stairs leading to the mysterious room under the roof, a bridge that connects the two worlds. How can this bridge be, and how to correctly pick it up - read on!
- Pick up the stairs to the attic in construction
- Standard attic stairs: the size and calculation
- Folding ceiling stairs to the attic: the benefits
- Reliable attic stairs Oman for convenience
- Popular attic stairs Standard Oman toBeauty
- Rollaway attic stairs LWT an amateur
- Various attic stairs: metal and wooden
- Optimum attic stairs 120h70 see
- attic flatteringItza( video)
- Design staircase to the attic( photo in the interior)
Pick up the stairs to the attic in construction
There are 2 variants of placing a ladder leading to the attic: either indoors or outdoors. Placing outside is usually used as a temporary option when building a house. In countries with a cold climate( the epicenter of Siberia, for example) the most convenient is the placement of stairs inside the room( or insulated variation).This is convenient in operation, and the attic space has no contact with cold air, which will reduce the loss of heat.
If the house has other stairs, then the stairs to the attic should be made in the same style as the rest. This will help to connect all the rooms in a single style.
Regardless of the mounting option, all designs are divided into stationary or folding.
Also different kinds of ladder designs:
- Monolithic ladder( screw or propulsion);
- Folding or folding ladder;
- Mobile( portable, plug-in, suspension).
The traditional version is a monolithic ladder with a straight march and handrails, but such designs require a lot of space, and sometimes there is simply no room for such placement. In such cases, when there is no space for a traditional ladder, an excellent solution will be a hidden retractable ladder. These designs are characterized by high reliability, compactness and a variety of options. Excellent solution for a small space.
In order to find the right option, it is worth analyzing who will use the ladder. If there are elderly people in the house, then the ladder should be equipped with strong handrails, and its steps should not be too high. If there are children in the house, free access should be limited, and to the stairs and attic room, the main thing here is security.
The attic is traditionally made of wood and aluminum. The tree is used to make a march so that the weight of the structure is minimal, and the metal provides a rigid fixing of the structure. Also made of metal are springs and fastening mechanisms.
A tree for stairs is selected from hardwood. The beam should be at least 2 cm thick. If the operation of the folding ladder is constant, then a metal construction is better. The tree at a constant load quickly worn out.
Standard attic stairs: the size and calculation
In order to choose the right ladder, it is better to make a drawing, and take measurements.
When calculating the dimensions of the ladder to the attic, it is necessary to consider the following parameters:
- Overall height of the structure. Specialists do not recommend installing stairs with a height of more than 3 meters. At this height, the structure may lose strength and stiffness, this is unsafe, and falling from a height can be very dangerous.
- The optimum width for a flight of stairs is about 65-80cm.
- The optimal distance between the steps is 19.2 cm( if the value is less or more - the ladder will be inconvenient to use).
- The steps should be 18 to 22 cm thick.
- The number of steps is often even - 14 or 15 pcs.
- Weight, which stands the attic stairs, not less than 150 kg.
- The standard value of the angle of inclination of the ladder is from 60 to 75 degrees. A ladder with an inclination angle of more than 75 degrees will be dangerous in operation. If the angle of inclination is less - the ladder occupies a large space.
- The steps are parallel to the floor, and so that they do not slip, anti-slip stickers are attached to them.
When purchasing a standard folding ladder, it is worthwhile to measure the hatch cover. The optimal size of the hatch is 70 cm, the length of the ladder is 120 cm. When the size in the opening deck is less, it will be inconvenient to climb, and if the opening is larger, heat loss will also increase.
Attic, most often, is not heated, and good heat insulation is important here.
Folding staircase to the attic: benefits of
The most compact option is a folding or folding ladder - neat and safe to use. Folding ladder is several sections, usually 3 or 4.
The sections are stacked on top of each other, which is why their maximum compactness is achieved. The first section is securely attached to the hatch cover. The remaining parts are laid out and form an even march. The mobility of the sections is ensured by special hinges and hinges.
The design of folding ladders allows to regulate their height, which increases the convenience in their use for any premises.
Extendable ladders have a lot of advantages, the main ones are:
- The retractable ladder consists of only two sections, whereasFoldable of 3 or 4, this allows you to place the staircase, even in a small interstorey space;
- Low cost;
- Lightweight and reliable design.
But, perhaps, the most important criterion in choosing a sliding ladder is that its design allows you not to violate the stylistic space, since it is hidden by the hatch cover in the ceiling.
Important!The access door to the attic must be reliably insulated, because heat loss through it is very high. It will not be superfluous to take care of a reliable key or lock so that no one can enter the attic or the house.
Retractable ladders have several options. For example, scissors or ladder - an accordion. This design is made entirely of metal, this compact solution for small spaces. Has a drawback: since the design is completely made of metal, then, with prolonged use, the ladder begins to creak. This can be prevented by treating the mechanism with oil.
Telescopic ladder - it consists of a set of sliding sections, which are embedded one into one. Most often, these ladders are made of aluminum, which makes the entire structure very light. The modern domestic market rarely offers aluminum telescopic stairs, and it is not very popular yet.
