Drywall is a finishing material consisting of two layers of special solid cardboard or special paper, between which is a gypsum with special fillers that increase its strength. Thickness, as well as the dimensions of drywall sheets are different, the most common thickness, which is most often used in construction 9.5 mm and 12.5 mm. Advantages of this material is that it does not have a sharp odor, does not conduct electric current, and some types of drywall have a certain resistance to moisture and a certain resistance to high temperatures.
- How to fasten plasterboard to the wall without profiles and laths
- Recommendations: how to attach drywall to the wall without a profile if the walls are not aligned
- Can the gypsum board be fixed directly to the wall without using additional materials
- Ways to fix the drywall to a wall without a profile in a wooden structure
- Doing the right thing: installing a drywall to a wall without a profile( video)
How to fix a drywall to a wall without a proIle and lath
Traditionally for fastening sheets of drywall to the surface of a metallic or wooden profile bars, which are attached via screws drywall sheets. But there are ways with which you can attach sheets of drywall to the surface without using a metal or wooden frame. The fixing of plasterboard sheets in this case is carried out with the help of glue mixtures, while the surface to which the sheets will be fastened should be leveled, and also cleaned from various contaminants.
- Before applying glue mixtures on the surface with chalk, make a marking if you plan to install sockets, switches, lampsEtc., then it is necessary to perform preliminary electrical work.
- The adhesive mixture is diluted in accordance with the instructions, then applied to the surface of a gypsum board or to a wall in accordance with staggered markings. The distance between each "cake" should be 35 - 40 cm, and the diameter of about 10 - 15 cm at the edges of the mixture is applied with a continuous thin stripe.
- After applying the adhesive mixture, the sheet is pressed against the surface, it should be kept firmly pressed for about 30 minutes. In order to distribute the glue mixture more evenly, it is necessary to conduct a large plank on the gypsum board several times.
- When installing the GCR to a wall, leave a gap between the floor and the ceiling. From the floor, the gap should be 1 to 2 centimeters, from the ceiling of 5 mm to 1 cm.
Recommendations: how to attach drywall to the wall without a profile, if the walls are not aligned
In some cases, the finishing works do not have the possibility to level the walls for different reasonsAnd in this case it is necessary to fix GKL sheets to uneven walls.
To get everything neatly and qualitatively, the drywall should be fastened in the following way:
- The GKL sheet is applied to the wall and using a drill bit with a thin drill make several holes in the sheet so that the marks on the wall remain.
- In the wall in place of the marks, holes are drilled and dowels are inserted, on the same sheet of gypsum board, at a distance of 10-15 cm from the holes made, foam or foam foam is glued. These labels when attaching a sheet GKL will play the role of a kind of springs.
- The GKL sheet is applied to the wall, then screwed into it in the drilled holes, which fix the GCR sheet on the surface.
- The leveling of drywall sheets is done using a level, by twisting or loosening the screws.
When all sheets of plasterboard are aligned, you should drill about 5 mm in diameter about each self-cutter 3-5 mm apart in a drywall using a wood drill or special drill bit for gypsum board.
In these holes, the mounting foam must be pumped, which will be the main fixing element. But pumping should be done with caution, since large amounts of foam can bend the sheet. At the same time, it is also necessary to control the level of the slab using the building level. When the foam hardens completely, you can unscrew the screws, and putty holes, sometimes you can leave the screws, but they should be screwed evenly and then their heads are also puttyed.
Can plasterboard be fastened directly to the wall without the use of additional materials
When decorating the premises, plasterboard slabs are widely used, which is often called dry plaster. When decorating the room, these plates can be attached directly to the wall, without burdening themselves with the construction of additional structures. And in some cases fastening directly to the wall is the only possible option, for example, if the walls are made of gas silicate blocks.
Before installation, marking with chalk should be done on the wall, and also the unevenness of the walls or other surface is determined using the construction level and the plumb line.
With too uneven walls, you can make special beacons from a thin twine stretched over the carnations hammered into the wall. On the walls, a glue mixture is applied to the level of tensioned cords, in some cases it is possible to use gypsum board slabs that are glued to the walls. After the adhesive mixture has dried, you can proceed with installation.
- The plates should be cut to the required dimensions, after each plate should be applied to the wall where it should be. This will determine whether the slabs are cut correctly and whether they will be evenly attached to the surface.
- Adhesive mass is applied to the walls or to the GKL sheet, using a notched staple, the distance between the "cakes" of the glue mass is 10-15 cm;
- After the sheet is applied to the wall and held for about half an hour, to level the plates among themselves, you should gently tap with a rubber mallet.
When gluing boards on walls, it is necessary to leave gaps between the ceiling and the sheets about 5 mm, and between the floor and the plates about a centimeter. After the final drying, the putty is applied to the joints between the plates.
Ways how to fix drywall to a wall without a profile in a wooden structure
Sometimes you need to level the walls or give a more finished look to the room in a wooden house, but you should know that you can not immediately after erecting a house or other structure from logs or seminaryTo fasten plasterboard slabs. As the house shrinks, and it is recommended to coat the wooden structure from the inside no less than a year after construction.
Before you start plastering a wall or a ceiling with a plasterboard, it is necessary to perform a number of finishing works:
- Carry out wiring, For the installation of sockets and switches, remove all resin deposits from the tree. If resin stains are not removed, they should be hollowed out.
- Remove unevenness of the tree, shave with a planer or saw.
- If there is a curvature of the wall, then it is additionally fixed with wooden covers.
- After that, gypsum boards are fastened to wooden surfaces with the help of wood screws with secret hats, then the holes from the screws are plugged.
We do the right thing: assembling drywall to a wall without a profile( video)
The whole process of installing drywall should be controlled with a level. If there is a slight deviation, then it can be adjusted with a putty. Also, it is necessary to leave gaps between the floor and the ceiling, which can later be sealed with decorative skirting boards.