A ladder made of metal or wood can become a true work of art precisely thanks to exquisitely and unusually designed fences. Modern fences of stair flights and platforms include such elements as handrails, horizontal or inclined parts of the fence. When climbing or descending on the march or spiral staircase, a person leans and the baluster fastenings, the vertical fencing elements on which the handrails are mounted, must be strong. Depending on the structure of the enclosure, additional elements can be added to it, or, conversely, the entire structure can only include handrails.
- Functional purpose of the enclosure for stairs
- Competent guardrail of stairs: GOST 25772 83
- Glass fences for stairs and other types: application notes
- Accessories for staircase guarding
- Height of staircase guard
- How to make a staircase guard
- What should be the enclosure of the stairs( video)
- Detail: stair guards( photo examples)
Functionality ogreAspiration for stairs
According to statistics, injuries and injuries "acquired" in the staircase are the result of incorrect human behavior. Due to incorrect behavior during ascent or descent, age, problems with shoes, etc.
In addition, 20% of injuries occur onFault of the wrong state of the ladder structure, they are:
- Slippery steps;
- Wrong sizes: width, height, position of the steps;
- Wrong calculation of the distance between balusters;
- No handrails;
- Presence of protruding parts on the fence and sharp corners;
- Not reliable weld, etc.
To create maximum safety, it is necessary to properly create a project for enclosure of staircases. An excellent assistant here will be the regulatory documentation, which regulates the fencing of the staircase. The original staircase fences should be constructed in accordance with GOST 25772.
Competent fencing of stairs: GOST 25772 83
The main document that regulates the construction and operation of metal ladders can be called the state standard 25772 83 act "Enclosures of stairs, balconies and roofsSteel ".According to this documentation, any ladder design, which consists of more than 3 steps, is required to have a railing.
Of course, for private construction, these requirements do not necessarily have to be observed. However, all the same, they should be heeded. After all, fences are a guarantee of security when climbing and descending for each person. This state standard refers to other indicators, the main ones of which are presented below.
In order not to lose time, the basic requirements and norms are given:
- 900 mm - minimum for the width of the ladder.
- Maximum of steps in 1 march - 18 pcs. You can also make higher spans.
- The step height is 160-200 mm.
- 300 mm - the correct( optimal) width of the step.
- The correct width of the ladder handrail is 55-85 mm.
- 900-1200 mm - the correct height of the stair railing in the house.
- You can arrange an additional handrail if the house is occupied by children.
- 100 mm - recommended distance between balusters.
- 300 mm - the limit for the hanging end of the handrail.
- 150 mm - the maximum between balusters.
- 100 kg is the design load.
It is very important to conduct a competent calculation - this is a guarantee of security. These are general requirements. Below in the article, the accessories and materials of the staircase construction should be considered in more detail.
Glass fences for stairs and other types: application notes
The staircase is an important process, it concerns ready structures in pre-schools, industrial ladders and any other. Each design is equipped with at least 1 handrail. The type of handrail is determined by the place where the installation is performed.
The choice of the shape of the handrail depends on the comfort of use, complexity and price, as well as on the level of installation, aesthetics, staircase stylistic direction, which can be made in the modernist style, classic, different versions.
Metal ladder fences can be finished with any material. Recommendations for the application of each are contained in the relevant GOST and SNIP documents. The most popular among the building materials for the manufacture of railings is metal and wood.
- Forged .Forged rails and balusters allow to make a staircase fence in any style direction. However, most successfully look in large spaces, created in the style of the classic. At the ladder, fenced by forging, greater reliability, resistance to liquids. An excellent option to install on the street. A significant disadvantage of such fences is their price. The installation of wrought iron handrails is thought out even at the stage of project creation and when estimates are made, as they have a solid weight and cost. To make tactile sensations on contact with forging pleasant, the handrails are made of wood. In an extreme case, they can be combined. In residential premises and in buildings of schools, other buildings, all the details, fittings, construction, style matter. It is also important to test before commissioning. Verification will ensure safety.
- steel, as a building material for fencing, is good in that it does not lose its original appearance, is not rust-proof, durable. Exclusive design, including a stainless steel railing, is appropriate in public or residential buildings in the Art Deco or Art Nouveau style. However, they are not difficult to install, and their configuration can be quickly changed.
- Chrome is also ideal for handrails. This is steel, only coated with a special compound. The chrome-plated structure looks good can be used for roofing, balconies, etc.
- Anodized aluminum .Beautiful metal handrails are often covered with wood.
- Application glass as a building material for fencing, provides an opportunity to make a design that does not close the frame of the ladder, will not hide the opening. Visible lightness - that's what makes it possible for glass to occupy one of the first positions in finishing the ladder. Glass is durable, resistant to moisture and rust, undemanding in care. Replace glass railing can plexiglas, an excellent idea for a house where there are children. Such constructions are safe.
- Construction on the second floor of the wood .A wooden fence for the ladder makes it possible to level out the metallic cold and make it more comfortable. Wooden railings are universal and organically looked in the room with any style, whether it's a studio apartment or a private house. The wooden structure is always cozier and more harmonious.
- PVC is not often used for the manufacture of handrails. Installation is inexpensive. Railings are light and easy to clean.
Of course, there are exceptions to the rules - wooden and metal staircase without fencing. This is not safe for internal models and external staircases.
Accessories for stair railings
Vertical, prefabricated stairs include the following metal fencing.
It consists of:
- Pipe and connecting elements;
- Handrails made of wood;
- Fastening of a rack to a step;
- Fence rails;
- Fixing the filling;
- Plugs for pipes;
- Glass mounting;
- Anchor fasteners and glue.
Accessories can be different, it all depends on the type of construction, can include cable elements, etc.
Height of the enclosure of the
One of the conditions of SNiP for staircases indicates that the height of the enclosure in home buildings should be - 900 mm. If among the households there are kids, then this figure will be - 1200 mm. Mounting the gaps should not allow the toddler to climb the railing. To do this, the distance between the balusters should not be more than 10 cm, and in the intervals between them there should be no horizontal parts. The documentation presents a number of limitations for staircases in working buildings. Here the height of the railing is not less than 1000 mm.
By type of design are divided into:
- Solid. A typical, protective, solid structure is excellent for homes with children.
- With balusters.
The most beautiful - ornamental. Also, the staircases can be leaning on the side, the ladders, on the kosoura, roofing for the roofs, when you need to get to the pipes. The latter can act as snegozaderzhateli and in each particular case, the height is determined by regulations or individual calculations. In addition, a large number of convenient modular structures can be found on the market. The choice depends on the taste, purpose and financial possibilities. The preliminary drawing is better done in the format dwg.
How to make a staircase guard
The sequence of actions is very important.
And it is:
- Calculate the number of balusters, the length of the railings, the number of fasteners. If the staircase is screwed to the upper room, then the angle of rounding for the handrails must be taken into account.
- Install the baluster on a step or string.
- The rail is attached to the balusters, which is closed by a handrail. The handrail can not be attached to the rail.
- Stripping is in progress.
- The decoration, decoration, lighting is carried out.
What should be the stair railings( video)
Thus, the installation of fences for ladder structures made of wood and metal is an important element, which makes it possible to increase the level of reliability, aesthetics and safety of the structure.