Many people prefer to pipe in a bath through a roof. This design is the most reliable and durable. To produce a chimney, you can use various materials. For example, you can use sandwich pipes or build a chimney made of bricks. Before installing the construction, you need to make a hole that is suitable for the diameter and waterproof the chimney.
- pipe in the bath through the ceiling and roof: types of chimneys and design features
- Sandwich-pipe in the ceiling bath
- How to make a brick pipe in a bath through a wooden ceiling
- Trimming a pipe on a low ceilingBaths: rules and regulations
- How to properly remove the pipe from a bath through a high ceiling
- Install a pipe in a bath through the ceiling( video)
- Pipe outlet in a bath through the ceiling( photo)
Pipe in a bath through the ceilingAnd the roof: types of chimneys and design features
If you decide to install a pipe on the ceiling with your own hands, you need to find the right chimney design. The pipe can be external or internal. The outer chimney is less flammable and easy to install. The internal location of the chimney allows you to conserve more heat.
When choosing a pipe, it is necessary to take into account a number of nuances:
- The pipe must be made of galvanized metal, ceramic or brick. Do not use aluminum pipes.
- Make insulation for pipes best of non-flammable materials. Excellent keramzit or stone wool.
- Only thermally insulating materials should be used exclusively foil materials. The best is aluminum foil.
- If you use a sandwich tube, then it needs to be filled with basalt wool.
Before installing the pipe, mark the surface of the ceiling. Remember that the chimney must not touch the roofing materials, as it can damage them. In order to avoid damaging the roofing materials, you need to install a metal casing.
Sandwich-tube in the sauna in the ceiling
If you are a beginner, it is better to install a "sandwich" pipe in the ceiling. It is easy enough to mount, and it is fireproof. Sandwich-pipes are usually made of several metal layers, between which is installed some fire-resistant composition. The
Is going to be a sandwich-pipe quite easily. Assembly begins with the attachment of the product to the branch pipe. To fix, you need to use the starting cone. One end of the starting cone is put on the pipe, and the other is mounted on the straight section of the chimney.
The sandwich tube is dismantled in this order:
- Install the unit on the roof. It is needed for tight fixation of the pipe.
- Make a hole in the ceiling. Remember that its diameter should be 15 centimeters larger than the diameter of the sandwich tube.
- The space between the larger diameter pipes and the sandwich tube is filled with sand or expanded clay.
- If you do not want to use a larger diameter pipe, you need to install a box through which the sandwich tube will pass. Free space in the box must also be filled with expanded clay, sand or basalt wool.
How to make a brick pipe in a bath through a wooden ceiling
A chimney made of bricks is the most reliable design. Before you begin to install the structure, you need to design a chimney. During the design, you should pay attention to the features of the stove, which is installed in the bath. Also take into account that it is not practical to install a massive brick chimney in small baths.
It is best to collect the chimney on the ground, since it will be extremely difficult to make it on the roof. To raise the chimney on the roof, you can use hinges, ramp or stretch marks. As a fixing material for the chimney, it is necessary to use clamps.
Technology for installing the chimney on the roof:
- Make a hole under the pipe. Diameter under the passage should be 20 centimeters greater than the diameter of the pipe itself.
- Then you need to remove the product through the roof.
- Insulate the pipe with a metal sheet.
- Seal the construction by placing the edge of the sheet under the roof.
- Attach a metal umbrella to the chimney. It protects the structure from moisture.
- Apply a heat-resistant paint to the chimney. It will protect the metal parts of the structure from corrosion.
Trimming a pipe in a low ceiling sauna: rules and regulations
If you decide to remove the pipe yourself, you need to adhere to a number of rules, regulated in SNiP.First of all, you need to take care of installing a special access node. From the outer surface of the pipe to the laths and rafters, there should be a distance of 130-150 millimeters. If you use ceramic pipes without insulating materials, the distance between the chimney and the rafters must be at least 260-270 millimeters.
. When selecting the pass-through units, please note that only products made of metal should be used. A stainless steel plate must also be installed on the pass-through assembly. The penetrations for the pipe must also be made exclusively of stainless steel.
When deconstructing a pipe, it is also necessary to take into account a number of nuances:
- In places where overlaps intersect, joints should not be present. Take into account this nuance during the design of sections.
- Use non-combustible materials or factory sandwiches to insulate the pipe.
- It is strictly forbidden to mount the pipe to the ceiling, as the chimney material can expand under the influence of high temperature.
How to properly remove the pipe from the bath through the high ceiling
To properly install the structure, you need to prepare holes for the chimney. It is recommended to coat them with metal sheets. The thickness of the sheet should be at least 0.5 millimeters. The holes must be square.
It is very important to properly assemble the protective box. To build the adapter, you need to use 4 metal sheets in the size of 50 * 50 centimeters. In the middle of one of the sheets, it is necessary to cut a hole under the pipe. Metal sheets are joined together by welding.
The subsequent installation is performed in the following order:
- Insulate the box with basalt and coat it with metal foil.
- Install the first pipe segment. It needs to be attached to the stove using metal fasteners.
- Then install the second link.
- Fill the box with expanded clay.
- Secure the following segments.
- After you have assembled the pipe, install a metal umbrella.
Installation of a pipe in a bath through the ceiling( video)
It is not difficult to pass a pipe through the ceiling. The main thing is to choose suitable insulating materials and install the box correctly. Use only non-combustible materials to assemble the structure. At the design design stage, consider all the nuances of the furnace and roof. Remember that the chimney must be insulated with a casing. Otherwise, the roofing materials may ignite.