Now practically no repairs are complete without works connected with plasterboard plating. After all, this is a fairly fast and affordable process, thanks to which you can easily align the wall, ceiling or create a niche. And all this will have an ideal surface, ready for painting or wallpapering. But before that, it is necessary to seal all the joints of gypsum boards, so that to avoid failures and transitions between them. To do this, we need a sealing or reinforcing tape to prevent the formation of cracks.
- How to choose reinforced tape for drywall
- Understanding serpyanku plasterboard
- How to glue serpyanku on drywall
- Paper tape for sealing drywall
- Types tape reinforcing plasterboard( video)
Which to choose reinforced tape for drywall
The market for building materials is very wide. It impresses with its variety and assortment. Recently, many types of tapes have appeared, reinforcing joints of plasterboard.
Reinforcing tape is used to seal joints when installing gypsum board.
They differ not only in their composition, but also in the way they are applied. We will deal with the properties and relevance of each of them.
The most popular variants of such tapes are:
- Sickle is the most common reinforced tape, which includes fiberglass. Searp has the form of a lattice - on one side it is covered with an adhesive compound for simplified use.
- Paper Tape. The progenitor of all reinforcing tapes in finishing works and at the same time such a tape is actual even now. Advantages of it are enough: thin, strong, does not give in to stretching and inexpensive. There is also a Knauf paper perforated tape, thanks to the technological holes, all the air effectively leaves it - this makes it possible to make a better seam.
- Tape with metal insert. A regular paper perforated tape, in the center of which there are two zinc-coated tapes 0.2 mm thick. It is used in external indirect corners, further strengthens the angle and protects it from cracking. Due to its rigidity, this tape reduces stress on the inner metal frame.
- Damper belt. This soft and elastic tape, made of foamed polyurethane. Used to seal joints under the baseboard and in the boxes of doorways. The tape is self-adhesive and does not cause any difficulties in use.
In some situations, you can generally do without using reinforcing tapes. Basically these are those places that do not fall within the field of view of a person or the gypsum boards are additionally covered with other materials.
General information about drywall for gypsum plasterboard
The reinforcing mesh( serpus) is the most common reinforcing tape. Builders also call it - a construction bandage, in its similarity with a medical tissue. Sirloin is a fairly large mesh, consisting of fiberglass, impregnated with acrylic glue, on the one hand.
The serpent is better suited for surfaces where the thickness of putty is not more than 1 mm.
It can be used both in the case of preventing cracks and as restoration work, when a crack is formed and it is necessary to prevent its further divergence.
Sickle is used in the following types of reinforcement:
- Sealing joints in joints of ceiling slabs;
- Preventing and eliminating cracks in walls and ceilings;
- Reinforcement of joints GKL, GVL, chipboard and other sheathing materials;
- Additional sealing of wall-ceiling transitions.
Sickle is widely used in various types of work, but at high loads it can stretch. This leads to a violation of the integrity of the seam. Therefore, in certain cases it is more expedient to paste a paper reinforcing tape with special impregnation.
How to glue a sickle on a drywall
Before you start to glue a sickling, you need to prepare a pasted surface - to sand and blow from dust and other debris. Due to this, reliable adhesion of the putty, and, consequently, of the reinforcing tape itself is ensured.
Sequence of the process of gluing:
- Priming of the required surface and subsequent drying;
- Mixing of putty mixture to a dense plastic state;
- Putting putty, by pressing into the cavity formed at the junction;
- Laying reinforcing mesh on the formed putty layer;
- Grinding the spatula with a spatula to completely enter the putty layer( the grid must be completely immersed);
- Application of an additional small layer of putty, leveling the entire surface.
- Final finishing with a finishing gypsum mixture and sanding with sandpaper or other abrasive material.
As you can see, the process of applying reinforcing tape does not represent any particular difficulties. If all the necessary standards are observed, the result will be on the person.
Paper tape for sealing gypsum cardboard joints
Despite the widespread prevalence of the Serbian, the paper tape, being a classic in the GKL reinforcement, is still relevant. After all, it is known that paper itself is short-lived material and, in contact with the environment, deteriorates with time, losing its properties.
The presented view is highly durable, and is recommended for strengthening joints.
But in the process of reinforcement, everything is different and, given a number of advantages, it is still worth paying attention to this type of reinforcing tape.
Advantages of use:
- Thin. Due to this, you can eliminate any minor defects, including over the finished plane.
- Good grip with putty. Consequently, the putty mixture in combination with the paper becomes one whole, providing inextricable communication, including with GCR.
- Cheapness. Since the paper is cheap enough material, the tape is also a relatively inexpensive product, with the exception of those impregnated with special substances, to improve properties.
- Easy to use. With paper it is easiest to handle, and given that such tapes, as a rule, have a self-adhesive basis, then the installation process will not be difficult.
Perforated tapes are an excellent option for beginners who have not yet clung to the correct proportions of putty. They will not have to worry about the excessively thick layer on which the ribbon will lie. It is enough to press the tape with a spatula and stretch it out, as the excess of the mixture leaves the perforation. Thanks to this method, it will be possible to prevent the formation of air, which will disturb the entire technological process.
Kinds of reinforcing tape for gypsum board( video)
In the construction, and in particular in gypsum boards, the stage of reinforcement of joints and corners is very important. After all, in such cases, as sudden changes in temperature, humidity and vibration - cause cracking of weak points - joints GKL.And even a reliable fastening and a qualitatively made metal frame will not give you a guarantee of maintaining the integrity of a flat surface. The putty mixture, despite the fact that it is hard, is brittle enough and can crack from time or external influences. Increasing its strength properties and crack resistance at times can be achieved by using a reinforcing tape, and you do not have to worry about the nearest cosmetic repairs.