specialists. As a rule, the aluminum or PVC profile from which the balcony blocks are made, as well as the door hardware, can withstand the operational loads well. However, incorrect operation, physical wear or initially incorrect installation of the door leads to the fact that the restoration of the doors of the PVC balcony with own hand or with the participation of specialists becomes inevitable. How to repair plastic balcony doors, read on.
- Basic malfunctions when repairing the balcony door
- Understand how to repair the plastic door to the balcony
- What to do if the plastic balcony door does not close
- How to change the handle on the plastic balcony door
- How to fixSagging balcony plastic door
- How to remove the balcony plastic door( video)
Basic malfunctions in the repair of the balcony door
TMemo that at home with their own hands can be repaired only small fault balcony doors. To minor repairs of the balcony door can be attributed some operations.
- Aligning the door position;
- Troubleshooting the handle;
- Replacement of rubber seals and guides located at the bottom;
- Adjustment of the clamp.
In case if the double-glazed window is seriously damaged or there is another major failure, then it is better to entrust such work to the service companies who install and repair plastic windows. It should be noted that when replacing any removable door components, it is necessary to use spare parts or consumables, similar to those previously installed.
Understand how to repair the plastic door to the balcony
Most often, during the operation of the balcony block, there are faults in the operation of the door. This structural element often has a significant mass( about 40 kg, depending on the thickness of the profile) and is most intensively exploited, which leads over time to the occurrence of minor defects in the operation of the door.
Typically, the elimination of this type of fault is achieved by adjusting the position of the door and the degree of pressing the door to the balcony unit.
. The fittings must be adjusted every year. Independent adjustment of the door is carried out in the autumn period, tk. It is likely that in the summer the door was often opened and sagged, due to which, during the winter, when the door is closed, it blows. To adjust the hexagonal screws located on the hinges, you must use a special hexagonal wrench.
The adjustment stroke is as follows:
- To raise or lower the door, close the door and insert the key from the side of the room into the screw located on the lower hinge. Then turn the screw clockwise to open the door, or counterclockwise, to lower the door accordingly.
- To move the door to the right or to the left, you need to open it and insert the key into the hexagon screw located on the end of the lower hinge. Turn the key clockwise, move the door to the left, and, turning the key counterclockwise, to the right. In the same way, you can adjust the position of the door with a special screw located on the upper loop.
- Adjust the door clamp as follows. To create the optimal operation of the casement, turn the fittings of the fittings located on the door leaf with a special key or pliers. With the vertical arrangement of eccentrics, the door leaf is adjacent to the block with the greatest clearance, and with the horizontal one - with the smallest.
- The clamp on the hinge side is adjusted by turning the hexagon bolts located on the side of the door hinges.
Ideal pressing when a sheet of paper clamped in a closed door can be released with difficulty.
What to do if the plastic balcony door does not close
As a rule, with proper manufacture and installation of doors and windows, the incorrect opening of the door is prevented by various blockers. But it happens that in the position of the handle "horizontally" there was an accidental turn of the handle downward or upward, and the door seemed to vomit out of the upper scissors, i. The door does not close.
The procedure is as follows:
- Press the door firmlyTo the balcony block;
- Slightly move the handle so that the lock and door are in place;
- Close the door.
The second option, when the door does not close, can be in case the door clings to the bottom( the lower left corner behind the balcony block).You can remove this point - you need to contact the specialists of the service department, as, most likely, you need to adjust the size of the diagonals of the door.
Instruction: how to change the handle on the plastic balcony door
When asked why or why the handle of the balcony door has broken, repair specialists give the exact answer. Thus, the breakage of the handle can occur for two reasons: a poor-quality hardware is installed, or excessive efforts have been exerted on the handle during the operation of the handle, resulting in a handle handle with a metal pin when trying to open the door or windows again.
To replace the handle of the balcony door, it is necessary:
- Slide aside the decorative handle strip, unscrew the 2 bolts and remove the handle.
- Next, you need to install a new handle, similar to the broken one.
- Repair the malfunction during the opening and closing of the door, which led to the fact that the handle had to be replaced.
In addition, in some cases it happens that the handle is jammed( but there is a slight play), and the door does not open. To eliminate, it is necessary to take hold of the handle with your left hand, and at the same time insert the fingers of your right hand into the slot that formed at the top loop. Simultaneously open the handle, and simultaneously pull the door leaf toward you. Adjust the clamping of the fittings, since a minimum clamping is preferable for the fittings of some manufacturers. Thus, it is recommended to set the eccentric clamps in a vertical position corresponding to the minimum clamping force.
The most common way is that the door handle does not close completely. To eliminate this operational defect, it should be checked whether the door leaf has not sunk. To do this, unscrew the counterplate located on the side of the hinges at the end in the middle of the door.
If the door is closed easily and the knob is turned to the end with the unscrewed return plate, the counterplate should be moved a short distance up or down.
In this case, the optimal distance and the direction of movement of the bar are established experimentally. In addition to the movement of the counter plate, in order to eliminate slack in the door, it is necessary to adjust the hexagonal screws located on the door hinges. When correcting the faults of the door, you should act carefully, and in some cases it is advisable to consult specialists.
How to fix the sagging balcony door
In case of a plastic balcony door slack, it is observed that to close the door, it is necessary to exert effort and, as it were, to lift the door when it slams. The door does not close tightly without additional effort. When you open the door, it seems to cling to the bottom of the doorway.
In order to eliminate this discrepancy, you should use the hexagonal adjusting screws located on the hinges of the balcony door. Turning the screws on the move or against the clockwise direction, achieve easy opening and closing the door. It should be noted that if the door sagged, it also often creaks. In this case, the correction of faults consists in aligning the door and lubricating the loops with engine oil.
When checking the quality of the installation of the door, be sure to pay attention to how easy it is to open and close the balcony door. In addition, if the door is installed correctly, then turning the handle does not need to exert special efforts.
How to remove the balcony plastic door( video)
Summing up, it can be noted that to maintain the balcony plastic door in working order follows the annual adjustment of the clamp and the position of the door with respect to the vertical and horizontal. In addition, it is necessary to timely troubleshoot problems and contact specialists, if necessary.