greenhouse conditions allow growing vegetables enjoy a rich harvest much earlier. But still, it takes a lot of effort to ensure that the harvest is timely matured, was not spoiled by insect pests and was not struck by various fungi. In the matter of cultivating a tomato crop, sooner or later vegetable farmers wonder why tomatoes do not blush for a long time in the greenhouse. It is worthwhile to understand this issue in more detail.
- For some reason tomatoes do not blush in the greenhouse
- What to do to blush tomatoes in the greenhouse
- not ripen tomatoes in the greenhouse: the methods of accelerating the ripening
- Why not pour the tomatoes in the greenhouse
- Possible Causeswhy do not blush tomatoes in the greenhouse( video)
For whatever reason, do not blush tomatoes in the greenhouse
Total full development and ripening of tomato takes about a month. But this period will be such only if the conditions of agrotechnics were not violated, and the gardener adhered to all the advice for growing a tomato variety. If the redness of the vegetable goes bad, it is due to mistakes in growing in a greenhouse.
errors can be as follows:
- If growth is correct, then the tomato originally become bright, then gradually gets an orange tint and in the end becomes a natural color. This will happen if the growing conditions have not been violated, in particular, it concerns the temperature in the greenhouse. If the temperature regime is lowered below 15 ° C or increased above 35 ° C, the synthesis of the so-called lycopene will be completely disrupted. This is the main reason why tomatoes are not poured and do not blush, growing in a hothouse design. Instead of red, the skin will be yellow-orange, and around the foot you can see a round trace of a greenish-yellow hue.
- The next reason why tomatoes are poorly sung in a greenhouse design is the strong exposure to ultraviolet light. Tomatoes literally lose color. They do not have time to ripen, but simply are baked on the sun's rays. Near the stalk, you can see yellow streaks. This problem concerns not only the mid-summer period and early varieties, but also the end of summer.
- Another reason why tomatoes are badly sung is the lack of natural light in the greenhouse. When the seedling is too thick, the fruit simply does not have enough light to warm up and sing as it should. This can lead to the development of diseases and the emergence of insect pests.
- The next point is the deficit or overabundance of fertilizers. If in the earth there is a search of nitrogen or not enough potassium, aging will be slow, tomatoes in the greenhouse will be small, unripe. The gardener will be able to notice that the green mass becomes a bronze shade, and at the tips of the leaves it dries up. Small, empty tomatoes are the result of incorrect feeding of plants.
Finally, the yellow spots in the stalk( long and incomplete ripening) can sometimes be a feature class. Most often, it is observed in hybrids that are withdrawn not so long ago.
What to do to blush tomatoes in the greenhouse
Now that it is clear for what reasons did not gain color tomatoes in the greenhouse, you can refer to methods of how to speed up aging. In order for fruits to blush more quickly, keep the greenhouse closed.
The heat of the fruit does not hurt, and there are no flowers on the seedlings.
But, in order to maintain the optimal microclimate, the hothouse design should be ventilated in the morning for about 2 hours. Then the temperature will be kept correctly, and all excess moisture will eventually erode( after all, condensation will necessarily accumulate during the night time).If there is such an opportunity, then the hotbed should be ventilated in the evening, also for a couple of hours.
The fact that the seedlings have thickened will be signaled by the following moments:
- Tomatoes ripen for a long time;
- Do not gain redness;
- Maturing is uneven.
In this situation, it is important to cut. This is a fair measure for shrubs planted at a distance of about 30 cm. Cut the leaves completely, or cut off half. When tomatoes become light( the so-called milk ripeness), you need to cut off the green mass from the bottom of the bush. Also it is necessary to stop fertilizing the seedlings after about July 15.These measures will not allow the bushes to put forks into the green mass and slow the aging.
Tomatoes are not ripe in the greenhouse: methods to accelerate maturation
If tomatoes are not mature enough, measures must be taken immediately. To tomatoes do not grow green, you can take simple tricks.
What we do:
- Orientation on the sun's rays. To ensure that the seedlings received the maximum of the useful autumn sun, it is necessary to cut off unnecessary foliage, to turn the branches towards the sun. On the trellis, this exercise is simply done using a dressing material.
- Iodine supplementation. Why aging is slow, there is another reason - iodine deficiency. Podkarmlivanie will be able to correct the situation. It is necessary to perform a couple of foliar fertilizers of green mass with a weak solution of iodine - 35 drops per bucket of water.
- Power limit.
In the latter case, the following is necessary: by surgical intervention, the seedlings in the diet should be limited. In the plant at an altitude of 100 mm from the soil, a through cut must be made. In it, you need to insert a plate of wood. It will limit the flow and outflow of nutrients. You can use a wire made of copper. With the help of it, the stem must be carefully pulled across. These methods should help.
Why tomatoes are not poured in the greenhouse
There are several other ways to improve the maturation of tomatoes in the greenhouse. Circumcision of stepchildren and lower foliage - it is necessary to do the following: cut off all new shoots and foliage from below to the brushes on which the tomatoes are already ripening.
Prevention of late blight. In the autumn, sprouts should be sprayed to prevent infection. For this purpose, use a garlic solution. If the seedlings are planted in the open ground, it should be covered with a PE film at night. If next to the ripened tomatoes to place unripe, it will start to blush. This is explained by the fact that a mature colleague releases ethylene, which acts as a catalyst. To acquire a natural color the fruit next to the "example" is capable for 3 days.
Stimulation with alcohol - if you pour 0.5 ml of vodka into the nest of a green tomato, it will begin to ripen more quickly, after 14 days the tomatoes will turn completely red. Alcohol accelerates redness. If suddenly the cold came, and on the seedlings there are unripe tomatoes, the plants must be excavated and moved to a garage or a shed. Then the process of color and maturation will continue. Cutting of new peduncles - closer to autumn time new flowers and buds on seedlings are not needed. It is also necessary to delete all the inflorescences.
Possible reasons: why tomatoes do not blush in the greenhouse( video)
Following the above measures, you can get the result of red, juicy and ripe fruits that are suitable for salads, preserves, first and second courses. The efforts will be rewarded!