The substrate provides thermal insulation. It also provides soundproofing, noise insulation, vapor barrier. It's easy to work with the material, even a layman can cope with the sticking. The advantages of using a substrate for wallpaper include the following: it smooths the surface before wallpapering, it is also easy to glue, which makes it possible to do repairs yourself. The material protects against condensation and fungal lesions of walls, is not afraid of dampness and does not absorb moisture, there is no need to make a finish coating, you can re-paste wallpaper several times.
- Soundproof wall paper in the apartment - comfort, warmth and silence
- Soundproofing, wallpaper substrate: Masters reviews and product specification
- Noise isolation in the apartment: how to glue the substrate under the wallpaper correctly
- SubstrateUnder the wallpaper how to glue( video)
Soundproof wallpaper for walls in the apartment - comfort, warmth and silence
If a person wants to protect their home from extraneous noise, then you need to buy a special substrate. Soundproofing and soundproof materials are used for protection.
Soft porous material absorbs sound, and soundproof materials repel it.
The best effect is obtained when several types of soundproofing material are used at once. For example, an excellent effect can be achieved by applying gypsum board and gypsum fiber. Recently, films and slabs of polyethylene or polyethylene foam are gaining relevance. The substrate usually has a thickness of 5 mm and a plate of 40 mm.
The process of gluing
The substrate is not difficult to arrange, the process is as follows:
- The foam polyethylene substrate is cut into pieces of suitable size;
- The wall must first be applied with glue, a composition for heavy wallpaper;
- Stick the substrate and when it dries out to seal joints with adhesive tape;
- Then you can glue the wallpaper.
to the walls before gluing the wallpaper. The 40 mm plates in the apartment should be fixed with special screws. On top of the glue "dry" plasterboard, after the rough finish which can be glued wallpaper.
Super thin soundproofing of walls in the apartment under the wallpaper: advantages and characteristics
The thin substrate is popular with the consumer due to its performance characteristics.
The substrate under the wallpaper has the following advantages:
- High strength;
- Environmentally friendly;
- Protection against moisture and fungus;
- High noise insulation.
This roll surface is an ideal material for the finish coating in the form of wallpaper.
The soundproofing surface is durable, therefore it is possible to paste the wallpaper repeatedly.
The most popular and characterized by good characteristics are brand materials:
- by Polief( Trocellen).
These manufacturers are the best in the market. Substrate Ekohit consists of foamed polyethylene and looks like paper. The structure of the web is uniform and dense. Penolon is the most relevant for masters, the material looks like cross-linked polyethylene foam. Polypom has undeniable advantages, it is easy to use, it is clean and durable.
Quality insulation - substrate for wallpaper
Insulation material for wallpapers from the company Ekohit is used for wall insulation. This is ideal for rooms with a large loss of heat. Thermal insulation replaces half of the brickwork brickwork.
The most effective use of material in an apartment, a country house, where individual heating systems are installed.
Sound insulation, insulation Izolon from Ekohit is suitable for people who want to solve the problem with soundproofing.
- Noisy neighbors;
- Noise on the street;
- Isolation from neighbors( not to be heard).
The material has closed pores, due to this, the insulation effect is achieved. It is necessary not to mention the ecological compatibility of the insulation from Ekohit. This product is clean and safe, because it does not use toxic additives.
Sound insulation, wallpaper substrate: Masters' feedback and material characteristic
Masters of repair always carefully select materials for repair work. And it's not surprising, because it depends on the materials the final result and the longevity of the repair.
Based on the reviews of professional repairers, it was possible to highlight the advantages and disadvantages of the substrate for wallpaper with the effect of sound insulation:
- The substrate is not recommended for use in rooms with high humidity.
- Before the device on the wall, the surface must be treated from the fungus.
- The wallpaper for the finish coat must be selected tight, otherwise the substrate can be shined.
- Only the substrate can not create complete sound insulation, therefore it is recommended to use at least 2 materials together.
- The material is easily cut, glued, it's a pleasure to work with it.
- The substrate under the wallpaper is safe and eco-friendly, it can be arranged even in the children's room.
- Excellent keeps heat in the room, thanks to which received a lot of positive feedback from both the consumer and the repairman.
. Whatever substrate the consumer chooses, it will appreciate its stable structure. Thanks to the material it is possible to create not only sound and heat insulation, but also to level the walls before finishing the room.
Noise isolation in the apartment: how to glue the substrate under the wallpaper correctly
Many will be wondering how to properly glue a quality matched substrate. The first thing that the masters recommend is to prepare the surface well for sticking.
You need to remove all the old coating from the surface of the wall, paint, wallpaper. Also, cover slits and cracks.
Then it is necessary to treat the walls with a primer. It is equally important to prepare the substrate itself, for this purpose it is preliminarily cut into pieces and placed under a press. Next, the inner surface of the substrate should be smeared with glue and can be glued to the wall. The process resembles the traditional pasting of walls, but only in this case it is necessary to paste the linen butt-ends.
Important!Do not apply glue to joints, as this will lead to gluing of the material. It is also necessary to ensure that all air bubbles come out from under the canvas. You can drive out air with a special rubber roller. Joints after gluing and drying the canvas can be sealed with a paper tape.