Today's rhythm of life is reflected in the interiors of our apartments and houses. Often, trying not to clutter the room with extra items, they choose transforming furniture. Such furniture is very convenient, compact, allows you to change the interior according to your needs, easily moves and is transported. Fashion for transforming furniture did not pass over such an important piece of interior as a coffee table for the living room.
- Coffee table for the living room: the main views in the hall
- Choosing a coffee table in the living room
- Original coffee tables in the interior of the living room: photos in different styles
- Unusual ideas for creating a transformer
- Convenient coffee table-transformer for the living room( video)
- Detail: lounge coffee tables( photo examples)
Coffee table for the living room: the main views that are relevant fore
Depending on the functions performed are kinds of coffee tables.
This piece of furniture can be:
- Modular table;
- Table with storage space;
- Side table;
- Table-stand, used as a workplace;
- Puff table.
Furniture manufacturers offer a huge range of shapes, models, materials of manufacture.
- Their combination.
Tables can be bought inexpensively in online stores of furniture manufacturers. And you can make a table yourself with the tools and imagination. Or update your old table if you replace the table top, legs or shelves.
Pros of self-alteration:
- Ease of execution;
- Ability to change the interior or add a bright accent.
Choosing a coffee table in the living room
Choosing a table model, you need to decide on the types of tables and functions that it will perform.
Let's dwell on each form separately:
- Dining-magazine, i.e. A table that allows you to turn a small coffee table into a full-fledged dining table;
- The modular stage, consisting of several sections, which can be combined into a variety of designs, can be used as shelves, stands or used as stand-alone tables;
- Table-pedestal, an excellent option for storing all kinds of small things, books, magazines;
- A table with storage space, perfect for small living rooms;
- The side table can be part of the armrest of the sofa, but it can be used as a stand-alone structure;
- The table-stand, used as a working place for a laptop, perfectly fits into the living room, where it is impossible to allocate a separate workplace.
The table-pouf is a universal solution, it can be used separately.
The next item that should be taken into consideration when choosing a coffee table is the dimensions of the room.
Our apartments, as a rule, do not differ in size, so it's worth replacing the classic coffee table with a transformer that easily turns into a full-fledged dining table. If the coffee table will be used as a storage place, table-tables, tables with sliding sections, drawers will be indispensable helpers.
An important point in choosing a transformer table is security. The sliding and folding parts of the table should be strong and reliable, if possible, without sharp corners, especially in a house where there are children.
Original coffee tables in the interior of the living room: photos in different styles of
It is worth choosing a coffee table, based on the style of the room. It is very important that all objects of the interior are in harmony with each other.
Here are some tips:
- For a classic interior, a massive oval or round coffee table made of wood and stone is suitable. Designers of furniture offer a variety of models of classic tables in which the classic wood and modern materials successfully combine
- Modular models are ideal for a modern "technological" interior when several smaller tables are placed in one table, as well as additional tables to the armrest of a sofa or armchair.
- The style of Provence or Eco suggests beautiful wicker tables, tables, curbstones, light tables of wire, cord, etc.
- In the modern interior, the table-curbstone, table-pouf, table-stand for laptop will perfectly fit.
Recently, furniture from pallet - wooden pallets has been very popular, coffee tables have not been left out of this trend.
Pallet is already a ready-made coffee table by itself, which can be painted in any color, or left as it is. And combining several pallets, you can create a very original thing.
Unusual ideas for creating a coffee table-transformers
Having shown your imagination, you can make an excellent coffee table with your own hands.
- Coffee table made of wood or stump. Wood is a fertile material for creative people. The log or stump can be installed in natural form directly on the floor covering or supplemented with legs, wheels;Or combine several logs in a single coffee table.
- An ordinary basket can serve as the basis for a table, in which you can store newspapers, magazines and other small things.
- Automobile tires have long been popular with designers, closing the hole with plywood and covering with a sheath or an unusual braid, creating very original and inexpensive coffee tables. It is worth considering the opening lid, then the table can be used to store things or as a table-pouf.
- Vintage suitcases or chests - an excellent solution for creating an original coffee table, having screwed the legs or wheels, you can get a retro table with storage space.
- Glass and old books or magazines - already prepared unusual table, which will decorate the hall in a modern style.
- Glass itself is a ready-made coffee table, it remains only to screw it to any basis. These can be interesting legs, wheels, logs or old magazines. Designers also offer glass coffee tables of the most abstract shapes, with bevelled corners, curls, etc. Unusual Serena glass-fiber tables are white in color, characterized by durability and reliability. The glass top is combined with any support base, so glass is perhaps the most popular material for coffee tables.
- Tables with several rotating table tops are an ultramodern design solution in interior design of the living room.
- Another interesting idea - indoor flowers, growing straight from the table - decorate any interior, will be the highlight of the living room.
The combination of contrasting colors is also a favorite design technique for creating an interesting table.
Convenient coffee table-transformer for the living room( video)
Coffee table today is an independent element of the living room decor. It can perform a "practical" function - used as a working or dining table, and can be used as a decorative element that sets the tone of the entire living room. The table can be used as a stand for a vase, flowers, figurines or ashtrays, or maybe the table will serve as a mini-bar or storage of sewing accessories. The choice is always yours!