Today, the popular method of extending the room is to combine the space of the kitchen and the living room. Kitchen-living design allows you to radically change the layout of an apartment or house, create a unique and original design that will please its owners with beauty and practicality. When deciding to combine two rooms into one it is important to take into account the fact that redevelopment can not be performed without special permission. Without it, all actions will be considered illegal and can lead to serious consequences.
- Design of the kitchen combined with the living room
- How to combine the living room with the kitchen
- Is it worth to combine the kitchen and the living room
- Living room-kitchen, two bathrooms and three rooms: luxury in the interior
- In whatType of room you can design a living room with kitchen
- Combined living room with kitchen on the second floor: rather minus than plus
- Multifunctional kitchen-living room as living room
- United kitchen-living room of economy class
- ModernKitchen-living room with island
- Connection of kitchen and living room: designer's advice( video)
- Design of combined kitchen-living room( photo)
Design of kitchen combined with living room
Typical apartments of multi-storey houses, Standard projects in Soviet times, are not designed for the possession of a spacious space for housing.
Very often the only way to get extra meters is to use some of the useful space of another room.
The most common method of combining several spaces is to remove the wall between two rooms.
Advantages and disadvantages of the combined area
- When combining the kitchen with the living room, smell penetration is simply inevitable. Even the best ventilation will not be able to remove the odor by 100%.
- The combined space is most susceptible to contamination, so cleaning the kitchen / living room will become an inevitable daily routine.
- Combined space is a common and comfortable area, which can not but rejoice. Space will become easier, airy and free. Daylight will make the space light and cozy.
Combined space has many advantages, which allows you to accept the small shortcomings of the combined kitchen-living room.
How to integrate a living room with a kitchen
When buying a new apartment, owners often face the issue of the legality of the redevelopment of the premises. In order to legitimize this process, you need to contact the organization to agree on redevelopment.
It is important to consider that non-observance of the rules can be strictly punished by law. Residents are responsible for every action.
There are a number of rules that prohibit performing certain manipulations related to the redevelopment of an apartment.
Rules for combining space
- Combining the kitchen and the living room together can cause difficulties due to the presence of a gas stove in the kitchen. This issue can be solved by installing a partition, or replacing the gas stove on an electric stove.
- Also accommodation is not subject to a kitchen under the bathroom of the upper apartment.
- The bathroom and toilet should not be affected when the kitchen is enlarged.
- The kitchen can not be placed above the living space.
- In accordance with fire regulations, there must be doors leading to other rooms.
- Decide how many meters are enough for the kitchen.
- To coordinate the layout, you need to contact the service of the window of the housing district, providing them with a BTI passport and sketches for redevelopment.
The reconciliation of the kitchen and living room is made according to the project provided by the housing inspection of the respective district. In this case, the project should indicate the actual size of the room. It is necessary to take into account, if there is a beam between the rooms in the stalinka. It is important to remember that new rules and norms are emerging.
Is it worth to combine the kitchen and living room
The reasons for combining two spaces in one room can be a great many. However, it is worth taking into account the moments that can complicate the whole process of redevelopment.
Before performing any actions it is necessary to get advice from an experienced designer who will tell you how to organize the design of the room, what to remodel and what to add, will show the best examples of overlap.
To avoid difficulties, it is important to study the process of combining thoroughly, learn the nuances that can be used to optimize the space.
Reasons for combining space:
- Significant expansion of the territory;
- Improvement of housing conditions;
- Connection of space - the possibility of close communication with the family;
- A wide range of styles and applications for design solutions.
When combining space, it is important to remember that it will be really comfortable and comfortable if all family members feel comfortable in one area.
Living room-kitchen, two bathrooms and three rooms: luxury in the interior
The interior of the premises with a large area can be executed in a royal way.
In this case, it's not about the independent design of the room, but the attraction of real professionals to work.
The separate living room-kitchen can look really elegant, if for its registration use a combination of classical style and Art Deco style.
Interior features "five stars"
- Decorated facades;
- Using a warm range of juicy tones;
- Decorative pictures on the walls;
- Adjacent wardrobe;
- Convenient shelves of brown scale;
- Upholstery for upholstered furniture with expensive textiles;
- Finishing of floors with natural marble;
- Use of designer lighting products.
