Two-level ceilings are often used for decorating spacious bedrooms and living rooms. This design looks nice, and is very durable. To build a two-level ceiling can be made of plasterboard or plastic panels. As a lighting, it is customary to use spotlights. A good alternative to spotlights can be compact chandeliers and LED-tapes.
- Trey ceilings made of plastic with light: Doing their own hands
- Installation of two-level ceiling of plasterboard with lighting
- How to mount lighting for the two-level ceilings
- Can I use the LED strips to illuminate the two-level ceiling
- Two-level ceiling with illumination by one's own hands( video)
- Design of two-level ceilings with illumination in the hall( interior photo)
Two-Plastic backlit with backlight: do it yourself
PVC panels are often used in the design of ceilings. This material is wear-resistant and durable. In addition, plastic panels do not deform under the influence of moisture or temperature differences.
Before installing the 2-level ceiling, you must carefully prepare the surface. It is necessary to remove the remains of putty and other finishing materials without fail. If there are defects on the ceiling, it is desirable to apply a primer to the base surface.
Mount Technology two-level ceiling of plastic:
- Set around the perimeter of the ceiling UD and CD profiles.
- Next, a second level crate is made. The frame is made in the same way, however, you need to use a special profile of several vertical inserts.
- Pull out the wiring and isolate it with a corrugation.
- Next, coat the first-level frame with plastic panels. They are attached to each other with the help of the "spike-groove" system. To fix plastic panels it is desirable to use self-tapping screws. Use parts made of stainless steel because they are more durable and long-lasting.
- Sew a second-level frame in the same way. If there is a small difference between the levels, then remove it with a plastic strip.
- Insert the last panel into the wall corner.
- After assembling the decorative molding is carried out( the plinth).
- After a two-level ceilings are assembled, install lighting.
Installation of two-level ceiling of plasterboard with lighting
Collect two-level design with their own hands can be of plasterboard. This material is more durable and durable than plastic. However, the cost of drywall is slightly higher.
Before starting work, you need to select the right material. If you plan to install a two-level ceiling in the hall, then conventional sheets such as GVL.To arrange the kitchen is better to buy moisture-resistant plasterboard.
How to install a two-level ceiling:
- Put markings on the ceiling.
- Pull out the wiring and isolate it.
- Attach the guiding profile and straight hangers to the surface.
- After you install the frame, strengthen the intersection of the vertical and horizontal parts of the structure with the help of "crabs".
- Cut from the drywall sheet chamfer.
- Cut out the required configuration sheet.
- Fasten the first panel to the crate and fix it with screws.
- Similarly, sew the entire frame.
- Install the decorative molding.
- Then you can start finishing. It is best to apply ordinary shpaklevku on gypsum plasterboard construction.
- Next, you need to start installing point lights or chandeliers.
How to install lighting for two-level ceilings
If you install two-level ceilings in a hall, then as a lighting it is best to use a chandelier. It is desirable to use compact products. In order to install the chandelier, you need to pre-mount the mount.
Mounting the chandelier in the following order:
- Screw the anchor hook to the two-level ceiling. Fix it with dowels.
- Glue the heat-resistant plastic ring under the hook.
- Cut a hole in the canvas and pull the wiring.
- Attach the chandelier to the hook.
- Connect the wiring to the lighting fixture using the terminals.
- Check the functionality of the structure.
Also as a backlight you can use spotlights. They are mounted easier than a chandelier. In the spot lights you can mount halogen, energy-saving or LED lamps.
How to assemble the spotlights:
- Drill holes in the canvas.
- Strip the tail that comes complete with a spotlight.
- Bend the springs of the spot, and insert the luminaire into the hole.
- Remove the corkscrew.
- Install the lamp and put on the thermo ring.
Can I use an LED strip for lighting a two-level ceiling
If you do not like spotlights or chandeliers, then you can use LED lighting. It is best to use single-color RGB-tapes with an integrated controller.
With the help of LED tape you can make a "starry sky".This lighting will look good in the living room or bedroom. It is easy to make a "starry" sky - it is enough just to glue individual elements of the LED tape to the ceiling with the help of a special adhesive solution.