Drywall - a versatile material that is used in various kinds of repair work. It allows you to quickly change the state of space. But the budget will be quite optimistic. Because so popular drywall, learn how to work with which, in fact, anyone can.
- intervals( distance) fixing plasterboard
- What and how to fasten drywall own hands
- installation process: drywall how to mount, step by step instructions
- What is needed for fastening drywall to the ceiling
- Fastening drywalladhesive
- Examples of how to mount plasterboard( video)
intervals( distance) fixing plasterboard
In this case, it depends on the type of gypsum board - the lowerThe distance between the supports, the stronger the sheet will be. In this case, the best option is to glue. This method is not always suitable, because a metal profile is used.
There are building regulations, which prescribe:
- need to install the support rails at least for wall plaster than 40 cm;
- Moisture-proof GKL assumes an interval every 60 cm;
- Ceiling gypsum board - for it you need to collect from the profile a mesh with a cell size not exceeding 40 by 40 cm.
But it's not enough that you install the slats with the reference pitch.
It is very important - to make holes for screws correctly. If they are screwed very often, then the integrity of the sheet will be disturbed, it will crumble and fall out. If the fastenings are small, the consequences will be the same.
The following distance is recommended between the screws - every 20 cm. It must be taken into account that the distance from the edge of the sheet to the screw must be at least half a centimeter, otherwise the edge will crumble.
Than and how to properly mount drywall yourself
All installation work is recommended to perform the appropriate types of screws. And there are only two of them - metal screws, and screws for plasterboard. The first type of screws is divided into two subtypes: metal-metal and metal-wood. Metal-metal is needed to connect profiles. The screw on the end is equipped with a special drill, which easily allows you to connect the elements to each other.
Screw metal-wood is used, if the profile you want to attach to the wooden structure. The end of this screw is sharp, it cuts through the metal with effort, but is firmly fixed in the wood. It differs screws for gypsum board, if we talk about them, first of all, the length and thickness.
For fastening drywall, screws with black coating, phosphated, are suitable. It reduces friction, this, first, and, secondly, protects against corrosion. When cutting plasterboard, the seam will not destroy the structure of the gypsum.
installation process: how to fasten drywall, step by step instructions
drywall will consist of four stages - a measurement and drawing, the frame assembly, installation of insulation and sound insulation material, installation of drywall.
Remove the measurements and draw a plan as you see the future construction is very important.
If the plasterboard is fixed, you plan only on the wall, on the plan it is enough to display the skeleton.
- First, guides are installed - a wide U-shaped profile, it is attached to the bottom and top of the wall, or along the perimeter of the ceiling. You need to set them perfectly smoothly.
- If a gap is formed between the profile and the wall, a cardboard or wood must be inserted into it.
- Depending on which frame, the guides need to be fastened with dowels in steps of 30 cm apart. After installing the guides, the frame is mounted.
Next follows the installation of drywall.
First install one corner sheet, which is fastened with one screw. Then the level is checked and the second sampling screw is fixed to the cross. Then the sheet is crimped around the perimeter. Then the sheet is screwed to the bearing slats. This procedure requires consistent implementation.
What you need to fix the drywall to the ceiling
It's hard to work alone, so take care in advance that you have a partner. Many decide that if the sheet is cut into relatively small pieces, you can handle one. But a large number of seams horizontally will not make the ceiling beautiful.
. When the assistant is found, give him something like a long mop to work. With this tool, the assistant will hold the gypsum board while you screw it to the profile. There is also a trick to picking up the sheet from the first time.
First, the installer climbs to the scaffolding, after which the helper will give him one end of the plate, and at the same time start to raise the second end. When a squeegee gets in between the plaster and the mole, it needs to be inserted. Then the plasterboard rises to the ceiling.
Fastening of plasterboard on glue
And this variant is also encountered. But here it is assumed that the fixing surface is flat. In short, not always an adhesive method is possible in principle.
You can mount the glue on the adhesive in three ways:
- Solid. Need, as already mentioned, the ideal evenness of the wall. The surface of the sheet with a notched trowel is covered with glue putty, which is distributed along the perimeter by longitudinal strips.
- Lighthouse. When transferring a height of not more than 2 cm, it is more convenient to fasten the plasterboard to a concrete wall, applying glue to the sheets in groups.
- Plasterboard strip. First, the base is leveled, cleaned from dust, the porous surfaces are primed. Before the assembly in the sheets are cut openings for sockets. On the walls glued in advance prepared strips or squares of plasterboard. They are regulated by the level of rule and plumb line.
And one more frequent question - how and how to fix the GCR to the foam plastic. There is such advice: polystyrene paste with cement glue, and then - with the same glue drywall. You can glue the mesh on the foam, and only on top of the grid is drywall.
Examples: how to mount drywall( video)
Fastening drywall is a simple technology if you do not engage in amateur performance. Proper fixings, a good frame, tools, parts, and work will not seem difficult.