Designers have developed a lot of recommendations on how to hang curtains on small windows, but not all items are easy to accomplish. Besides the size, the appearance of the product causes doubt. Minimalism, classics, refinement - each of the listed directions is quite logical looks on a small-sized window, but not everyone will be able to correctly select everything. A balanced approach will help to avoid many mistakes.
- We select curtains on a narrow window: tips and tricks
- We hang curtains on a small window: photos and design receptions
- Buy or sew curtains in a village house on small windows: what is better
- Windows in the wooden house: photo
- Looking for curtains in the bath
- How to choose curtains on small windows( video)
- Curtain design in a wooden house( photo in the interior)
Choose curtains on a narrow window: tips and tricks
Refusal of lush and "heavy" materials is the key to the success of the whole work. As if the owner did not like velvet and wool, both materials in a small house should not appear. Otherwise, smaller windows will become even smaller. At the same time, the percentage of insolation - the amount of light penetrating into the room - will drop noticeably.
With extreme caution, you must treat patterned forms.
A narrow window will become more attractive if it is complemented by a floral ornament. In addition, it is allowed to use not very abstract geometric forms.
In order to design windows quickly and efficiently, beginners can rely on the following recommendations:
- You can not curtain the windows with a cloth in the "flower";
- A similar recommendation applies to abstract forms;
- To make a small window in the kitchen is necessary with the use of synthetics, which can withstand frequent washing;
- Flax or cambric is appropriate in the bedroom;
- For the living room, denser curtains and light cornices are chosen.
It is useful for a beginner to know that a small window is not an excuse to abandon design experiments. In this case, you need to be cautious, because the choice of material, its density and color is affected by several factors. It's about the functional purpose of the room, its stylistic design, the prevailing color and so on.
We hang curtains on a small window: photos and design techniques
Convert a small window will help a wider, than the opening itself, the cornice. The main thing is to correctly measure the width and height of the window. It is not superfluous to pay attention to the stylistic characteristics of the room and the degree of its illumination.
Do not make a mistake with the choice of photo gallery help ready. Based on the information provided, you can place an order.
If a person feels the strength, then you can make a cornice with your own hands.
In this case, the following decorator tips will help:
- The geometrically correct shape of the frame can be emphasized with the help of contrasting colors;
- It is not recommended to close the frame completely with a curtain - leaving a small space, you can visually add a few centimeters to the room;
- In a well-lit living room is appropriate curtain-pleated, equipped with a tension system;
- If there is not enough light in the room, then attention should be paid to the small curtains, the upper and lower edges of which are equally fixed;
- The presence of a window niche can be advantageously beat, using for this combination of Roman and traditional curtains, which are hung on the sides;
- If the room has a double-glazed window, then it will be supplemented by medium-length curtains with laces.
There are no difficulties in selecting curtains for small windows for those who are not in a hurry to the selection process. To begin with it is necessary to be defined with desirable result. Visually expand the space will help light curtains with decorative elements, and make high ceilings more acceptable - tight curtains with "viscous".Do not abandon the use of flowers on the windowsill.