Norms of planting trees in the ranks of
According to the unspoken rule, the planting plan for trees in our country has a rectangular scheme - all fruit and berry crops have straight lines.
- The most common cultures in our latitudes are apple trees and pears, sweet cherries and apricots. The distance between the trees when planting is 8 meters in a row and 6 meters between adjacent lines. If you have a small plot, do not worry, such a tree planting scheme allows for a planting between two plants in a row, another one in a row or grafted onto a dwarfish rootstock culture( cherry, peach, quince, apple or pear).If in the aisles only berry or vegetable crops are planned to be planted, the tree planting regulations allow the reduction of distances between adjacent rows up to 6 m.
- For stunted plants like plums and cherries, there are own norms for planting trees on the site. In the center and in the northeast of Russia these crops are planted according to the scheme - the distance between ne
ighboring plants is 3 m in a row, which is broken every 4 m, and in the south - 4 by 6 meters, respectively.
Standards for planting trees and shrubs on the borders of the garden
Do not forget that the proximity of buildings and borders with neighboring sites is also crucial for the growth and harvest of the young tree. To the nearest building, the minimum distance from the fruit-bearing garden is determined by the value of 5-6 m. And the neighbor fence should not be closer than half the width of the row spacing for the selected crop.
As the long-term practice shows, the perimeter of the site is better to be occupied by berry bushes. Recommended planting on one side of raspberries, on the other - currants and gooseberries, at a distance of 1 meter from the fence. It will also look beautiful here a hedge of grapes or barberry.
Technology of planting trees and shrubs
The rules for planting trees determine not only the observance of the distances between neighboring crops but also are aimed at ensuring rapid adaptation of the seedling to a new location, achieving high fertility and increasing plant resistance to natural conditions. The technology of planting trees and shrubs is a separate topic for a detailed discussion. In short, it covers the following stages:
- preparation of the pit,
- directly landing,
- pruning and watering of the young plant.
Here you need to remember a few tips.
- Pits are best prepared in advance - in a few weeks dig and immediately fill with fertilizer or at least six months later, fill up the prepared excavation in the ground with branches, leaves and other organic matter, which in time will become an excellent fertile soil.
- Immediately before planting seedlings, their roots are recommended to be dipped in a blob - a creamy mixture of water and equal parts of clay and mullein.
- The transplant is produced in a water-filled pit. It is necessary to pay attention to the fact that the root collar of the seedling should look out of the ground 3-5 cm at the end of the planting works, it will be in one level when the soil settles.
- Pruning seedlings is of great importance for their adaptation, therefore, it is impossible to skip such an important moment. Planted in spring, the crops are immediately cut off, and in the autumn transplantation - the pruning is transferred to spring.
- In addition, the technique of planting trees and shrubs determines the age of the seedling. So, apple-trees and pears are best planted by two-year-olds. By this time they should already have a well-formed crown and developed a root system. The same rule applies to cherries and plums, which are planted in the central and northern regions of Russia. More favorable southern latitudes allow the planting of cherries, plums, cherries, peaches and apricots at the age of one year. Berry bushes( gooseberries and currants) are also better to be transplanted at the age of two, provided there are two or three shoots and a powerful root system. A raspberry - thick( 6-8 mm in diameter), well-developed, annual shoots.
Compliance with these simple rules will significantly increase the likelihood of a very rapid and profuse harvest.