Selection of drainage pipes in the ditch and their features
It is enough to independently arrange a normal approach to your house to any owner, it is enough to choose the right accessories and to perform their installation in a qualitative way.
When buying materials, pay attention to the quality characteristics of pipes, its weight, strength and price. These pipes are perfect for laying in a trench, since they are of different diameters and therefore suitable for any trench.
To date, building materials markets offer a wide range of such pipes from various manufacturers. One of the main requirements for them is rigidity and resistance to increased loads. There are several pipe options, it all depends on your financial capabilities and requirements:
- Metal pipe in the ditch , is capable of withstanding heavy loads, which is a significant plus if the road is used by heavy duty vehicles. The tendency to corrosion is partially reduced by additional waterproofing.
- Quite often used for ditches and concrete pipes due to its high throughput. The disadvantage of such pipes is their fragility and considerable weight, which requires the use of special equipment for their transportation and installation.
- Reinforced concrete pipes in a ditch are a worthy alternative to the rest, since they do not require much labor. Take a conventional plastic pipe of large diameter and wrapped in a metal frame. After laying, the structure is poured with a concrete solution, which provides it with increased strength.
- Corrugated plastic pipes for a ditch are also quite popular due to a variety of positive qualities: cheapness, durability, resistance to external mechanical damage and corrosion.
Installing drainage pipes in the ditch
Having the necessary skills, and having thoroughly studied the process, the installation of the drainage structure will not be difficult. The basic rule is - the drainage device should be made so that moisture passes only through the pipe, as seepage through the auxiliary elements helps destroy the embankment.
The sequence of laying the pipe in the drainage ditch is as follows:
- A hole of a certain depth and width with inclined walls is excavated. The depth should be within 50-100 cm.
- The slopes of the embankment are strengthened by a layer of dense geotextile, distributing the external load evenly over the entire area of the bridge;
- The base is laid out in the form of a cushion of sand or concrete( thickness 10-15 cm)
- The drainage pipe is installed in such a way that its ends extend beyond the trench;
- The next layer is a medium-sized detritus with a thickness of about 30 cm;
- This entire structure is insulated and carefully tamped;
The main function of this design is to allow unimpeded flow of drains of any traffic intensity. Together with such wastewater all sorts of garbage is carried, which can form clogs and delay the flow of water. Avoid this, by installing special metal gratings on the pipes, and periodically cleaning them from debris.
The final stage is directly arrangement of arrival by asphalt, concreting or other methods.