The atmosphere in the kitchen-living room can be made luxurious and cozy at the same time if you bring to work a true professional who can correctly combine the styles of decorating the room, its finishes and objectsDecor.
In what types of rooms can you create a living room with a kitchen
The combination of two rooms implies the expansion of space, as well as the practicality and convenience of using the room.
In different types of apartments, the combined space can be designed differently. It is important to take into account the fact that a combined space should not deprive a single member of the family of personal space.
There are types of rooms in which the arrangement of the combined space looks organic and carries a functional load.
Combining rooms with different types:
- Apartment with a large area;
- Studio apartment;
- Apartment with a small living room.
Each room type has its own design and zoning features. This is worth considering, since what is suitable for a large apartment, it may not be appropriate to look in an apartment with a small area.
Combined living room with kitchen on the second floor: rather minus than plus
Proper layout is very important when building a house. It is very important to determine where the rooms will be located. Especially if it is a house in several floors.
It will be extremely inconvenient to place the living room and kitchen on the second floor. Usually the second floor is used to organize a sleeping space.
It is also important to remember that a combined kitchen-living room has such a negative aspect as mixing odors while cooking.
Reviews why it is not necessary to place a kitchen-living room on the second floor:
- The living room should be closer to the guests at home. It can be a living room, gradually turning into the kitchen.
- Arrangement of a working area with a gas stove or electric stove will be difficult.
- Conveniently the living room with the kitchen is located closer to the entrance.
- The second floor is usually used for placing bedrooms to accommodate a bed.
How to arrange rooms in the house is a private matter for everyone. It is important to take into account the cons, the legality of their actions, the convenience and functionality of the premises.
Multifunctional kitchen-living room as living room
The organization of the kitchen, combined with the living room, is considered a convenient variant of the layout of the room. At the same time, it is important to remember compliance with regulations that should not be violated.
For example, a kitchen can not be located above a living room. This may threaten the flooding or explosion of gas, which will cause significant harm not only to the owners, but also to their neighbors.
There are many rules that must be observed when combining kitchens with living quarters.
Simple rules for a living room combined with a kitchen:
- You can not enter the toilet through the kitchen.
- According to the sanitary norms, it is impossible to unite the kitchen and the living room, in which the shoes and clothing are stored.
- You can not combine the kitchen with the living room, if the premises are gasified.
- You can not have a gas cooker in the kitchen, if there is no partition. It is also important to properly position the refrigerator.
When combining the kitchen and living room, you need to take into account the fact that the room will be constantly used by all members of the family, which will lead to its abundant pollution. Cleaning in this space is to be carried out several times a day.
Economy-class kitchen unit
Two-room apartment and kitchen-living room of economy class is a common phenomenon, which has to be tolerated. The only thing that can be done is to use strong design solutions that will help decorate the kitchen and make the room visually simple, bright, cozy and practical.
When decorating kitchen-living room of economy class with your own hands, it is important to follow the advice of professionals who will prompt how to make space harmonious and unloaded.
When we combine two rooms in one space, we bring beauty, harmony and functionality to it.
How to equip the living room kitchen:
- Free up maximum space;
- Arrange the kitchen on the podium;
- Use of mobile furniture, decorations;
- Application of unusual design solutions;Correctly placed accent
The situation can become large and bright. To do this, you need to share the color and lighting design, be able to properly zonate the room and arrange furniture.
Modern kitchen-living room with island
The use of a multifunctional table for the kitchen-living room has become quite popular. This makes moving around the room comfortable.
The presence of the island makes the premises many times more comfortable, more and more functional. An island can connect rooms of various types. Youth cuisine can not do without the island.
The principle of the "working triangle" can be used for premises of different types.
Advantages of the island
The process of installing an island can be quite time consuming. More on the installation and combination of the island in the kitchen-living room, you can read on the Internet.
Kitchen and living room connection: designer's advice( video)
The design of the kitchen-living room can be very diverse, photos in the gallery - a vivid proof of that. In many ways, it depends on the type of premises, whether there is an alteration in the house or apartment, what kind of zoning and layout of the premises was chosen. When combining rooms it is important to remember that for the legality of the actions you need to get a special permit, as the correct redevelopment directly affects the security of the tenants of the whole house.