Types of metal fences
First of all, you need to determine the type of fencing, there are several. The most common and popular are often the following:
- Forged. This is the most expensive and statutory fence. The order of forged sections will fly to the owner in penny, but such a fence will serve without any damage to reliability and an external pronounced aesthetic appearance for decades. Care does not require.
- Welded. They are fences for any kind of territories that are distinguished by their reliability and full compliance with safety requirements.
- Fences made of corrugated board. They can have a wide variety of colors and surface coating options, as well as a lot of possibilities for installation. Thus, fences from profiled sheeting have practically no competitors in their price category.
Materials for installing a metal fence
Before you start installing a metal fence, you need to think about the materials that will be required for the wo
rk. Let's look at their list for a fence from the profiled sheet, because it is one of the most economical types of fencing:
- Wall profiled sheet NS( wave 8, 10 or 15 mm);
- Corners or metal pipes of large diameter for pillars and smaller for logs;
- Holders and fittings for mounting the fence without welding;
- M6 bolts( 30 or 20 mm);
- Screw plugs( for M6);
- Self-tapping screws for roofing.
Metal fence installation
Fences made of profiled sheets do not have equal qualities in price / aesthetic features / speed of installation / quality / durability. Consider how to mount a fence from the proflist in your own hands in step-by-step instructions.
- We make the markup of the site. For this, two pegs are installed in the places of extreme support of each fence wall. A string is stretched between them, making it possible to make all notes for drilling holes on one line.
- Given the standard width of the profiled wall sheet and the length of the fence, determine the step size between the supports. Standardly this value varies between 2 and 3 meters, most often in the area of 2.5 m. In the places of future supports, stakes are put, and afterwards holes are drilled.
- With the help of the garden borer holes are made with a diameter of 20-30 cm and a similar depth. The very supports are installed, driving into the ground with a sledgehammer, much deeper, usually to a depth of 1 m.
- In the holes around the supports fall asleep crushed rock and compact it, and then pour the space between the stones with liquid concrete. The next step can be performed only after the support base has dried completely.
- The crossbeams can be welded or fixed using self-tapping screws. It is important to do this by butt for greater aesthetics of the metal fence and to save the space it occupies.
Please note! When buying a profiled sheet for a fence, consider only its useful, but not the overall width. The lapping is done by placing the wave in a wave.
- The main material of the fence is the wall profile sheets. You can choose the type depending on personal preferences( galvanized, coated with a polymeric colored layer, with a small wave).Mount the corrugated board with the help of roofing screws in the tone of the material. In order not to damage the corrosion-resistant coating, use rubber bolts for mounting.
More information on installing a metal fence can be seen on the video in the next tab.