The style of Provence conquers its harmony, its lightness and some finesse. Being in the room, stylized as a village image, you recall poetry and romantic stories. The vestibule in the style of Provence emphasizes the aesthetic taste of the owner of the house, attracts with its hospitality and comfort.
- Corridor in the style of Provence: the most harmonious colors and shades
- How to choose furniture for the hallway in the style of Provence
- Interior of the hallway in the style of Provence: design features
- Entrance hall in the style of Provence:
The corridor in the style of Provence: the most harmonious colors and shades
The corridor in the style of Provence: the most harmonious colors and shades
Very good and skillbut it looks such a hall in the cottage. However, recently this direction is widely used in urban apartments. For a small apartment, the Provence-style corridor is an excellent solution. The small hallway will become more spacious thanks to a properly designed design. Light colors of walls and furniture visually increase the area of the hallway, bright lighting will make it more comfortable, and mirrors in twisted frames will bring a note of originality to the overall image of the corridor.
Characteristic features for the rustic style:
- White and pastel colors;
- Furniture from natural materials;
- Forged items in furniture;
- The effect of aging in interior elements;
The main colors in the Provencal style are pink, mint, lavender. The background colors remain beige and white, they add freshness and visually expand the space of the hallway of the room.
Black color can be used only in furniture fittings - pens, hooks, stand for pots.
It is very important that there are not too many dark parts, a large number is capable of "killing" the beauty of the village style.
How to choose furniture for the hallway in the style of Provence
The first place where guests and owners of the apartment enter are the entrance hall. It carries not only a functional purpose, but also reflects the spirit of the apartment and the tastes of its owners. Therefore, the equipment of the hallway should be approached with seriousness. A huge role in the overall interior of the hallway is played by properly selected furniture. It should be wooden or metal - forged.
Glitter and gilding should not be present in furniture, the fittings must be matte with an imitation of aging.
For an ideal entry into the Provencal image, the entrance door must be wooden and executed in the same color scheme with the rest of the furniture.
Modern furniture factories provide a wide range of colors for furniture, but in the style of provence the following are used:
- Oak tree - this color is ideal for the corridors in the Provencal style. Cabinets and dressers look elegant and restrained, fitting into the overall interior of the hallway. Oak of a sonome is well combined with warm shades, and with cold. Cabinets series "Olivia" will be a good find when equipping the hallway in the style of Provence.
- Truffle is a neutral color for furniture. Brown shades will warm with warmth, and will emphasize furniture. A series of furniture "Provence" from the furniture factory "Tria" will emphasize the individuality of the hallway, complement it with the necessary elements.
The indispensable attribute of the hallway in the style of Provence is an open hanger with metal hooks, made of natural light wood. If desired, the hanger can be replaced with a low cabinet without a mirror.
If the dimensions of the room permit, an antique chest of drawers will perfectly fit into the Provencal hallway. It is not necessary that it be large and perform a functional task. An antique chest of drawers can become an object of the interior, an addition to the overall picture.
An important attribute in the hallway is a mirror. For the style of Provence, a metal-framed mirror hanging on the wall is a good fit. Elegant sofa or bench will create coziness in the room, although their availability is not necessary.
Interior of the hallway in the style of Provence: design features
The interior of the corridor begins with the choice of the primary color - white, beige, lemon, lavender. No dark spots!If you want to focus on a particular subject, you can choose a more saturated beige, terracotta or dark yellow color. Provence style does not like cold tones, so blue, green shades should be avoided.
are perfect. Provence fits well with rustic, vintage and cheby-chic styles. Therefore, when equipping an entrance hall in a rustic image, it is worth considering that other rooms with modern and classic directions in the interior will look ridiculous.
Interior design of the hallway:
- Lighting plays an important role in decorating the hallway. Due to lack( or total absence) of daylight, the hallway should be well lit. For the Provencal style, chandeliers decorated with wood or metal sconces placed on the wall are suitable.
- Addition to the interior will be a variety of decor elements - paintings, baskets, bouquets of herbs or rugs on the floor. Without these trifles, the hallway will look dull and inhospitable.
- Open doorways are well decorated with fabric curtains, adding an interior of coziness and completeness of the image.
The entrance hall in the style of Provence is suitable for those who appreciate elegance, simplicity and comfort.
The entranceway in the style of Provence: the design with our own hands
Real Provence allows the use of only natural materials - wood, stone, fabric. When choosing materials for repair, it should be borne in mind that the hallway is a room where they come in street shoes, bring in dirt and sand, put baby carriages or bicycles. Finishing materials should be practical and quality.
However, in the case of the Provençal style, interior design dictates light colors:
- Walls. In an ideal variant for design of walls use a plaster of light tones. It is superimposed by uneven layers, giving a special look to the room. Do not exclude the use of wallpaper for wall decoration in the Provencal style. However, in this case too, they should be pastel tones with a discreet drawing - strips, small flowers, a cage. It is desirable to buy high-quality washable wallpaper to serve as long as possible.
- Floor covering. Traditionally, the direction of the Provence uses wooden parquet floors. As an option, the replacement of parquet can be a quality laminate. It should be noted that the floor should be matte, not shiny. As a floor covering, it is allowed to use a ceramic tile laid out in an intricate geometric pattern.
- Ceiling. In combination with plastered walls and wooden floors, the ceiling must complete the Provencal image. Deliberately carelessly whitewashed ceiling perfectly fits into the main design of the room. In a country house or cottage you can beat it with wood or wood panels. The color palette is not limited.
- Correctly designed lighting will emphasize all the advantages of the hallway and hide the unfortunate aspects.
- Different ideas with the decor of the room definitely will not be superfluous. Plaids, carpets, forged shoe racks, vintage table lamps - best fit in the design of the Provençal hallway.
Style Provence does not recognize linoleum and carpet!
How to design an entrance hall in the style of Provence( video)
Provencal style perfectly fits both in the country houses, and apartments megacities. The undoubted advantage in the style of Provence is the naturalness of the materials used for the design of the room. It does not require special expenses and attracts with its simplicity, beauty and comfort. In such premises you want to come back again and feel yourself in provincial France.