The ladder from the profile pipe( not round) is distinguished by its durability and good wear resistance. In contrast to the wooden ladder, the metal is more solid, although it can be heavier. By themselves profile pipes are already heavy, so for the weight of the ladder you need to follow the course of work and try not to weight, but rather reduce its weight. You can do this using the tips that can be found in this article.
- Reliable ladder from the profile pipe with your own hands: preparation
- Assembly of the ladder from the profile pipe: drawing and the necessary tools
- We prepare the frame of the ladder from the profile pipe: tips
- How to weld the ladder from the profile pipe:Further finishing
- Staircase to the second floor of the profile pipe: advantages and disadvantages
- How to install the staircase from the profile pipe with your own hand( video)
- Reliable ladder from the profile pipeAsd design
Reliable ladder from the profile pipe with your own hands: preparing
Before starting to work, it is necessary to make measurements on which the ladder will be built in the future.
What you need to know before work:
- Dimensions of the stairwell;
- Calculation of the required amount of material;
- Turn the ladder;
- Number of stages.
A staircase is a free space in the overlap between the first and second floor. The very first thing to do is to calculate the dimensions of this opening.
The amount of material is determined after all the measurements, based on the already drawn up drawing.
Turning the ladder is necessary when the dimensions or other features of the room do not allow you to put the ladder straight, without bends at an angle.
It is also important to determine the number of steps on a future ladder. It is convenient to do this, knowing that one step should be about 30 centimeters in length, in width from 90 to 125, and a comfortable distance for people between steps is 15 centimeters. In special cases, the width of the step can be up to 180 centimeters, but for such huge stairs additional fixing will be required.
Also, when calculating, remember that the average human step is 60 to 64 centimeters.
Installation of ladder from profile pipe: drawing and necessary tools
Without a good drawing you can not make a quality ladder. If you have never dealt with schemes before, it's best to seek professional help.
What is taken into account in drawing up the drawing:
- Size of the stairwell;
- Turn, width and height of the ladder;
- Number of steps.
You can also add the future artistic finish of the staircase here, if you plan to slightly embellish it.
After you have done the drawing and bought all the materials, you need to prepare all the necessary tools that will be needed in the process.
Tools that will be useful for creating stairs:
- Welding and electrodes to it;
- Saw-bolgar and disks for working with metal;
- Rotary drill, drill bit;
In order to avoid tangling in a lot of different parts in the process of creating a ladder, we advise you to number them.
We prepare the frame of the ladder from the profile pipe: tips
The frame is the foundation of the future ladder, so it is necessary to think it through to the end, and then weld it qualitatively.
Remember that in the manufacture of the frame in any case, you will need welding. So, and the ability to handle it. If these skills you do not have - then you will have to resort to the wizard for welding.
The frame base is usually a pipe with a diameter of about 60 millimeters.
Staging of the frame:
- Calculate the number of steps, their height and width;
- Start the installation of the profile pipe. It will be fixed on wall anchors, which must first be installed. In addition, the ladder needs to be fastened on the other side, with the help of the bookmarks.
- Weld the corners to the pipe. Make sure that their measurements are exactly the same as those specified in the drawing, otherwise the end result will turn out to be of poor quality, and the ladder will be curve and unsafe.
- If necessary, a handrail can also be installed by the end of the work.
How to weld the ladder from the profile pipe: further finishing
After you have finished making the frame of the ladder you need to move on to its further finish.
What you need to do after installing the frame:
- Produce steps;
- Install the handrail;
- If necessary, decorate the ladder.
Note that a ladder made of a profile pipe is itself a heavy construction. Therefore, you can lighten the weight a little by making steps not from heavy metal, but from light wood.
With proper approach, the combination of a metal frame and wooden steps will create an additional effect of high cost.
The railing can also be made of wood, but do not forget that the tree should be of high quality. As a rule, in the manufacture of stairs use the breeds of oak, beech or ash.
You can decorate the ladder already at the final stage. For example, if you chose the option with wooden handrails, then you can resort to artistic carving or burning.
The ladder to the second floor of the profile pipe: advantages and disadvantages
After you have become acquainted with the process of creating a ladder from a profile pipe, it is worth considering the advantages and disadvantages of this design.
Advantages of the profile pipe ladder:
- Good strength and durability;
- Long service life;
- Relatively fast production time;
- You can create a ladder from a profile pipe alone, without the help of masters;
- Possibility to create a ladder of any shape;
- The price of necessary materials is low.
As you can see, there are really many pluses of such a ladder. The period of its operation is much higher than that of a wooden one, and it is not as heavy as a stone one. However, there are disadvantages.
Drawbacks of the ladder from the profile pipe:
- The metal frame weighs quite a lot, especially if the ladder is large. Because of this, when finishing the stairs, you have to use materials such as wood and plastic.
- In order to create such a ladder you need the skills and experience of working with a welding machine.
Do not forget that the ladder must be periodically treated with an anti-corrosion coating.
How to install the ladder from the profile pipe with your own hand( video)
The ladder from the profile pipe is heavy and requires additional batch processing. But the price for its manufacturing is much lower than for other types of stairs, and the service life is higher. Correctly made homemade designs will serve a long time.