What kind of lighting is installed in a low room?As lighting, you can use a variety of lamps and chandeliers. Each of them has a number of its advantages and advantages. When choosing a luminaire for low ceilings, be guided by your own preferences and the design of the room. Also, you need to consider the length and width of the room where you want to install lighting.
- Halogen lamps for low modern ceilings
- Lighting in a room with low ceilings with LED lamps
- Selecting flat ceiling lamps for low ceilings
- Ceiling lighting with LED strip
- Ceiling lighting with LED strip( video)
- Ceiling luminaires for low ceilings( photo)
Halogen lamps for low modern ceilings
For bedroom lightingOr low rooms use ceiling halogen lamps. The data of the light source are quite practical, since they have small dimensions. In addition, the light output of such lamps is 1.5-2 times greater than that of incandescent lamps.
If you want to install halogen lamps in a humid room, use only low-voltage products. They are more durable and wear-resistant.
Advantages of halogen lamps:
- Low voltage when switched on.
- Security. Halogen lamps do not flicker when working, so they are absolutely safe for the eyes. In addition, these products do not contain mercury, so they can be used even for children's lighting.
- Small dimensions. Due to its small size, halogen lamps can be installed even in tensioning fabrics. However, in this case you will need to install a specialized thermo ring, as these products are very hot when working.
- Halogen lamps give uniform light.
Lighting in a room with low ceilings with LED lamps
In most cases, LED lamps are used to illuminate low ceilings. These products are more durable than halogen lamps. In addition, LED lamps do not heat up during operation, so they can be installed even in tension PVC sheets.
LED spotlights are the most economical light source. Such lamps consume about 2-3 times less energy than halogen lamps or ordinary incandescent lamps.
Advantages of LED lighting:
- No brittle elements in the bulb. This is why LED lighting fixtures are not deformed under the influence of vibrations or mechanical damages.
- Durability. LED lamps are recommended to be replaced every 10-12 years.
- Reliability. Spot lights with LED lamps do not burn out, do not emit harmful fumes and do not create flicker during operation. In addition, these devices can operate at temperatures from -60 to +50 degrees.
- Compactness. LED lighting fixtures do not need massive mortars, so they are often installed in low rooms.
- Instant start. Unlike fluorescent lamps, LED lights do not flicker before turning on.
Selecting flat ceiling lamps for low ceilings
If the room is small in size and has a low ceiling, then as a lighting source it is best to use flat chandeliers or raster lights. Such devices perfectly match with any design, and do not take up much space. In flat chandeliers or raster lamps, halogen, fluorescent or LED light bulbs can be installed.
When choosing a flat chandelier, consider a number of nuances:
- It is advisable to use a chandelier in which the lamps will be located inside the plafond. Such products are more reliable, and will not pollute the ceiling.
- In a flat chandelier, it is best to install an energy-saving or LED lamp.
- When choosing a chandelier, pay attention to its shape. When using a flat chandelier for a low ceiling, it is better to give preference to products with a round or oval configuration.
If you want to choose a budget option, it's best to purchase overhead plafonds. They are not only cheap, but they also have a separation platform, which facilitates the rapid cooling of the product.
Ceiling lighting with LED strip
LED stripes are often used to illuminate low ceilings. They occupy very little space and have an attractive appearance. In addition, the LED strip is flexible, so it can be installed even on a curved ceiling.
The LED strip also includes:
- Cost-effectiveness. LED strip consumes less energy than halogen or energy-saving lamps.
- Ease of installation. For attaching the LED tape, you do not need to build a special frame. This light source is fixed around the perimeter of the ceiling with the help of an adhesive tape.
- Variety of colors.
- Low cost.
- Long service life.
It is advisable to use special controllers when using an LED strip. With their help you can adjust the brightness and color of the tape. Remember that it is strictly forbidden to use a controller and LED tape with a high density.
LED ceiling lighting with LED strip( video)
Various light sources can be used for low ceiling lighting. If you are looking for inexpensive light sources for small rooms, it's best to use an LED strip. When using it, you do not need to make holes in the ceiling and install a mortgage. If your budget is unlimited, then the best choice - flat chandeliers and LED spotlights. Halogen lamps can be used only if you install a special thermo-ring.