The chalet style is considered one of the most cozy and stylish. This design is used in cozy houses and hotels in Austria and Switzerland, gradually it won the hearts of people who, after visiting there, wanted to have such an atmosphere at home. Who does not dream of living in a fairy-tale house, where the fire burns comfortably in the fireplace?The chalet style is created just for the peace and comfort that prevail in the houses of Austria and Switzerland, settled in our house.
- Interior of the living room in the style of the chalet: how to create an atmosphere
- Living room in the style of a chalet with a fireplace: fineness of the finish
- Design of a living room in the style of a chalet: choose furniture
- Tips for designing a living room-kitchen in styleChalet
- Comfortable living room in chalet style( video)
- Design of living room in chalet style( interior photo)
Interior of living room in chalet style: how to create atmosphere
Originally, the chalet style was created to protect people from badbyconditions-period. Mostly, this design is used near the Alps, where bad weather can be severe and frequent. Any room, decorated in this style, by default becomes comfortable and practical. At the same time, the style of the chalet is romantic, although the materials and shades used here are not very romantic.
The chalet-style living room has many advantages:
- The use of soft, aged furniture gives the interior a romantic and cozy feel.
- Decorating the ceiling and walls looks simple, but expensive.
- The chalet style obliges to install a fireplace, and this is an additional source of heat.
- The design of the chalet will appeal to lovers of antiquity: the more old accessories, the better.
Of course, when decorating a chalet-style living room, a color scheme must be observed. The interior of the chalet must be made in a single color. In what - you decide. Among the colors that are provided by the style of the chalet are dark brown and terracotta, and their shades, the color of wenge, ocher, mustard color, light shades of the tree, the color of the gray stone, cream shades, caramel and amber.
Despite the fact that the style of the chalet provides mono-color, it is quite possible to use some color inclusions. The chalet style can include "spots" of yellow, pink, orange colors. It is important not to overdo it, the chalet is still a unity of color.
Living room in chalet style with fireplace: fineness of finishes
The style of the chalet implies the use of natural materials such as stone and wood. The stone is laid out on the floor and the fireplace is tiled, and the walls are trimmed with walls and ceiling.
In general, for this style the tree is a universal material that can be used to work with:
- Floor( if there is no possibility to heat a stone finish or simply there is no desire to use a stone in a large quantity).
Modern possibilities allow making a living room with a fireplace not only in a private or holiday house, but also in a city apartment. Instead of an ordinary fireplace, you can use an electric fireplace, a bio fireplace or a fake fireplace. Depending on the size of the living room, you can install a large fireplace, medium or small. The fireplace location is permissible in the center of the main large wall near the TV, perpendicular to the main wall, in the corner of the room( a small fireplace).
Fireplace cladding can be done with a real decorative stone or wallpaper that mimics the masonry. And the one and the other option is acceptable for urban apartments, but differs in price.
Design of living room in chalet style: choose furniture
The chalet-style living room does not mean every furniture. As a rule, this design allows for old, worn furniture, without unnecessary decorative features. Decor furniture in the style of the chalet is minimal. All furniture should be soft, an abundance of armchairs, soft pillows, etc. is welcomed.
The standard set for a living room in the style of a chalet looks like this:
- Soft sofa.
- The coffee table is not high.
- Shelf open for books. A rocking chair is a must. Chest of drawers or chest. Cabinets for antique or shelves.
Furniture should give the impression of hand-made furniture. In the large living rooms you can install a beautiful round table made of wood, preferably massive, and chairs from the same kit. To add an interior to the originality, a carpet of dense material can be laid on the floor, which corresponds to the shade of the overall interior. It is especially recommended to use a carpet for those who chose a stone for floor finishing. Here, the carpet will perform not only decorative, but also warming functions.
Chalet is not a chalet without suitable accessories. As an additional decoration, you can use antique watches, animal skins, weapons, wrought accessories, textiles with Norwegian patterns( pillows, blankets, bedspreads), photographs placed in massive frames.
Following these recommendations will make your living room a truly cozy and festive place at any time of the year.
Tips for the design of the living room-kitchen in the style of the chalet
For the decoration of the living room combined with the kitchen, you can use all the materials mentioned above. The principle of finishing is absolutely the same, except that the stone can be used not only for finishing the floor, but also for decorating the walls. Try to choose only natural materials. The style of the chalet does not like fake.
With this style you can zonirovat kitchen-living room, you can turn any room into a fabulous Christmas place.
How to make this place alpine cozy and beautiful:
- Furniture is better to choose in monochrome colors or with bright extravagant patterns.
- The sink and faucet should be finished with bronze or copper.
- The table and chairs should be made of solid wood, and the back of the chairs should be covered with leather in tone to the tree. These are the main elements that the kitchen should contain.
- In the living room area, you can use the decor in the form of trophies from hunting or carpets.
- Lighting items must include forged or wooden parts.
Among other things, you can use pottery, and as a decor, suitable for various molded figures.
Cozy living room in the style of a chalet( video)
In order for the living room to really reflect the style of the chalet, it is necessary to disguise all the equipment. So, the TV in the living room is best to hang on the wall and frame it with a frame of wood. If there is no possibility to hang up the TV, "hide" it in the stand for the TV in the rack. At the same time, the shelving should completely blend in with the overall style. You can overlay the TV with books or special boxes that masquerade as books. There are a lot of such people in various souvenir shops now, and they pass the design of books for the chalet style as well as possible. To find comfort in the living room-chalet is very simple, if you pay attention to the design of every detail.