Also modern manufacturers offer automatic mechanisms that open without the help of a person.
Reliable attic stairs Oman for convenience
Oman has long established itself as the manufacturer of reliable stairs for the attic. One of the main features of Oman products is that the design is hiding in the attic hatch and does not take away space in the room.
There is a large selection of models: folding wooden, as well as metal. Purchase of products Oman solves the problem of comfortable and safe recovery, subject to the preservation of space. The attic staircase from Oman is indispensable for a home, the space of which does not allow the installation of a fixed structure.
. In operation, the products do not need additional adjustments, and in a rich model range offers ladders of various sizes and sizes.
One of the popular models of attic stairs Oman:
- Termo. The standard size of the design is 2800x1200x600.Insulated free space of the hatch. The hatch is made of pine wood, and the whole construction is made only from environmentally friendly materials. The maximum weight of the load is 150-160 kg, and the weight of the design is from 25 to 35 kg. The staircase is easy to mount by yourself.
- Mini. The standard size is 50x60, 60x80, 60x90.Four-section construction. Insulated hatch. All guides are metal, the steps are made of wood. The kit includes a rod for opening, made of wood. A compact version of the stairs to the attic. Suitable for rooms with low ceilings, even at the maximum height of the entire structure, which is only 265 cm.
- Prima. The standard size is 60x120x280.Three-section configuration. The material is pine. The hatch is sealed, the height of the seal is 140 cm. The maximum load weight is 150-160 kg. The set is completed with a wooden rod.
The products from the Polish company Oman have various configurations, strong and safe in operation. Prestige, combined with low cost, like many.
Popular attic staircase Standard Oman for beauty
Attention is drawn to the most popular model from Oman.
Wooden staircase Standard:
- Folding three-section, traditionally made of pine wood.
- The hatch cover is 30 mm, heat-insulated, insulated on both sides.
- In the manhole box, the seal is 140 mm high.
- The size of the hatch is 120x60, 120x70.
- The steps are equipped with anti-slip notches.
- The maximum load weight is 150 kg.
- The set is completed with a wooden rod.
It would seem that all these characteristics are inherent in other models( for example, Velta, Bronz, Nozycowe, Vertical, Dolle, Dolly, Velux).What is the popularity of this particular one?It's simple - it's the price. This model is very different price range from their relatives. Having a standard set of characteristics and accessories Roto( Roto), the price for this model is lower than others.
Loft ladder LWT for amateur
Loft ladder LWT Super Thermo is a model from the Polish company Fakro. The company has long been presenting its products on the market, the production of which meets high quality standards. The width of the construction is 600 or 700 mm, height 1200 and 1300 mm. This is the warmest model in the Farko lineup and the most suitable for a country with a cold climate. Good heat preservation is achieved due to the thickness of the ceiling hatch - 80 mm. To the hatch is fixed a folding ladder, from 3 or 4 sections. Wooden stairs are made of solid wood.
Main design features:
- Triple sealed seal( high tightness is ensured);
- The kit includes metal handrails;
- Nozzles made of plastic Lxs, which allow to protect the floor from scratches;
- Galvanized metal fasteners;
- In addition, the installation includes: angles for mounting Ltk, gas door closer.
Polish company Fakro has a wide range of models: LWS Plus, Smart;LWK Comfort. All designs are characterized by high strength, load-carrying capacity and good thermal insulation.
Various attic ladders: metal and wooden
In a private house a stationary wooden staircase will look good in the attic. Especially if the attic is not just a warehouse for forgotten things, but another room.
Pluses of wooden structures:
- Natural materials;
- High strength;
- Decorative component.
But metal screw lofts are no less popular.
- Meet all fire requirements;
- Reliable in operation;
- Beautiful in performance;
- The spiral staircase always betrays the room's fabulousness.
But, whatever the model of the stationary ladder, it always requires space. And what to choose if it is not available?It is worth choosing an attic metal staircase. Today in the market such designs are in the arsenal of each manufacturer: Minka( Minka), Oman, Fakro.
Optimal attic staircase 120x70 cm
For example, the metal attic ladder Fakro LMS, produced in Poland, with great functionality, has small dimensions. This model has received good customer reviews around the world. The design of the stair is strong, reliable and aesthetic. Mounting the staircase is simple, and it does not take long. Minimalism of the staircase design allows to save space considerably.
Like other representatives of the model range of this company, the stairs are equipped with a heated hatch cover, built-in lock and anti-slip notches.
But, if space does not allow you to install even such a compact ladder, you can install street metal structures. Dacha, one of those options where you can install such a ladder. The design can be installed directly on the street or in the garage, an outbuilding. In order not to slip on the stairs in winter, the ladder should be equipped with a strong handrail or handrails. This external design will not occupy space in the house and not violate the stylistic composition.
Loft ladders( video)
It is important to remember that this design is on the street, which means that it is generally accessible. You should take care of the security of the entrance, and limit free access to the stairs, and do not say later that you are not guilty.