Liquid wallpaper is a material you can make by yourself, and this process is truly creative. As well as remove them, too, you can yourself. And there are several ways to remove old wallpaper without damaging the wall.
- How to remove the liquid wallpaper from the wallVideo)
How to remove liquid wallpaper with a spatula
You will need directly the spatula itself, as well as a bucket of water and a brush.
The whole process will consist of three steps:
- Pour warm( necessarily warm) water into the bucket. Brush sufficiently abundantly moistened in water and moisten the walls, not sparing water. This procedure is repeated several times, until the wallpaper is softened.
- Water should properly impregnate the wallpaper, then with a spatula or a scraper blade you remove the finish. It is possible to do this qualitatively only with full plasticity of the wallpaper. Then it will be easy to shoot the wallpaper.
But, it happens that it's not so easy to take off the wallpaper.
If liquid wallpaper is difficult to remove
Sometimes liquid wallpaper is glued to such a strong adhesive that the coupling with the surface is just "dead", and the method of maceration here does not fit. But in this case there are several solutions to the problem.
This is the case if the liquid wallpaper you applied to the unpurified surface - on the same paint. It turns out that the air dryer penetrates the wallpaper itself, softens the paint, it is removed by the scraper immediately with liquid wallpaper.
This process is certainly not fast, but effective.
Direct grinding machine
You can remove the coating if you press the working tool tightly against the wall. Such grinding of the walls will take a lot of time, and of course, physical strength will come in handy. And dust-free this procedure can not be called. But if the water does not come off the wallpaper, this method will help accurately.
You will need a tool with a reinforced enclosure and high power. Used Bulgarians as well as a direct polishing machine. But the work will go faster. If this tool is misused, the job can be dangerous.
There is one more, alternate option. He reduces to masking the old liquid wallpaper. If the wallpaper is textured, grind off the particularly prominent parts, if the wallpaper is smooth - give them the necessary roughness, in order to better connect the wall with the subsequent coating. After that, the wall should be primed and covered with putty. Well, when the putty dries, you can start finishing.
The liquid for removing wallpaper: what is this
There is also such an option to get rid of old wallpaper. The liquid for their removal consists of surface-active substances, as well as defoamers, special additives. Since the wallpaper paste is usually made from starch, it requires a good organic substance to dissolve it. If you buy branded glue, then surely the manufacturer can offer you a liquid for its cleavage.
You do not have to worry about the allergenicity of such a composition, at the heart of the liquid is still absolutely harmless water. In addition, no tangible chemical smells, this liquid does not have, but outwardly it resembles an ordinary detergent.
Well, if antiseptics are added to the special liquid, it protects the walls from mold and fungi.
How to use the
wallpaper removal fluid It happens that even when the liquid is applied, the wallpaper is held firmly on the wall. Then they will have to help them with the same spatula.
How to remove the wallpaper:
- Gently pry the blade with a spatula at the edge, pull it lightly from the wall;
- The average flow rate is half a liter per 100 squares of the wall;
- The liquid is dissolved by ordinary tap water, and it can be used immediately;
- Apply the liquid with a regular sponge, which you wash the dishes;
- But if you want to apply a liquid more qualitatively, use a spray gun, so the fluid consumption will be economical and it will be applied evenly to the surface.
How to remove liquid wallpaper from a wall( video)
It is sometimes not so easy to remove liquid wallpaper, but if one method did not help, another will definitely help. Before buying a liquid, try simply to soak the glue, maybe the wallpaper will come off like that, and you will not have to spend it.
Good luck in work!