A person has a sense of beauty, so at every opportunity he tries to improve his home. A shelf, a niche or a table top in a bathroom made of plasterboard will allow decorating the room without resorting to expensive decor elements.
- Plasterboard in the bathroom: advantages of using
- Niche in the plasterboard bathroom - a convenient decor element
- Drywall sink for the bathroom - practical solution for any bathroom
- Some tips how to make a countertopIn the bathroom under the sink of plasterboard with their own hands
- How to make the table in the bathroom of gypsum board( video)
Shelves of plasterboard in the bathroom: advantages of using
PocheMu as the main material is used gypsum cardboard. The answer to the question is simple enough, and consists in availability, cheapness and ease of use. Let's consider in detail all the advantages.
Drywall is a versatile, plastic material that allows the construction of a wide variety of shapes.
Gypsum boards for bathrooms are treated with a special solution that prevents the occurrence of mold, which is advisable, as it is here that excessive moisture and vaporization are present.
The shelves made of gypsum board have the following advantages:
- You can specify any shapes and sizes suitable for the interior of a particular bathroomRooms, rather than the standard models that are in every furniture store.
- Thanks to the finishing materials that will be used for the cladding, the shelves can have a non-standard appearance.
- Drywall is a durable material, and the shelves designed from it are strong structures that can withstand heavy weight.
- Due to the fact that the cost of drywall sheets is not high, the shelves made of it will have a small cost price.
- Drywall does not contain harmful substances. It is a safe material that does not cause allergic reactions.
- Drywall sheets are easy to use, therefore, when designing and assembling shelves, there are no problems.
First of all, you need to make a frame that is attached to the wall. If the lighting was conceived during design, it must be installed inside the structure. Then the frame is covered with sheets of gypsum board, the corners are closed with perforated corners. The outer part of the shelf shpaklyuetsya and veneered with a finishing material. The advantages of such a shelf created by own hands is that it can be installed not only in the bathroom, but in any other room.
Niche in the bathroom of plasterboard - a convenient decoration element
Niches were used even in ancient times. It is a convenient constructive element, which is an opening in the wall and serves as a storage place for things. Niche, allows you to unload free space, make it more functional and convenient. In addition to its main purpose, the niche can serve as a location for point lighting, making the interior more romantic and mysterious.
The niche allows you to hide the elements of communications that make the external appearance of the bathroom less presentable. For example, water pipes or sewers can be hidden behind a wall.
In order to avoid that the useful area is not wasted, a niche should be built that can be used as a place for storing household chemicals or hygiene items. If you do not want the niche to stand out among the general stylistic design of the bathroom, it should be revetted with the materials that were used to decorate the walls. If you plan to allocate a niche, then bright shades and textured materials, will be excellent assistants in this matter.
Before starting to create a niche in the wall, you need to pay great attention to its appearance, size and configuration.
Niches can be:
If the width of the wall allows, it is better to organize 2-3 small ones, rather than create one wide. Free space in the niche can be filled with shelves made of glass or mirror. Thus, you can give the room a spectacular appearance.
When it is planned to place a niche near the water source, then it should be designed under a slight slope. Water splashes falling into the groove will flow unhindered, which will prevent mold and odor.
Sink for plasterboard sinks - practical solution for any bathroom
The sink drawer allows not only to make maximum use of the useful area, but will add charm to the room. Any person can do the tomb with his own hands, you do not need to be an upscale master for this. If you apply a little effort, the work will be swift and does not take much time.
If you want the cabinet to last for many years, you should take care of the facing of the drywall.
. As a finishing material, it is best to use tile or mosaic. They are very harmonious in the bathroom.
Types of pedestals:
- Suspended. It perfectly fits into the interior of a small bathroom. In addition, cleaning the flooring will not bring much difficulty. However, the suspended model of the curbstone has one drawback, it does not hide the pipes.
- Floor standing. Such a pedestal will unhindered plumbing communications. From the minuses it is worth noting that floor models are relevant only in spacious rooms. In small bathrooms, they will look unnecessarily cumbersome and bulky.
- Angular. These models will perfectly fit into small bathrooms. They are ideal for hruschevok or small-family apartments. Corner cabinet will not only hide the elements of drainage communications, but also build a place under the sink for storing household chemicals, which will save space.
Choosing the type of thumbs you need to clearly understand that it is from your solution that depends not only on the aesthetic appearance of the room, but also on its functionality.
Some tips how to make a countertop in the bathroom under the sink of plasterboard with your own hands
You need to decide on the height and diameter of the countertop. The best option is to draw a drawing that will help you determine the amount of materials you need. To create a drawing, you do not need to have a certain knowledge or be an artist. The main thing is to determine the chosen model, make all the necessary measurements and put them on paper.
When selecting a sink, be careful. The more intricate the configuration you choose, the harder it will be to make the countertop.
It's time to move on to assembly:
- The frame is mounted using metal profiles;
- Fastening is made - self-tapping screws;
- The obtained form is covered with plasterboard.
A cutout under the washbasin is cut from the drywall. The resulting gypsum board is superimposed on the structure and fastened with screws. The resulting table top is carefully treated with a waterproofing compound to prevent moisture from entering the interior.
How to make a table top in a bathroom of drywall( video)
And in conclusion, I would like to note, do not be afraid to create your own hands. Products made of gypsum cardboard will help breathe life into your family nest, make it more cozy and comfortable. Dare, you will succeed!