Many people today think that wallpaper is not suitable for a bathroom, because there it is wet, there is hot steam and all this negatively affects this kind of material. Is it worth it to paste wallpaper in the bathroom?The main drawback, which experts say, is the composition of the paper web and glue that, when used for long periods of time, become unusable, the wallpaper begins to move away from the walls and, accordingly, the aesthetic appearance of the room is completely lost. However, not everyone knows that these troubles can be avoided.
- The right wallpaper choice
- Quality wallpaper in the bathroom: types
- Classic self-adhesive wallpaper for the bathroom
- How wallpaper can be glued in the bathroom: all for and against
- WaterproofVinyl wallpaper for the bathroom: customer reviews
- How to glue non-woven wallpaper( video)
- Bathroom wallpaper( photo)
Choosing the right wallpaper
If you choose and paste the right wallpaper,the following advantages.
- Saving money.
- Decorative, because you can choose the design to your liking.
- Lightness of finish.
- Simple repair if necessary.
Moisture-resistant wallpaper for the bathroom most will appeal to those people who love diversity. Those who can safely change the interior, make quick repairs, experiment with materials, colors and style.
Quality wallpaper in the bathroom: types
If the decision to repair the bathroom is made and the lot fell in favor of such material as wallpaper, then the masters recommend that when choosing to immediately abandon the canvas on a paper basis. Wallpaper must be resistant to moisture, usually such rolls are marked with a badge - "three waves".It is necessary to dwell in detail on suitable "Khrushchev" or new wall-papers in the bathroom.
Classification of suitable wallpapers
- Washable. This type of wallpaper is covered with a special composition, which prevents the soaking of the material. They are in excellent contact with the liquid and the service life of the material is quite large. This type of wallpaper is well cleaned with a damp cloth, so the bathroom will always be clean and tidy.
- Vinyl. This is the most common type of wallpaper for the bathroom, if you do not know what to choose, then the preference should be given to the "superwash" vinyl. This type of wallpaper is made on a polymer basis and therefore the fabric is not afraid of not only moisture and steam, but also direct liquid penetration. Due to their performance characteristics, these wallpapers are expensive, but the high price is fully justified.
- Liquid. Here is another original and suitable option for high-quality, durable repair in the bathroom. This is not an ordinary wallpaper. In fact, it is a dry mixture on a water basis, which includes pigmentation components, binding elements, additives, silk and cotton fibers sometimes with sequins. These wallpapers originally have the form of a powder. During operation, the dry mixture is diluted with water, and applied to the wall, previously covered with a primer. Thanks to liquid wallpaper, you can realize the most extraordinary design solutions, although the material is not cheap, but very good in terms of quality and performance.
- Wall-papers. This kind of wallpaper is made of fiberglass material. The basis is modified starch. This is a very expensive wallpaper, because the material is durable, non-flammable, waterproof, eco-friendly. In addition, it is distinguished by an abundance of textures, which again is perfectly suitable for bold design for every taste.
- Wall-papers. Today you can buy wallpapers with high moisture resistance. The plot of such wallpapers can be the most incredible and interesting. You can decorate one wall, the main thing to glue on a moisture-resistant glue.
So, whatever would be the finishing material for the bathroom would not be chosen, it is important to know that for each type of wallpaper you need to select a certain glue. There is no universal glue, so before starting the repair, read the rules, find out how you can paste wallpaper in the bathroom without errors.
Classic self-adhesive wallpaper for bathroom
This type of wallpaper is popular with the consumer, and it differs by the presence of an adhesive layer on the inside of the fabric. Thanks to this layer, the wallpaper is pasted onto the wall.
The following can be used as facing material:
- PVC film;
When selecting self-adhesive wallpaper for the bathroom, it is important to pay attention to the presence of the "three waves" icon, which informs the consumer that wallpaper can be used in a room with high humidity. By combining materials, you can create a unique, original interior that does not get bored and will contribute to relaxation, harmonious environment.
How to wallpaper can be glued in the bathroom: all for and against
Stick wallpaper in the bathroom is not difficult, This process looks almost the same as when pasting other rooms. It is very important to pre-prepare the walls and choose the right finishing material. The walls must be leveled, treated with an antifungal compound, primed.
The next step is the preparation of glue. It must be prepared exactly, as indicated in the instructions attached to the wallpaper. Next, the canvas should be cut to the required size and height.
If wallpaper with a picture, then you can not assume that it does not match. Glue is applied to the surface of the wall, sometimes it may be necessary to apply on the sheet itself. It is important with special scrupulousness to smear the edges of the canvas. Then the canvas is glued to the surface of the wall, pressed and begin to expel surplus air and glue. All subsequent strips of wallpaper should be glued to the butt.
Tips of the masters
- Do not stick the wallpaper where it is possible to permanently come into direct contact with the liquid.
- When combining materials, avoid piling up.
- By color it is better to choose light shades that visually expand the space.
- The wallpaper should be selected in the style of the bathroom.
The most important thing is to select the wallpaper and prepare the walls for an adequate amount of time. If you pay attention to this process, then the gluing will not be time-consuming, and the result will amaze with its magnificence.
Waterproof vinyl wallpaper for the bathroom: user reviews
Reviews of moisture-resistant vinyl wallpaper are mostly positive. This material has excellent performance characteristics, it is durable and that is of no small importance attractive externally. As consumers say, wallpapers can easily serve for more than 15 years, they do not fade or swell, they will not peel off or crack. Consumers have noticed the fact that even tiles have deteriorated over the years, and dense water-resistant vinyl wallpaper retains its brightness, strength and aesthetics.
How to glue non-woven wallpaper( video)
The choice of wallpaper, of course, always remains for the consumer, the taste and color as they say, but if we talk about quality and durability, the vinyl canvas is not equal. The only drawback is the high cost of wallpaper, but it is completely justified.