Working with gypsum boards is a pleasure if you follow all instructions clearly. After all, as a result of this activity, you get a perfectly flat surface with which you can do almost anything. Tiles, wallpaper, painting, decorative plaster and similar refinements will become available to you if you align with GCR sheets. However, under the wallpaper, drywall must be further processed to finally prepare the surface to contact with wallpaper glue.
- Is it necessary to lay plasterboard before gluing the wallpaper and why
- Can the wallpaper be glued to plasterboard without puttying with the use of moisture-resistant GKL
- What is primed gypsum board for wallpapers for the best result?
- How to put plasterboard under wallpaper: The features of the GKL plasterboard
- Than to coat the drywall under the wallpaper: the choice of materials and technology
- How to plaster the drywall under the wallpaper and whether it should be done
- Putty plasterboard(Video)
Do I need to coat plasterboard before gluing the wallpaper and why should
Putty the walls before wallpapering is a usual action for anyone who has ever done a home repair by their own hands. However, if you installed a drywall, then the question arises whether it is necessary to conduct the filler before the wallpapering of the wallpaper.
The answer to this question is completely unambiguous: shpatlevat GKL required!And there are several reasons for this:
- Places where the screws are screwed into the surface of the plasterboard, I have an unpleasant terrain that needs to be leveled.
- Plasterboard sheet joints require special treatment, which can not be performed without puttying material.
- If you decide to paste the wallpaper on the GL without the putty, then you will encounter a problem later when you decide to re-paste the wallpaper. After all, tearing the veneer from the unpainted sheet of gypsum board will prove excruciatingly difficult.
To ensure that the process of wallpaper gluing is comfortable and the result is of high quality, be sure to skip the GCR before working with wallpaper. This stage is very important and it must be done correctly.
Can I glue wallpaper on plasterboard without puttying when using a moisture-resistant GKL
If you are faced with a situation where you use drywall with a protection against humidity, then it is also worthwhile to clarify the issue with the need for putty.
In fact, the following reasons need to be applied to the moisture-resistant plasterboard:
- Not only irregularities, but also inscriptions on the surface of the GCR, can be seen through the wallpaper ifPaste the latter on plasterboard, which was not putty putty.
- If the wallpaper is very thin, the non-plastered surface of the moisture-resistant plasterboard, which has a fairly bright greenish tinge, can show up by changing the color of the wallpaper in an ugly way.
- The reason for this is also the concern for future repairs when you decide to re-paste the wallpaper. Removing the wallpaper with GKL can result in the replacement of not only the inexpensive lining, but also the entire false wall.
If for any reason you still decide to avoid the plastering of moisture-resistant plasterboard, then it is better to add a light water emulsion into the primer. So you will be able to avoid at least a greenish shade of the surface of the walls.
Than priming drywall under wallpaper for best results
Working with gypsum cardboard and wallpaper can not go well without priming the surface under the pasting. The primer prolongs the life of the false wall, and also protects against the influence of many external factors. In addition, on the primed surface the putty falls much better.
What types of primers are available:
- Acrylic. Also this type of primer is called universal, as it is suitable for all surfaces.
- Phenolic. This primer is suitable only for metal and wood.
- Alkyd. For wood only.
- Perchlorovinyl. This type of primer is suitable for any material, but it is distinguished by the fact that such a primer is suitable only for outdoor use.
- Griffal. Very powerful primer for outdoor applications.
- Polystyrene. Toxic and strong material for outdoor use.
For acrylic primer is excellent acrylic primer.
How to put plasterboard under wallpaper: features of GKL plasterboard
Gypsum board is so popular also because its putty generally does not take much effort, nor much time. The fact is that the GKL is already aligned material. The main reason for puttying is the fixing of irregularities, which inevitably arise as a result of installation.
The features of the GKL are as follows:
- Ideal evenness;
- Mandatory work with seams at the joint of plasterboard sheets;
- Assembly using self-tapping screws.
Features of gypsum board as a material, as well as some specific work with it creates the need for plastering the surface before further lining the walls or ceiling.
Thin plasterboard for wallpaper: choice of materials and technology
The most important in preparing the GCR under the wallpaper is to fix small irregularities from the installation, as well as work out the places of joints of sheets. This work is done thoroughly and seriously, because it depends on the smoothness of the future coverage. In the rest the puttying is carried out by a small layer "in a hurry".
There are 2 technologies for plastering GKL:
- Superficial. This technology involves coating a sheet of plasterboard with a mixture of dry putty, primer and water. This compound should be liquid, like kefir. Using a roller, this mixture is quickly and accurately applied to the wall. Thus, gypsum board is ready for wallpapering.
- Thorough. Solid technology is rarely used when working with a sheet of drywall. The spatula is usually used only to seal irregularities. However, sometimes a thorough putty is used for any violations in the installation of GCR, resulting in uneven surfaces. Also some people shpaklyuyut GKL a thorough method, if they are afraid that the color of drywall will be transmitted by wallpaper. However, the first method is usually enough to completely protect the wallpaper from rendering in the color of drywall sheets.
Substantially puttying is carried out mainly only for deformed plasterboard parts.
How to plaster the plasterboard under the wallpaper and whether it is necessary to do it
If you understand the terms, the plaster is the process of leveling the wall or ceiling with the help of special solutions that eliminate the dents on the surface due to the dense composition. Such work is carried out with base surfaces. False ceilings and walls from GKL require less labor-intensive work. Therefore, the answer to the question, whether it is necessary to plaster the GKL, is unambiguous: it is not necessary.
What you need to do with plasterboard so that the surface is flat without plaster:
- Primer sheet from fungus and moisture.
- Sealing joints with putty mix.
- Puttying the joints of the GKL and the frame and other irregularities.
- Putty the entire surface of drywall sheets.
- Finish priming the walls under the wallpaper.
Working with GKL passes without plaster, as the surface of gypsum boards is so smooth.
Putty plasterboard for painting and wallpaper-putty GKL with your own hands ( video)
Putty sheets GKL not so difficult. Therefore, take this action with all responsibility and seriousness. If you want the installation of GKL sheet sheets not to go in vain and the surface of the room looked really good, then we boldly and qualitatively shpaklyuem walls, carefully following all the rules of this case.