In the process of repair using plasterboard, the question arises as to the choice of the method of fixing KGL sheets to the surface. The main method is the use of profiles, but an alternative may be a special glue, but it is the profiles that give the structure reliability and the necessary strength. Working with gypsum cardboard is very easy, and this material is chosen, both by professionals for its reliability, and by newcomers for ease of installation.
- What is the profile for drywall: types of work
- Types and sizes of profiles for gypsum board: rack and other modifications
- Choose the profile for gypsum board: rack and other types
- Special types of profile for gypsum board
- What are the profiles for GKL
- Gypsum board profiles: manufacturer Knauf
- Ceiling and flexible profiles for gypsum board
- Arched starting profile for gypsum board and other types: classification
- Profile types for drywall( video)
What is the profile for drywall: types of work
Carefully study the basic recommendations for working with plasterboard. It does not matter what type of repair you do and in what room, it can be installing a new partition or leveling walls and ceilings, always work starts with the selection and installation of the profile. Aligning the walls and creating partitions of plasterboard will not be possible without the use of profiles.
It is from these that a frame is formed, on which sheets of GKL are already fastened. As a rule, the main material for manufacturing the profile is the galvanized steel.
This material is preferred, because the profiles from it have excellent characteristics, they are not corroded and have good strength indicators. Constructions with a frame from the profile will not be heavier. And in the work to use the profile is very easy. When mounting different types of structures, different types of fasteners are used. Start working with an overview of the range of building stores, as you need to determine the type of fasteners suitable for your particular type of installation work.
Types and dimensions of profiles for gypsum plasterboard: rack and other modifications
Metal sheets for profiles for gypsum cardboard are made by cold-rolled method. Processing such sheets by galvanizing. This method of production makes the material reliable, practical and wear-resistant. Anticorrosive properties make the fastening element durable. The framework consists of vertical and horizontal components.
Another name for vertical - rack-mount. The choice of such fasteners is very large, but it is easy to do, since for each individual case a specific profile type is required.
Let's determine what criteria distinguish fasteners for GCR.It's very easy to create a framework. It consists of a small number of parts. It includes elements of horizontal and vertical directions. The last named type is also called carrier or rack-mount profiles. At right angles to them, there are guides or starting elements. There are some guidelines for choosing the type and size of the profile.
Classify profiles into several categories:
- According to the type of structural elements;
- For the field of application;
- By appointment.
Choose the profile for gypsum board: rack and other types
Depending on the place of work, the profiles for walls and ceilings vary. Also, there are profiles for facing the planes and for creating partitions. In form, the flat and angular profiles, in the form of a channel, are distinguished. In view of the fact that the fastening elements are made of galvanized steel, the profiles come from thin-sheet and thick-plate galvanized. The choice of thickness of steel depends on the functional purpose and scope.
The main types of profile for KGL:
- Ceiling - the most popular type of profile. Denote the letters CD or PP from different manufacturers. Used for facing the surface of ceilings and walls. Dimensions: height 2,7 cm-2,8 cm, width - 60 cm, length from 2,5 to 4 m. Popular profile type.
- Guide profile UW or PN-this kind is used for partitions. The assortment of sizes is wide enough, since the parameters of the partition are individual. Size: length from 2 to 4-m, shelf height from 3.7 to 4 cm, width from 4 to 15 cm.
- Rack - CW or PS, differ in increased width. Suitable for use in installation of communications. Used to create partitions. Size: length from 3 cm to 4 cm, height from 4 cm to 5 cm, width from 4 cm to 15 cm.
- Profiles of convex or concave shape, called arched. Used for systems that are not correct non-linear forms.
The characteristics of each profile type depends on the manufacturer. For example, Knauf rackmounting hardware has a shelf height of 50 mm, and Giprock offers the user a width of 40 mm. Mounting of fixing systems to the wall is done with the help of dowels or self-tapping screws. To the ceiling installation is carried out by hooks for direct elements for suspension or by means of clamps.
As the ceiling profile has special wall bends, this can be done without difficulty. To connect them together, use screws with non-pressed washers.
Special types of profiles for drywall
The first type is rustic profiles. They differ in the flexibility of the metal. It is easy to give the desired shape. Used to form the necessary grooves in the GCR.Flexibility allows you to adjust the profile under any curve of the plane and is suitable for any design requirements. Also used with the following profile type.
The profile for fiber is used directly for cable routing. It is possible to use sheets of plasterboard with a thickness of up to 12 mm.
Fasteners in the profile cover the entire thickness of the optical fiber, thus allowing to secure the structure reliably and durably.
The outer protective angle is a vinyl material. It is designed for additional protection of the treated surface from mechanical damage. Holes inside allow you to create an integral structure. Since the putty penetrates into the holes to the very surface of the wall, the quality of the entire structure is increased.
What are the profiles for GKL
So, what should I pay attention to before choosing the fasteners?
First of all, we orient ourselves:
- On the physical parameters of drywall sheets used for installation.
- The number of sheets of GCR, of which the thickness of the structure consists.
- For additional communications.