While doing repairs in the bathroom, many are faced with a very important problem: where to hide the intricacies of pipes, faucets, gates that inevitably are present in the toilet?With the help of modern materials, it is easy to solve this issue literally the other day without even being a specialist in the field of repair.
- How to close the pipes in the toilet with gypsum board: solutions
- How to make a plaster board in the toilet: materials and tools
- How to close the pipes in the toilet with plasterboard: step by step instruction
- We decorate the door for the box inWC
- How to decorate the tubing in the toilet
- Installation of the plasterboard in the toilet( video)
How to close the pipes in the toilet with gypsum board: solutions
Repair in the toiletThe summer does not look finished, if the communications and water supply are not open. Giving a neat look to the wall around which the pipes are located can be done in several ways, any of which can be easily realized in the premises of any area, which means they will fit even the most compact toilets or combined bathrooms.
We offer the following variants for your choice:
- The first way to design the zone where the pipes are locatedjalousie. With their help you can hide the impassive look of the pipes, they do not need to be fastened for a long time, besides, the blinds are easy to clean. The disadvantage of this design is that the blinds are not very reliable, they can break and then you will need to replace them completely.
- The second option for decorating pipes is the communication cabinet. It can be made on the principle of a conventional cabinet built into the wall, assembled from improvised materials or matched to the size, and mounted in a niche on request. The advantage of the cabinet is access to all pipes and valves. In addition, in such a cabinet, you can additionally supply shelves for household chemicals or textiles. Unfortunately, cabinets of this kind do not fit into all the interiors, but in a small bathroom, along with the shelves, they will also take up a lot of space.
- The optimum option for any design solution is a gypsum board, in which the pipes and the ventilation shaft will be closed. It is easy to manufacture, can be finished in many ways, and the shape of the box can be given, based on the characteristics of the room.
You can close the pipes in the toilet with plasterboard with a minimum of tools and materials, while spending quite a bit of time. We will describe this process further.
How to make a gypsum board in the toilet: materials and tools
The first step in designing a bathroom box: choose the size of the future design. If the bathroom is narrow, and the pipes are located along its short wall, you can sew it completely to the full width and along the entire height.
For a small number of pipes in the lower part of the wall, you can make a parapet box, which in passing will serve as a shelf.
And in a spacious toilet the box can be effectively disguised as a ledge or column. For the manufacture of the box, one of the most popular materials in modern construction is used - sheets of plasterboard. They are attached to a special profile, which can be bought at any construction store.
should be selected. For the box you will need:
- Drywall sheet of moisture-resistant( GKL);
- Profile rails( PN);
- Profile wall( also called rack, PS);
- Dowel-nails 6x60;
- Self-tapping screws for fixing drywall;
- Frog hinges for hatch.
To save space, you can replace the wall profiles that have the dimensions 50x50, the ceiling PP 60x27, and the guides 50x40 - on the ceiling guides PPN 27x28.
Toolbox for making a drywall box with your own hands, comes in handy as follows:
- Hammer drill / drill;
- Paint knife for cutting gypsum board;
- Scissors for metal / grinding for profiles;
If the issue of saving money is acute, you can replace the metal profiles with a wooden beam, and drywall with cheaper plastic panels. When all the tools are assembled, and the material is purchased, and the size of the box is determined, you can start the work on sewing plumbing pipes.
How to close the pipes in the toilet with plasterboard: Step-by-step instruction
We start with the marks on the walls and ceiling, where the profile frame of the future construction will be fixed. We expose them with a marking pencil or marker.