The heat loss of the building in winter is about 15%, so the question is how to insulate and what to insulate should always be serious. And there are enough nuances in this matter.
- How to insulate the ceiling in a private house: materials
- How to insulate the ceiling in a private house
- How to insulate a ceiling in a private house: step-by-step action scheme
- Insulation of a ceiling in a private house outside
- External insulationWith insulation foam
- Insulation of the ceiling in a house with a cold roof: eco-wool
- How to insulate the ceiling of the house with your own hands( video)
Than insulate the ceiling in a private house: materials
If you have taken this work yourself, especially carefully choose a heater. To insulate the ceiling from the inside, virtually any mixture, and in addition, all kinds of tiled and polymeric materials. And to them, in turn, include expanded polystyrene, mineral wool and foam foam.
Works from the outside can be carried out using the following materials:
- Expanded clay. This is a clay-based material that is considered highly fire resistant. Reminiscent of gravel. It has good heat and noise insulation. Thermal insulation of the ceiling with claydite will not only protect the private house from heat loss - rodents will not be found in expanded clay.
- Polyfoam. And this material is resistant to microorganisms, heat saving is excellent. Of the minuses - polystyrene, unfortunately, flammable.
- Ecowool - is a cellulose lightweight insulation, safe for human health. Very often they are insulated with a ceiling in a wooden building, both old and new. Suitable for the insulation of the ceiling of a residential house and a production room.
- Mineral wool. If you have chosen to warm it up, prepare yourself as best you can to work. Respirators and safety goggles are required. The wooden house is used less often, since it is more suitable for a concrete ceiling.
Well, the actual insulation can take place in two ways.
Ways to insulate the ceiling in a private house
You can insulate the ceiling surface indoors, or in the attic, that is, from the outside. The ceiling insulated inside may be so only if the ceiling height allows this procedure.
As the process consists of:
- Laying of the vapor barrier and waterproofing layer;
- Layers of insulation layer;
- GKL or cladding board coverings.
All this "sandwich" can take from 15 to 40-45 cm of the height of the room. Experts also advise to make internal insulation, if the attic is used as a warehouse. And also in the event that the attic carried out communications systems. These can be air outlets and electrical cables.
To insulate inside and requirements more, the work must be done carefully and neatly.
How to insulate the ceiling in a private house: the step-by-step action scheme
To properly and effectively insulate the ceiling, you need to know the main points of this process.
Ceiling insulation scheme in the house:
- The first stage. A frame is made from uneven bars or metal profiles. On the carcass base, the ceiling is subsequently lined with plasterboard or lining.
- The second stage. Create a vapor barrier layer. The parchment is cut according to the size of the cells with the addition of 5 cm, with wooden slats it is fixed to the guides or beams.
- The third stage. Laying of the insulation layer. Let's say it's a mineral wool or a styrofoam. Styrofoam is easy to stack, because during the work you adjust the number of layers. In the cells of the crate, the styrofoam is inserted as tightly as possible, but try not to break it - it's not enough, the material is fragile in this sense.
- Fourth stage. You seal the insulation with a pergamous layer and fix the paneling. Fifth stage.
- . The ceiling is waiting for finish and finish.
There are insufficiencies in the insulation of the ceiling inside the premises. In this ceiling can not be built fixtures. This is explained by the fact that in the process of working, the lamps will heat up quite strongly, and the layer of thermal insulation will not allow this heat to escape. So the lamps in the lamps will quickly deteriorate.
Insulation of the ceiling in a private house outside
And here there are also several ways of insulation - foam, mineral wool, foam insulation. First, of course, bring the attic in order. Remove everything from it so that only the beams and the ceiling remain.
The attic is well ventilated, therefore reconsider the ventilation system, if necessary, seal the slots so that the thermal insulation layer does not get wet and leaveThus out of order.
If you use foamed plastic for insulation:
- Put a layer of pergamma between the beams, the opening will be 5 cm for fixing to the beams, to which it is attached with a special strip;
- Then, very firmly put the foam;
- Foam fill the gap between the beams and the foam itself;
- Another pergamous layer is laid on top of the foam;
- On top lay one or two layers of mineral wool.
Minvat lay flat with all the beams overlap. The principle of laying out - brickwork.
External insulation with penoizol
This method has its own nuances, that's why it will be difficult to deal with one's own forces, usually they turn to specialists. Since special equipment is required for work.
Penoizol is a powdered insulation that the special machine blows into inter-beam space. This method is complex, as it is necessary to ensure sealing, so that the insulation does not get into the living space.
Usually this kind of work is trusted by specialists or those who have already had experience of such warming.
What should be a heater
There are not many requirements for it, but they are quite serious. Firstly, the insulation must be fire-resistant. That is, it is very difficult to ignite or not to ignite at all. According to the security rules, he must restrain the fire 25 minutes( the norm for a private house).
If your ceiling is a reinforced concrete slab, you do not need to seal the ceiling. Well, the ceiling on wooden beams needs a vapor barrier layer.
Docking places of thermal insulation and load-bearing external walls are subject to the warmest insulation. To insulate these places, the outer wall is embedded with a heat-insulating layer, the width of which is not less than half a meter.
Types of insulation for the ceiling( video)
Insulation of the ceiling in a house with a cold roof: ecowool
This insulation is not as popular as mineral wool, but this circumstance is obviously temporary.
Consists of ecowool from fine cellulose fibers, it can be laid both wet and dry.
Ways to lay ecowools:
- Dry method means spillage, accurate distribution and tampering of the insulation between the beams.
- Wet method involves the use of special equipment, where the fibers are mixed with the adhesive composition, then the moist ecowool is fed through a special pipe under pressure, and so is distributed over the surface.
Ecowool can be laid with any layer, even in a compacted form it will have a light weight. Its airiness just provides a reliable insulation of the ceiling. This insulation prevents molds and other microorganisms from forming.
In production, this material is treated with fire retardants, because it is a low-flammable material, besides self-extinguishing. Ecowool forms a sealed, seamless coating, because this insulation protects well from heat and cold.
Since cellulose wool is a breathable material, moisture will not be retained in it.
How to insulate the ceiling of the house with your own hands( video)
And in the foam block ceiling, both in reinforced concrete and in wood, there are no such properties to give up insulation. Get quality modern materials, fireproof and environmentally friendly.