Ceramic tiling is a practical and aesthetic appearance of the decor. It is advisable to use it in rooms with high humidity and evaporation, where the tiles will last a long time without deforming or changing color. In such premises - in kitchens, in bathrooms, shower rooms, materials such as plasterboard are often used for repairs. And the question is whether it is possible to glue the facing tiles on plasterboard, excites many novice masters.
- Plasterboard Tile: choose materials
- Preparing the drywall for tiling
- How to put a tile on drywall: a guide to
- action Sticking ceramic tile on drywall: Masters advice
- tile glue on plasterboard( Video)
Plasterboard for tiles: choose materials
Drywall has proved itself in internal repair work. It is used both for piers, for plumbing boxes, and for creating decorative niches in rooms.
Manufacturers of drywall offer, often, two main types of products: GKL for conventional rooms and GKLV for rooms with high humidity.
No less attention deserves selection of tiles. It should also meet a number of requirements to create a beautiful and strong wall decor. It is not necessary to save on glue for tiles and priming - they are responsible for the durability of the work done in the bathroom, and in the kitchen.
Adhesive for tiling of plasterboard with tiles:
- Cement-based glue;
- Tile adhesive( dry or liquid);
- "Liquid nails".
All three variants can be used for gluing tiles to moisture-resistant plasterboard. The type of tile at the same time does not play a significant role, but it is extremely important that the tile at the same time meet a number of general requirements.
Criteria for choosing a tile for pasting drywall:
- Smooth corners and smooth surface of tiles. It is checked by applying two tiles with faces facing each other. If there are no particularly visible gaps or roughness, the tile will lie well.
- Tile hardness. The incandescent tile is fragile, it will not last long and can crumble even at the stage of laying. A good tile makes a dull sound when tapping.
- The pattern on the tile should be clear and bright, free of defects and defects.
After you have selected all materials for future finishing work on gypsum board, you can proceed to the next stage - preparing the surface for laying the tiles.
Preparation of plasterboard for
Before starting the tiling, you need to prepare the surface of the drywall to work with it. For this, a primer is traditionally used. It has many useful properties that simplify the work with gypsum plasterboard. The initial purpose of the primer is to increase the adhesive properties of the drywall surface. In addition, it allows better alignment with irregularities( seams, screw heads, joints).
If any finishing work has been done on the surface of the plasterboard beforehand, the finishing should be done before applying the putty. This applies to removing old plasters, puttying, removing wallpaper or paint from the surface of the sheet.
In addition to adhesion, the primer has the following qualities:
- It binds dust;
- Reduces the consumption of glue for tiles;
- Reduces the degree of water absorption of gypsum board and protects against mold and fungi;
- Primer quickly dries and is easily applied;
- Resistant to humidity and high temperatures.
Apply primer to gypsum board with brush or paint roller in two layers for better tightness. The interval between layers is approximately 45 minutes. After processing with a high-quality primer, the sheets of GKL will be less prone to deformation, and the glue for tiles on them will lie evenly.
How to put tiles on drywall: a guide to the action of
After the treatment with a primer, the immediate process of laying the tiles begins. For him, you need tools such as marking pen, a wooden rake, paint mixer( drill with paddle for mixing), Spatulas for adhesive( smooth and ribbed), crosses tile. Do not be superfluous and tile cutters, because it is rare, when the length and height of the wall exactly fit for an even number of tiles.
Choose direction masonry tiles wisely if estimated in the end of the series will land more than half a tile width, start laying the tiles from the other side, which is on view at the entrance to the premises. If the remaining part is small, less than half of the tile, the laying should start from the center of the wall.
When laying the first row of tiles, horizontally install a wooden rail on the wall at a height equal to the height of the tile. So it's easier for you to make the first row even, and then focus on it.
procedure for gluing tiles on plasterboard with their hands:
- in capacity building with a mixer, mix the glue. It is better to stir a little solution at once, because it quickly freezes.
- Apply glue to the surface of the plasterboard in the place where the tiles will be glued. First, we glue the glue with a flat spatula and apply it to the wall, and then level it with a ribbed one.
- We begin to lay the tile simultaneously both horizontally and vertically. In the process of laying the joints between the tiles fill with glue.
- At the junctions of the four tiles, in order to make them look equally neat, we install markers.
- After the glue dries, remove the crosses and process the seams with a trowel for the tile of the appropriate shade. Over the grout to protect against moisture, you can walk through the liquid glass.
If you manage to put the tiles correctly, it will be a long time to please the eye, and the wall itself or the construction of plasterboard will last for many years, without succumbing to the effects of moisture or steam. This can be achieved with experience, but it will not be superfluous to find advice from masters-finishers who know the tricks of working with plasterboard and tiles.
We glue ceramic tiles on plasterboard: advice from
ceramic tiles. Ceramic tiles are a beautiful material, but require careful handling. In combination with gypsum cardboard, which, although unpretentious in work, but also has a number of features, they give a very beautiful design solution. But to reach such beauty it is possible only in two ways: using a trial and error method, or listening to the advice of more experienced masters of finishing works.
Subtleties tile on drywall:
- If you are unable to use the moisture-resistant gypsum board, you can do the usual sheets GCR.On them, so that they do not deform from moisture, you need to paste a polypropylene mesh.
- Tile adhesive is best used in the consistency of thick sour cream;
- The tiles are pressed with hands when facing. If the size of the tiles is large, you can use a small rubber hammer-kyanku;
- Do not try to paste all the tiles at a time. It is better to do this in several receptions, in 5 rows with a break of 60 minutes;
- The tile dries for about 24 hours.
That's all the subtleties.
glue tiles on plasterboard( video)
Using these techniques, the standard tools for gluing tiles and own design approach to its placement, you can give the room a beautiful view, without spending extra money on the call Brigade repairmen. Thanks to the recommendations, the tiles on the GKL will last a long time.