wall and ceiling drywall - a piece of history from which no hurry to give up today. On how to properly install drywall, there is a separate material. But about the fasteners, to be exact - about the fastening butterfly for the work with GKL it is worth to say more.
- dowels butterfly plasterboard: it is
- Classification fastenings for plasterboard butterfly
- What are the advantages of fasteners for drywall butterfly
- rules fixing dowels butterfly
- Where used crabs plasterboard
- Forms plugs for plasterboard: butterfly( video)
dowels butterfly plasterboard: it is
this device is a simple screw, easy to use, inexpensive, durable - because withallowances are using it in a home repair, advised to use it in the holder and professionals. The product itself is a part of the fixing device that is fixed on the supporting surface.
second part of the fastening member - it's threaded fasteners, which looks like a screw or a screw. Previously, until the middle of the last century, wooden chopics were used, but thanks to the invention of Arthur Fisher in 1958, the system was simplified by the presence of a plastic dowel.
That is, in itself the design is more than simple: a spacer or moving part, and indisputable or static. During screwing in the threaded fasteners, the spacer expands, thereby making the connection durable. And thanks to the edge of the hole, the dowel does not fall into the gypsum board, and does not rotate in it.
Classification of fasteners for drywall butterfly
The harpoon principle can be considered the main principle in the fastening device for GCR.Thanks to this principle, a strong, reliable fastening is provided. In fact, there are two groups of such fastenings.
fastenings dowels Butterfly:
- Globe. They are used for fastening on the ceiling. This option is good for massive chandeliers, sports equipment and other devices that assume a large load on the mount.
- Expandable. This type of fasteners is used when suspending not very heavy objects( up to 15 kg).
But by design the dowel can be: a nail, cork, Molly, screw, spacer, bolt, Mungo, anchor, screw, plug-butterfly.
The material for the manufacture of dowels can be metal and plastic.
Metal dowel offers different options for the alloy: brass, stainless steel, etc. A plastic dowel is made of nylon, polyethylene, etc. By the way of installation, the dowels are divided into driven and screwed.
What are the advantages of fasteners for drywall butterfly
Do butterfly dowels really have many advantages. First, it is sold with a self-cutter of the required length, the type and diameter required. This design is universal, which allows the threaded fasteners to be replaced with a more suitable one. It can be a ring or a hook.
. Secondly, such fasteners are reliably installed in the drywall sheet - this is helped by the ribbed surface, this is the guarantee of the quality of installation. A thread is applied to the far head, which is necessary for a good clamping, but internal special pawls give the construction the necessary rigidity.
The versatility of fastening is that this kind of dowel is used for both chipboard and plywood, and not just for drywall.
It is also interesting that a plastic twelve-millimeter dowel will withstand several twists, which is very practical. This attracts the buyer. The price is quite consistent with the quality of the product, and it does not matter whether it is plastic or metal.
Rules for fastening the butterfly dowel
Fastening of the dowel-butterfly is carried out in just a couple of minutes. And, nevertheless, here we need our own rules. It is worth considering them.
How to secure the plug:
- First, the place where the fasteners will be marked;
- Drill drill a hole - such that a plastic dowel enters it;
- This hole should be approximately 4 mm wider than the dowel - the dowel will widen slightly when a screw cuts into it;
- The fastener is fastened to the screwdriver, on which the desired object should be suspended;
- As far as it will stop, the screw is twisted into the dowel: at this moment the dowel is folded behind the GCR, and this can be felt during twisting;
- With a little effort, pull on the outer fastener, so check the strength of the fastening.
Sometimes the fastening butterfly and the screw that is attached to this fastener are longer than the space between the wall and the plaster board. In this situation, a drill is drilled in the hole in the wall, which allows you to easily insert the anchor bolt, screw the screwdriver.
Where to use crabs for drywall
Crabs( choose any size) provide a metal frame strength. And without a metal frame, the rare sheathing will be of high quality. Crab is considered the most reliable connector. And since it is inexpensive, it is also an advantageous acquisition.
- Even in a very large area of overlapping, the crab allows the installation of a frame;
- Thanks to a single-level crab, a very rigid frame structure is obtained, the load to it is not terrible both static and dynamic;
- If you make a false ceiling, then without such fasteners as a crab just can not do.
It is not difficult to use a crab - take the crab down, place it on the profile and snap it( with a little effort).After this, from the four ends you need to bend the antennae, attach it to the main profile. The crab is installed - you can proceed with the installation of jumpers.
Kinds of plasterboard dowels: butterfly( video)
The choice of fasteners is not the last thing to repair. Always purchase fasteners in proven locations and from proven manufacturers. And you can calculate the necessary amount of fasteners in an online calculator, these services are easy to find on the Internet.