Designing a children's room is one of the most important repair areas in an apartment. I really want to invest in this room a piece of my soul, make it special, warm and cozy.
Today the painting of a children's room with its ownhands. Walls in such a situation can become the background of a design composition that sets the tone for all other decoration. Moreover, painting walls in a nursery can be combined with similar motifs on furniture. So, let's deal with it.
What are the techniques for wall painting
- Acrylic painting.
- Screen printing.
- Use of luminous paints.
This wall painting technique is based on the use of different gray tones to achieve a 3D image effect.
In this technique, the most common, convenient, simple, use acrylic based dyes.
Advantages of acrylic dyes
- Fast drying.
- No abrasive odor.
- Water resistance.
This kind of painting for those who can not draw, but really wants. Stencils of various sizes make it possible to paint walls, as well as children's furniture. Ie, you can create a kind of "kit".For such purposes, you can buy ready-made stencils, and you can create them yourself.
From what you can make stencils
- Dense PVC film.
What comes in handy
- Film or thick paper.
- Stationery knife.
How to make a stencil
- Find the desired image on the Internet and print it.
- Cut out the pattern and attach it to the film or cardboard with adhesive tape.
- Circle the outline of the image.
- Cut out the details of the drawing with a clerical knife.
Screen printing technology
- Attach the stencil to the wall in several places with adhesive tape.
- Circle outlines.
- Color the image with a round brush, sponge or spray. It is better to apply the paint in several layers to obtain an even effect. After drying, fix the pattern with varnish.
If you choose this technique, you will need balloons with aerosol paints. To draw them, you need to have certain skills.
Painting with luminous paints
This painting is good for kids who are afraid of the dark. Using special dyes, you will get a nice panel in the afternoon, and at night - a kind of replacement for a night lamp.
What may be needed for wall painting
- Starting and finishing putty.
- Simple pencil and ruler.
- Brushes with natural pile of various sizes, roller.
- Paints( most often, facade acrylics) and lacquer.
- Dishes for water.
Wall surface preparation
- Thoroughly clean the surface of the wall from dirt, dust and old coating residue.
- Inspect the wall for cracks and irregularities.
- Fill the found defects with plaster filler.
- Sand the cracks with sandpaper.
- Treat the surface of the wall with a finishing putty and ground again.
- Create a sketch with a simple pencil.
- Pour the borders of the future panel with the construction tape.
- Begin coloring from the background, then go to the large details, then proceed to draw small things.
- Allow the paint to dry thoroughly.
- Open the surface of the entire image with a varnish.
- Wait until the lacquer is completely dry.
- After this, polish the "painting" with a dry brush.
- Acrylic paints can not be diluted with other types of paints.
- The drying temperature of acrylic based dyes should be at least 10 ° C.
- To apply a sketch, just use a pencil that is hard and soft with an average degree of visibility.
- Buy white paint more than necessary according to calculated data. It can be used to dilute the colors of other colors, while getting more calm tones.
- To facilitate the transfer of a drawing from a sketch to a wall, use a square pattern. Ie, first apply a grid on the sheet with a picture, then draw a proportionally the same grid on the wall. Then alternately transfer the image from each cell, maintaining the proportions.
- If you are painting for the first time, choose simple images with clear, straight lines.
Which subjects are appropriate for painting a children's room? Heroes of children's cartoons and fairy tales, flowers, Teddy bear cubs, dolls, little animals, etc. Doing painting in the nursery, you can recreate in the room the atmosphere of a fairytale forest with trees and mountains on the walls and sky on the ceiling.
But, here it's important not to overdo it with saturated colors. Although, children like everything bright. However, one must realize that the child will spend a lot of time in this room. And half a day, he will be forced to contemplate the pictures, "semaphores," which can exert an exciting influence on his fragile psyche. It is better, nevertheless, to give preference to soft pastel shades. It should be remembered that in the same room the baby has to calm down, getting ready for bed.
Examples of painting the walls in the nursery are selected in the photo:
But you do not have to copy one of the pictures in the photo. Show your imagination, remember what your kid is delighted with, and go! And the room, definitely, will not be typical and devoid of individuality.