Following the advice of landscape designers: types of pond projects
The most popular five years ago was considered a container on a concrete or brick basis. Its construction was not represented without the involvement of specialists. The process of laying the foundation, the accuracy of measurement, the laying of building materials took a sufficient amount of time and effort.
To date, there are other options for creating a decorative pond with their own hands. They are simple and qualitative. Consider their list:
- Pre-prepared template. This option is ideal for those wishing to achieve the final result in the shortest possible time. It is enough to buy a heat-resistant mold made of fiberglass. The size is selected individually. It is possible to select a shape under a pond with different edges to form shores. Choosing a ready-made version of the pond, it is necessary to think ahead of its dimensions: area and volume. It is worth considering the future cleaning of the pond, the planting of
ornamental plants, etc.
- Garden pond based on the film. Popular films are the following types:
- Polyvinyl chloride;
- Butyl rubber.
The first version of the film is sold at the lowest price. Experts still recommend buying the material more expensive, then its service life will be longer. The cost affects the thickness. Orientation when buying is also at the depth of the pond. At a depth of one and a half meters, it is worth choosing a film with a density of one and a half millimeters. Of no small importance is the color of the material - the visibility of the bottom and the appearance of the reservoir, as a whole, depend on it.
Film flooring is best produced in the hot season with a mark above +20 degrees. This promotes a more qualitative and even straightening of the material. You can lay the film for a decorative pond yourself.
Preliminary work and general description of the pond in the garden
When creating a pond in the suburban area, you need to understand - under its placement can be allocated no more than 0.1 places in the garden. The depth should not exceed 0.6 meters. When deciding to get "living creature" its parameters can be increased to 2 m.
We recommend that you familiarize yourself with the characteristics of the future structure:
- When deciding to plant algae in the bottom of the pond, it is important to know about the place of its arrangement. It is better to create such a pond in a territory with a slope.
- Check the presence of groundwater flows will never be superfluous. In the cold period, they provoke shallowing.
- It is necessary to plan the location of the reservoir near the house and the water pipe in advance.
- It is important to equip a decorative pond under the branches of trees. They create an additional shadow. Their fallen leaves pollute the water.
- Direct solar fluxes will lead to rapid evaporation of water. It is important to choose the location of the pond in the shade, near the trees.
- The pre-selected design will give direction to the entire landscape style of the garden.
Rules for creating a decorative pond with your own hands
Specialists suggest using several variants - from a pre-prepared form( from a rigid material and having a fixed volume) and films. The most popular option is the first one - from a rigid form. Let's look at it in detail:
- Decide on the place for the future pond. Set the form. Prepare preliminary calculations and designate these parameters in the garden, in addition take a stock of 20 centimeters. By marking out a hole, digging follows the planes of the form.
- The excavated pit must have a flat surface without excess pebbles and protruding hillocks. It is necessary to load the mold. If there is a gap between the pit and the shape of the emptiness, you can fill it with sand and soil. For a more dense touch of the earth and the shape of the pond, water the soil. This will in many respects strengthen the density of the base placement under the future reservoir.
- It must be remembered that the soil around the pond can sink. After immersing the mold and filling the tank, you need to moisten the shore. If desired, you can plant ornamental plants, lay stones of different shades and sizes. The design of the coastal line depends on the preferences of each.
The shore of the pond is a great place to relax. Such a relaxing time will be doubly pleasant with proper equipment of the garden area. In the evening, the main indicator of quality is lighting. The original solution will be the illumination of the pond - the outer( shores) and the underwater. A popular option is the lanterns that place on the water surface of the pond.
Underwater lighting is equipped on the mounting plate. The harness hides under the stones. This variant reminds an aquarium, thanks to it all "flora and fauna" of a reservoir is visible. Flood lanterns are ideal as an option to a combination of floating flowers or algae leaves. They create a unique illumination of plants and flicker of water.
List of required tools
Will be required:
- Eliminating excess water pump. Especially it is appropriate after the winter period from the pool of thawed snow.
- Special sockets used at the time of connecting the lighting to a decorative pond.
- Household hoses.
- Additional tools for cleaning the water surface. These include nets, nets, tongs.
Note: The garden pond requires careful care and constant cleanliness. If you want to plant the plants on its shore, you should consult the vendors about the type of plants.