Mainly in private houses on several floors, stairs from the basement to the floor and interstore stairs make of such material as concrete. It is quite stable, well tolerates frequent exploitation. Also, ladders made of concrete can be installed not only indoors, but also outside the house.
- Concrete staircases in private houses: advantages and disadvantages
- Reinforced concrete staircase in a private house: popular variants
- Concrete stairs in private houses: manufacturing and self-assembly
- Finishing of a concrete staircase in a privateHouse: popular types of plating
- Than to trim a concrete staircase in a house is practical and inexpensive
- How to make a concrete staircase to the second floor( video)
- Concrete stairs to the second floor( photoreamers)
Concrete stairs in private homes: the advantages and disadvantages
In the manufacture of concrete stairs can not compete either metal or wood, or a combination thereof. The concrete staircase to the second floor looks perfectly like in a country cottage, there and in a house for permanent residence. Such stairs will be enjoyed by those who appreciate, above all, the convenience and durability.
Like all architectural designs, concrete staircases have their pros and cons.
Advantages of concrete ladders:
- Not afraid of fire and water. Concrete stairs do not heat up( in contrast to metallic ones) and do not soak when water hits it.
- Durable and reliable. Withstand a lot of weight, you can carry heavy furniture, not afraid to damage the steps.
- No special maintenance required. Perhaps in time it will only be necessary to repair the finish, but the staircase itself will last for a long time, like the house itself.
- Durability in operation.
- Do not creak. Concrete stairs do not loosen, and even after tens of years of use you will not hear creaking steps.
- Not afraid of temperature changes.
- Have many variations of the decor. Finishing can be absolutely any - from marble, wood, wrought iron, glass or ceramics.
Despite numerous advantages, the staircases of concrete have minor drawbacks.
Drawbacks of concrete stairs:
- The cost of concrete structures exceeds the price for the manufacture of stairs from other materials.
- Additional decor and decoration - additional costs, which are not everyone can afford.
- Appearance that can clutter the overall design. You can try to fix the finish.
- A laborious process of installing a ladder. It is necessary to establish a foundation and further work is also done with certain interruptions.
Reinforced concrete staircase in a private house: popular variants of the
One of the main elements in the house is the staircase that connects the floors with each other. Its main characteristics are reliability, safety and convenience in operation. Based on the size of the room, the stairs are of different shapes.
Types of stairs to the second floor:
- Straight staircase. Such a single-ladder ladder can be built in a small and not very high room.
- The L-shaped ladder connects two floors. It is well suited for spacious square halls, placed almost closely to two adjacent walls at an angle of 90 degrees. Between the stairs there may be a small area or pivoting steps.
- The U-shaped flight ladder is used mainly in hotels or very large country cottages. Stair spans are at an angle of 180 degrees and are interconnected by a platform.
- The curved spiral staircase of the takes up little space. This is an ideal solution for small spaces, as the footprint of the staircase is about 1.5 sq.m. The staircase, in which the steps are arranged in a spiral, are very beautiful and decorate any interior. However, these ladders are considered less secure and slightly uncomfortable.
When choosing a concrete staircase on the 2nd floor, you need to consider the overall design of the room, its area and other features. It is important that the staircase harmoniously fit into the interior and looked stylish and beautiful.
Concrete staircases in private houses: production and installation by own hands
You can create stairs yourself if you have an idea of how this process is going on. The concrete staircase is made directly on the object under construction, at the very beginning of the construction. This will provide an easy upgrade to the 2nd floor, because in construction you will have to carry heavy bags, building materials, and then furniture. The concrete staircase can withstand any load without problems.
The concrete ladder construction project includes:
- Calculation of the height and width of the steps. On average, specialists make ladders 85 cm wide, the height of the steps is not more than 17 cm.
- The angle of the ladder should be between 25 and 45 degrees.
- Determine with the type of stairs - screw or march.
- Do not forget the railing when making it. They can be installed after the construction is completed, but in terms of their availability.
After all the drawings and preliminary calculations, you can proceed directly to making the stairs to the 2nd floor.
Stages of manufacturing of a concrete ladder:
- We build a strong formwork with the help of moisture-proof plywood and strong flat boards. This formwork will become the basis for concrete steps.
- It is desirable to install a reinforcing cage throughout the formwork, which will additionally be a protection when pouring concrete on the stage.
- Having strengthened the structure, it is necessary to prepare wooden beams or metal rods on which this ladder will rest.
- After the base of the future staircase is ready, you can pour the steps with concrete.
- Fill carefully, evenly each step.
- After the solution has dried, it is possible to remove the formwork. Part of the formwork - side and step crossbars are removed after a week, the support boards can be removed in about 3 weeks, when the construction finally dries.
Depending on the type and size of the ladder, its weight can be from 1.5 to 2.5 tons. Therefore, it is very important to build a strong and reliable construction in order to avoid breakdowns in the future.
Finishing a concrete staircase in a private house: popular types of plating
The mortar of concrete is dry and the ladder is ready for use, but its appearance is considered incomplete, so it needs finishing. Unlike street concrete staircases, which have the right to exist and without any decor, each owner wants the internal staircases to be chic.
To date, such a covering of concrete steps is popular:
- Marble tiles;
- Porcelain tiles;
- Carpet cover.
All facing materials are laid only on a flat surface, therefore before facing it is necessary to achieve ideal steps.
It is important to consider the finishing of the floors on the floors when facing the staircase. The tile does not combine with wood, as does the laminate with carpet.
When finishing the steps, it is necessary to take into account the manufacture of staircases. The modern market of building materials provides a rather large selection of railings for stairs made of concrete. Made of wrought iron or wood, glass or aluminum, they will bring a note of individuality and diversify the boring appearance of the staircase.
Than to finish a concrete ladder in the house is practical and inexpensive
The cheapest registration of a concrete ladder - painting. Such a staircase looks strictly, the steps will remain cold and any knock will be heard. Typically, this kind of lining is used very rarely.
The most popular type of skin is a tree. It not only has an attractive appearance, but has the ability to keep warm in winter and cool in summer. Shops provide a huge selection of flowers and tree species for every taste and purse.
The soft carpet is also a material that is available to many. It is soft, holds heat, has anti-slip and anti-noise characteristics. Carpets made of artificial fibers serve for a long time, do not lose color and do not wipe.
When selecting the finishes it is very important to give preference to the facing material that fits the style of the house, it harmonizes with the interior and is to the liking of the owners of the house.
How to make a concrete staircase to the second floor( video)
Having plans to build a multi-storey country house, remember that a properly installed concrete staircase can last for many years. Quality materials for steps, installation of fences and upholstery will make it durable, safe and reliable.