Drywall is the ideal material for embodying the most original and interesting interior solutions. Recently, this material is used everywhere. Fortunately, that there was a so-called "moisture-resistant plasterboard" - it can be safely used even in the bathroom, even on the balcony - because he is not afraid of high humidity and nep. In addition, it is not difficult to work with this material. Thanks to a little skill, finishing the balcony with gypsum board is under the power even of the most inexperienced newbie builder.
Finishing the balcony with gypsum plasterboard
Drywall on the balcony - this is an excellent solution for an isolated ordinary balcony. But do
not put on gypsum cardboard unthinkable hopes: in order to protect the premises from rain and wind, always use a heater and airtight double-glazed windows.
Advantages of drywall
- No allergic reaction.
- Fire resistance.
- Providing a normal microclimate.
- Thermal insulation.
- Good foundation for finishing.
What to look for before starting work
- Do not overload the balcony plate, because it does not have any additional supports.
- Part of the load can be divided into a metal frame - it must be made solid and fixed on the supporting wall.
- Give up the brick - no need to overload the balcony in addition.
Interior cladding of the balcony with plasterboard
Before starting work on the plasterboard paneling of the balcony, it is necessary to carry out glazing work. On the balcony you can use window frames from any material: wood, plastic, metal. As for the finish, there is also a variety: boarding( both plastic and wooden), lining, gypsum board, cork, siding, MDF, PVC or plastic panels. Such materials will last for dozens of years, they do not require special maintenance, besides installation is not difficult. Nevertheless, when everything depends on the cost of the material and the main criterion of choice is the price-quality ratio, most often the scale tends to the side of the plasterboard. In addition, the thermal insulation of the balcony with gypsum plasterboard is widely used today.
Exterior cladding of the balcony with plasterboard
Drywall is also used for exterior cladding of a balcony. Before starting repair work, decide whether the exterior decoration of the balcony you are planning to be in harmony with the appearance of the building, as an unsuccessful decision will lead to claims that either at home, or from neighbors, or from supervisory authorities.
The outer covering of the balcony is necessarily carried out with the use of a moisture-proof material with strength and durability. This material should be easy to use. After the cladding with such material, the balcony not only becomes reliable and warm, but also externally very attractive. Balcony of plasterboard - the photo can be seen below, has all the above advantages.
What you might need
- Waterproofing film( roofing felt, ruberoid).
- Steam insulation film.
- Wooden slats( 20X40) or metal profile.
- Hydraulic level.
- Dowels-nails( or dowels-screws).
- Heater( expanded polystyrene, mineral wool, ecothermix, URSA XPS).
- Hacksaw for wood.
- Hacksaw for metal.
- Scissors for metal.
- Electric jig saw.
- Stapler for furniture.
- Release the balcony. Yes, that's right - completely free. Many newcomers, thinking that while they are working with one wall, to another you can move all the trash. Absolutely a losing option. Spend one day better, but free up the entire room.
- On the walls fix the material for waterproofing. This can be a waterproofing film, or a common roofing material or roofing felt.
- Install a crate on walls and ceiling. For this purpose, the wooden slats or the metal profile are installed perpendicular to the skin( approximately 30 to 50 cm apart).If you still use wood, do not forget to leave the thermal clearances( no more than 30 mm).Thanks to this maneuver, the slats will be protected from warpage when expansion and shrinkage of the tree will occur. The lowest rail is to be attached at a height of 5 cm from the floor, and the uppermost one is at the same level as the ceiling crate.
- Carry out fastening. The cladding is secured with dowel-nails( screws).In order for the installation to have a flat surface, do not forget to apply the level.
- Fit the insulation. In the gaps between the crate as a heater can use different materials. After insulation, it is necessary to lay the vapor barrier film.
- Install the cladding.
Gypsum boarding is a universal solution for the balcony, since this material can be covered with liquid wallpaper or using decorative plaster on top. A good solution is the ceiling of the plasterboard on the balcony.
- Drywall is a sheet material, so you must first carefully measure the size, and then cut off the necessary number of sheets of drywall.
- To the metal frame, gypsum board is fixed with screws - special screws for doing this work.
- Before performing the ceiling lining, you need to conduct wiring, protecting it with corrugated pipes.
- All the seams left after docking the sheets must be puttied and then glued with reinforcing tape.
- The filler is filled with grooves from the screws.
- After the joints dry, proceed to the filling of the entire surface or perform a different finish finish.
Advice that will be useful when performing work on the
- The exterior of the balcony is performed before glazing work is carried out.
- Insulation can be used the same as for interior finishing - polystyrene foam, mineral wool, ecothermix, URSA XPS.Choosing a heater, study carefully the properties of the material - it must have a spice of qualities required for external use: it is fine to tolerate a low temperature and be moisture resistant.
- To protect the concrete slab from water that will flow down the plank after rain, it is necessary to install a water drain.
- The higher the balcony, the more security measures you need to take when performing its plating. Obligatory is the use of a mounting construction belt and a special tether.
- Qualitatively executed paneling of the balcony - both internal and external, - will give a reliable soundproofing.