- Tension ceilings: what materials are available for the width of the canvas
- Mounting options for tension ceilings: hot installation, cold installation
- Types of tension ceilings: harpoon and hornless,
- What type of suspended ceiling to choose( video)
- Types of stretch ceilings( photo)
Types of stretch ceilings
The main criterion of choice is usually the type of clothsand, that is, the ceiling itself is made of a material.
Fabrics are of two types:
They are made of PVC film, and they are mounted traditionally by the method of heat shrinkage, that is, the repaired room is first heated and then cooled. This is the most popular type of stretch ceilings - multivariate design, various textures. The ceiling can be glossy, matte, satin, mirror, suede, and all this is a film. Otherwise, such ceilings are called French.
The basis of such a canvas is a woven canvas, which is coated with a special compound in the process of production so that the material finds the necessary features( physical properties).This canvas is more resistant than film, temperature differences, it, unlike the competitor, is not afraid.
Choose any of the materials given the information on the operation of the ceiling.
Stretch ceilings: what are the materials by the width of the canvas
To date, the buyer sees two types of designs - suture and seamless type. Previously, only fabric fabrics could be seamless, since in principle there were rolls of great width. And film cloths were usually welded together with one and a half-meter rolls.
But now, thanks to Asian manufacturers, they offer film cloths in wide rolls, which means that the installation of such fabrics can be without visible seams.
Stretch ceilings can be:
- Suture type. These are ceilings made of PVC film, by the method of attachment - harpoon and bezarpunnye. Harpoons, in turn, can be spatulas and gapless.
- Seamless type. These are ceilings made of polyester with polyurethane coating. Method of attachment is hornless.
The minus of the web with the seam is not even in the visibility of the seam( sometimes it is literally invisible), but inRisk to disperse at the seam. And although this happens rarely, theoretically it can be, especially in the case of factory marriage.
Variants of installation of tension ceilings: hot installation, cold installation
Cold installation can be mounted all the fabric ceilings. The mounting technique is similar to the process of drawing an art canvas on a frame. Baguette in the canvas is filled manually, the room temperature is at room temperature.
It is necessary to install the web according to the measured dimensions.
With hot mounting all film ceilings are installed. For this purpose, special equipment is used, most often a gas installation.
Installation of tension ceilings step by step
The installation itself looks like this:
- A cannon( and this is a gas installation), the canvas suspended from the ceiling surface is heated to high temperatures to make it very plastic;
- The canvas is stretched to the size of the room, after which it is fixed under the ceiling base around the perimeter;
- After cooling, the film web is stretched, and you can see its final appearance.
Specifications fabric does not involve trial and error, because ifExperience of tension of ceilings at you, and the theory is not clear to the full, nevertheless it is better to use the help of specialists.
Types of fastening of stretch ceilings: harpoon and bezarpunny, glazing bead
Harp harness used exclusively for PVC film. Harpoon is such a constructive element that is welded along the entire perimeter to the canvas. The principle of the harpoon is applicable in this method, which led to the name. Harpoon directly keeps the canvas in the mount.
next type of fastening - clip-on:
- Use it to set the ceiling structures clips and Deskor. The principle of the latch works. The tissue base does not make fixing difficult. A plastic baguette is needed for this type of fasteners.
- For clip-type fasteners, the closure of technological gaps is not typical, because there is simply no such latch at this latch.
- Seamless fabric ceilings are mounted only by clip-on method, because the fabric does not stretch as much as the film, because this method is optimal.
Shtapikovy mounting method:
- Firstly, cheaper harpoon. As a fixing baguette is used a U-shaped profile of aluminum.
- A wooden or plastic glazing bead acts as a wedge, which clamps the canvas properly.
- At the same time, a technological gap is formed, approximately 10-12 mm, which will be closed with either a ceiling skirting board or some decorative cover.
This method is mainly used for attaching film webs. Whichever method you use, use the detailed instruction that is offered.
How to choose the suspended ceiling( video)
Stretch ceilings can decorate the room any form, the main role in the decor takes on the construction design. But the material itself, the method of attachment, the width of the canvas is also important.